My new first car.

• Thread starter gibson
  • 17 comments
My new first car.
I was on my way home from picking up my first car, a '88 Volvo 240 Wagon with like 55,000 miles on it, when i suddenly saw it, my dream car!!

It was a '67 Mercury Cougar XR-7!!

I didn't see any one around, so I pulled up behind it. Then i saw a note on the seat that said "Whom eva finds dis here note, the title of this fine auto is in the glove box along with the keys. Take good care of her, her name is Katie."
I took a quick look at the car. I had some cheap chrome wheels on it and needed some body work, but it was mine!
5 minutes later, I was back with my dads Dodger Ram and a flat bed trailer.

My enw first car.
I was on my way home from picking up my first car, a '88 Volvo 240 Wagon with like 55,000 miles on it, when i suddenly saw it, my dream car!!

It was a '67 Mercury Cougar XR-7!!

I didn't see any one around, so I pulled up behind it. Then i saw a note on the seat that said "Whom eva finds dis here note, the title of this fine auto is in the glove box along with the keys. Take good care of her, her name in Katie."
I took a quick look at the car. I had some cheap chrome wheels on it and needed some body work, but it was mine!
my.php

5 minutes later, I was back with my dads Dodger Ram.

Thats a good write up there.... whens the next installment? :D

EDIT: how is your enw car? :D

A Day At The Track
I hopped in the XR-7 monday morning to meet up with my friend, Gavin. Since he and I both work at the same small shop, we met there to install the parts he had.picked up out of his dads wrecked Trans Am XR-7.
As I turned into the road the shop was on, I remebered that today, we were just putting on the new rims and take it to Sears Point for testing.

When i pulled up to Fast Freddy's Auto Repair, I revved the engine to get Gavo's attention. We popped the hood to find out that it had a restrictor plate on it, a clue to the cars past? We pulled the plate off, and the car sounded like it was new again, not like an I-6.
As we pulled out of the road, i gunned it and burnt a ton of rubber on cheap tires. No surprise to me, they where bald any way.

When i did that, Gavin said "Those ain't the crappy Tiger Paw AWP's you were on, these are BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KD!"
When we got to the track, we checked in, and all that stuff, then, we pulled out onto the track for a warm up lap.

After the first lap, i beet the car to within an inch of its life, and it begged for more.

After about 10 laps each, both us and the Merc were getting tired of the heat and driving, so we each took one more lap.

After those two laps, the she over heated, so we took her back to Freddy's and did a total engine rebuild.

That Ain't Stock.
"Hey, Mike!" Gavin said as I ran to grab the shop book I bought on the way home from the track.

It was Friday morning, i spend the night at the shop, Gavin had just walked in. I yelled back down "Pop the hood, let's dig into this 289!" After i came back down, he had an astonished look on his face. I said "Whats with the look?" He replied "This sure as **** ain't a 289, its even better, its a 390 with a 4 BBL carb!!"
ch26600tum8.th.jpg

Then it clicked!! "Thats way when we dyno'd it, she put out 345 HP in stead of 200!" Freddy screamed from under the I-ROC Z that he was building. I was baffeled. "When did we dyno it?" I said. "Last night after you passed out, Gavin and I put Katie on the dyno."
"I will the 289 parts work on this?" I said. "Nope, the 390 is Fords smallest big block." Fred said. " ****!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I didn't have the cash at the time to pay for tis stuff, and i had just sold the Volvo to pay for the parts i just ordered. "Don't worry, I'll cancel the order and order the right parts." Gavin said.
The next night, the parts where in, all 500hp worth. OZ wheels, Comp cam, Flowmaster exauste, K&N intake, New Goodyear DOT aproved slicks, Saleen 6 speed trans, 9 inch Ford, Edelbrock fuel injection, Brembo brakes and a custom made suspention. Then we stripped the car down to the frame and rebuilt it. Within a week, we where ready to go to the big daddy, the 'Ring!

Good writeup! It's cool to think of a Cougar on the Ring. :D But the title is a bit of an Oxymoron is it not?

Finding the car, taking it to a friend's place to be built with old racing parts, revving the engine to get his attention... how does this sound so miraculously familiar? ;)

- R -

Great write-up, but I remember some time ago, someone wrote a story about seeing a skyline r32 in the forest. I dunno why, but I feel this kind of stuff is not really that possible. :(

Back