My PS2 Is Broken Part II

• Thread starter Concept
  • 11 comments

Concept

(Banned)
I hooked it up and stuff all over again and now the damn thing decides it will play games with purple backs and not games on DVD roms. Anybody know why in the world it is acting so stupid? :(

Originally posted by ViperConcept
I hooked it up and stuff all over again and now the damn thing decides it will play games with purple backs and not games on DVD roms. Anybody know why in the world it is acting so stupid? :(
I dont know man. Ya know my friend had the same problem. Got it fixed then it started doing it again. I heard the new ones (i dont know if they are out yet) dont have ANY problems with them at all. Best bet for you to do it sell it on e-bay and say that it IS broken. Thats what my friend did and hes already up to $ 80.00 and still has 2 more days left for biddings. You will/should get alot of money for it even if its broken. ;)

Originally posted by Viper Zero
Try this out: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/ps2_disc_read_error.txt

Or, you could take it to a local electronics shop and have them take a look at it. They could even get you a new off the shelf laser assembly. But, DO NOT send it to Sony! Sony loves ripping people off.

I know thats true. I looked up on Playstation.com about how much it would run me to send it to them to repair and it would cost $130-$150 for them to do it. I said screw that.

Thanks fore the help guys. Its greatly appreciated. :)

Oh yeah, I just clicked on your link Viper Zero and it wont work. Something about GameFAQ's bandwitch crap. Thanks anyway.

No it will not play DVD movies. Actually I was watching Pearl Harbor whenever it just stopped. From then on no type of DVD-Rom will play. I got my PS2 July 31st of 2001. So uh..I think my 90 days is up. :(

Thank you very much Viper Zero. I am going to read through this and see if I can be helped out. Thank you very much Viper Zero! :D

Very nice! Tell Sony where they can stick it! :P

Sony's face, when they stick it where they know they can = :eek:

Do be careful with your laser...and don't use one of those disc-type cleaners...they can scratch the lens.

Latest Posts

Back