myWorld Großer Preis von Österreich 2019Formula 1 

Watch the replays. Max has the line because Charles leaves a giant gap.
Take off your dutch tinted glasses.

Max made the same move a lap earlier but failed to make it stick because the Ferrari got the better drive out of T3.
So he decided to force the Ferrari off track the next time around.

He clearly had the pace on the Ferrari, yes. But he couldn't make a clean pass so he decided to force his way through.
Textbook dirty driving.

Has someone else mentioned Gasly getting lapped by his teammate who won the race?? I think he should get the ax and demoted to Toro Rosso like they did with Kvyat a few years ago. His less than stellar performance is not helping the team. He's had 9 races now to show some improvement, instead he got lapped! :rolleyes:

If this type of overtake goes unpunished, I bet we'll see more crashes and "forcing other drivers off track" in the future. If you have the right to the entire width of the track when you're side by side with another car, that means every overtake will have to be made on the straights and not under braking.

I really want to watch great racing, but with consistent rules aplied to everyone and everywhere. If Vettel got 5sec for coming out of the grass without grip, Max should also get one. He never lost the control of his car and clearly forced LeClerc off.

Really curious to see what the stewards will decide regardless. Penalty or no penalty, things are getting out of control with how many times the only couple of moments of wheel to wheel racing we have are ruined by stupid rules or the inconsistency of their application.

Last edited:
His steering wheel was to the right the entire time. He opened it up a bit, but definitely didn't steer to the left.
It's semantics, I think the contact was a result of a steering angle change he made at that moment.

I am commenting on the letter of the rule, but I think the sport is in a fragile place and I'd rather not see another race win taken away in the steward's room.

This one is also very political, being at Red Bull Ring, with all the Dutch fans attending, and Honda getting their first win since returning to F1.

I honestly think that will weight more into the decision than anything that happened on track.

EDK
It's semantics, I think the contact was a result of a steering angle change he made at that moment.

I am commenting on the letter of the rule, but I think the sport is in a fragile place and I'd rather not see another race win taken away in the steward's room.

This one is also very political, being at Red Bull Ring, with all the Dutch fans attending, and Honda getting their first win since returning to F1.

I honestly think that will weight more into the decision than anything that happened on track.
I'm not making any judgements, I was just commenting on you saying he turned left. He didn't.

Leclerc is a great young man and a great driver and his time to win a race will surely come but today was Verstappen's day.
Max was faster in every single one of the ten last laps and totally deserved this victory.
The overtaking could have come out a little better but that's racing right there.

This type of overtake happens all the time at turn one at COTA but there isn't the sausage curb on the outside of the corner.

When you ignored evidence showing dangerous driving and kept your anti-Hamilton hat on? Yes, I do remember that.

Anti Hamilton? I let that one slide, British Prisonermonkeys.

I prefer, and I made that clear quite a lot, that they loosen up the judgments, because of the neutering of the racing. If they keep killing the action with the judgements for the rubber tile generation, you can be sure the sport will be dead in 10 years. These cars are safe enough to roll with 300 km/h. Most, if not all of the action that is being judged and punished, happens on the slowest of corners.

Let them race.

Has someone else mentioned Gasly getting lapped by his teammate who won the race?? I think he should get the ax and demoted to Toro Rosso like they did with Kvyat a few years ago. His less than stellar performance is not helping the team. He's had 9 races now to show some improvement, instead he got lapped!
He explained that he ruined his tires behind Raikonnen before overtaking him. Problem is you can't have such explanation for every race in F1.
I don't know what to think about Galsy's situation. There's like 10 times their intrinsic time gap on most of the races final gap. I know there is a problem also in the Gasly's garage (rookie lead engineer, with the second that expected last year he would be promoted). I never expected Gasly to be at Verstappen level, especially in that team. But the current situation, which does not reflect his level, is ruining his career. At least, considering the Red Bull interest, it helps Verstappen to build confidence :D

He explained that he ruined his tires behind Raikonnen before overtaking him. Problem is you can't have such explanation for every race in F1.
I don't know what to think about Galsy's situation. There's like 10 times their intrinsic time gap on most of the races final gap. I know there is a problem also in the Gasly's garage (rookie lead engineer, with the second that expected last year he would be promoted). I never expected Gasly to be at Verstappen level, especially in that team. But the current situation, which does not reflect his level, is ruining his career. At least, considering the Red Bull interest, it helps Verstappen to build confidence :D
I think Gasly is slow, period.

