my thumbs hurt....

You would think we'd be conditioned for this, but I guess not.

After a marathon session this weekend, mine were killing me, also. For some reason, it didn't stop me, though.

My left thumb has been in pain since I got the game, the tip feels like it's just a big blister or something, I'm hoping callouses form soon.

ugh

Ive developed a callous where my thumb bends....its helps some but still after a few hours it will get soar....but I keep playin

try playing with a thumb that has little to no feeling in the tip! My mate cut the end of his thumb nearly off with a pair of air-snips, and for about 12 months had no feeling whatsoever in it after it was sewn back on. feeling is slowly returning, but he still has trouble playing with the XOΔ□ buttons

dont cut your thumb nail too short as that can dig into the skin, my thumb was sore for a week cos of it, damaged the nerve endings, still have a callous from my gt3 days.

Try the analog sticks. Left - steering, right - gas/brake.
I play all of my driving/riding games with this setup and there's no pain anymore...
Furthermore, you can adjust steering, gas and brake more precisely this way IMO.

I hate the sticks, I never got used to them and I don't have the patience to try them when using the d-pad works for me. I don't use the sticks for any game and I change the controls if the default is for the sticks :)

I cant use the analogue stcks to steer, but im guessing i will have to learn to use em to dteer better in TT. I have to use the right sdtick for throttle/brake to control how much gas im giving it though.

gooseter
try playing with a thumb that has little to no feeling in the tip! My mate cut the end of his thumb nearly off with a pair of air-snips, and for about 12 months had no feeling whatsoever in it after it was sewn back on. feeling is slowly returning, but he still has trouble playing with the XOΔ□ buttons

Damn, I thought I had it bad with a pretty badly sprained left thumb from a lowside (in real life) last October.

rovens
I have to use the right sdtick for throttle/brake to control how much gas im giving it though.

i thought the buttons wwere pressure sentsitive so to speak, like the softer you push it the slower you go and the harder you push it (to a certain point) the faster it goes (throttle wise anyway)

but if you use the analog stick then thats fine.

Tee-Jay
i thought the buttons wwere pressure sentsitive so to speak, like the softer you push it the slower you go and the harder you push it (to a certain point) the faster it goes (throttle wise anyway)

but if you use the analog stick then thats fine.

Yeah they are sensitive. Thing is they are to sensitive for me :dunce:

I either mash the button or i dont press it at all :)

ahh ok, fair enough, i always find that after a few hours of playing, my thumb gets a bit weak and all off a sudden im not accelerating, but i find that the analog is in a akward position so i dont use that.

I couldnt get used to sticks (DFP didnt help after all ;) ) but when i bought TT,i thought i would givin' it a second chance.It is 1-2 hours to learn how,1-2 days to make it so useful that u cant look back any more :)
PS:embarrassed:nly for steering,i dont like the feel of the right stick.
PS2:Maybe logitech should release its RFP...👍

Back