I dont think giving a penalty after the race would help, they should do it before the podium. Max and all the fans are already celebrating. And if the result gets changed Leclerc has missed his chance of celebrating his first f1 win podium moment.

When you ignored evidence showing dangerous driving and kept your anti-Hamilton hat on? Yes, I do remember that.

Anti Hamilton? I let that one slide, British Prisonermonkeys.

I prefer, and I made that clear quite a lot, that they loosen up the judgments, because of the neutering of the racing. If they keep killing the action with the judgements for the rubber tile generation, you can be sure the sport will be dead in 10 years. These cars are safe enough to roll with 300 km/h. Most, if not all of the action that is being judged and punished, happens on the slowest of corners.

Let them race.
Come on guys, play the ball.

None of us want to see your pretty personal debate, and it's bordering on AUP violation anyhow.

I dont think giving a penalty after the race would help, they should do it before the podium. Max and all the fans are already celebrating. And if the result gets changed Leclerc has missed his chance of celebrating his first f1 win podium moment.

It does however, let the crowd dissipate.

Other than the usual mercedes dominance complaints, every race weekend seem to be plague with controversy in regards to the rules in place....I guess now we'll have a break about the mercedes complaints but the other one is getting old too :rolleyes:

Ricciardo left on the notion that Red Bull was quickly becoming a team which rallies around Max. Assuming that's still the case, I was never expecting Gasly to be on the same level as Max. But looking at the points for the team and his overall finishes, Max racked up almost 70% of all the points for Red Bull so far. For your teammate to get lapped in the same car, that says a lot! Even when Ricciardo was his teammate and Max outperforming him, such a gap was never that obvious in between the 2 (granted Ricciardo was cursed with a ton of reliability issues). When the car performed well, they were somewhat levelled with Max having a slight advantage here and there, and it's not the case at all with Gasly.

This was a fantastic race, totally engrossing from begging to end. Driver of the day - all of them.

Sadly it has the potential to be ruined by a stewards decision. Now before I continue I was rooting for both Norris and Hamilton so I have no skin in this particular game.

Verstappen's pass looked completely legal to me - the cars were dead level, he had the line, and Leclerc appeared to be belatedly trying to close the door. Had Verstappen been a half car length back then yes he would have been in the wrong, but as it stands it looks like Leclerc is in the wrong.

Shame really as I was hoping to see Leclerc take his first victory once it was clear that Hamilton was out of contention.

Hopefully the stewards will see sense and declare a racing incident.

This was a fantastic race, totally engrossing from begging to end. Driver of the day - all of them.

Sadly it has the potential to be ruined by a stewards decision. Now before I continue I was rooting for both Norris and Hamilton so I have no skin in this particular game.

Verstappen's pass looked completely legal to me - the cars were dead level, he had the line, and Leclerc appeared to be belatedly trying to close the door. Had Verstappen been a half car length back then yes he would have been in the wrong, but as it stands it looks like Leclerc is in the wrong.

Shame really as I was hoping to see Leclerc take his first victory once it was clear that Hamilton was out of contention.

What door? Max had all the track for himself and made sure LeCrerc had none of it.
LeClerc in the wrong? What's a new one. :odd:

Also, Max decided to do what he did and delay is turning point / miss the apex. It's not the steward's fault that there are rules for leaving a car's width and not forcing other drivers off track.

@PaMu1337 The Onion? ^^

Last edited:

Verstappen, one didn't give room and despite what one person claimed here so far he let the steering angle free up and that's what caused the collision between the two. Yet wants to do his usual claim that someone closed/turn in on him. Charles was trying to stay on the track and make the turn he had already been making.

Even though they were side by side, the rules state you leave a car's width, had Max done that, he'd have won the drag race off that corner and Leclerc would have had to fall behind Max. I knew at some point if Max was challenged something like this would happen, when we can even predict that, don't you think it says something about the driver?

There is Nothing wrong with Max's move as much as Vettel didn't deserve a penalty in Canada. What on earth is wrong with these people who want robotic racing and arguing like lawyers!!

Vettel's was a much greyer situation because he didn't have the control of the car when he rejoined the track. It could go both ways.

This one is so obvious that if it goes unpunished, there will be no reason not to shove other drivers off track in the future in similar situations (wheel to wheel).

I think the only thing to blame here is DRS for enabling people to make lunges from multiple car lengths back. Seriously, DRS sucks.
I'm going to take a guess and say this isn't your first time talking about DRS being bad.

Back