Nürburgring circuit experience — elite times

• Thread starter Redvette
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Hi folks,

Been playing this game pretty steady for the last couple months and have gotten gold in pretty much all the single player challenges including the Nürburgring ones. While playing the Nürburgring full circuit time trial i noticed the best times are like sub 6:30. I watched a couple videos on youtube and it appears these folks are using stability control. My best time is a 6:52, but i dont use any tcs or stability control. Abs and automatic transmission are my only helpers. I would really like to see some videos of folks who are driving this circuit with the same settings as me to see if i can improve my time. Can anyone provide any links?

Way back before the tire physics update wiped all the records, my best was a low 6:30's. No aids, manual transmission, ABS default. My videos wouldn't help you because the tire model changed so much.

I'm gonna be blunt with you, you're way off the pace. My best advice to you is to switch to manual transmission now, and keep practicing. Learning manual is a "reset" of sorts. It's going to take you awhile to become consistent with it, but once you do, you'll be much faster than automatic.

With a 6:52 I'm assuming you're having at least one off-course during a run. The trick with Nordy is being consistent. Once you achieve consistency, then you can start "min-maxing" your braking points. If you try to replicate an expert video run now you'll spend all your time against the wall.

Hi folks,

Been playing this game pretty steady for the last couple months and have gotten gold in pretty much all the single player challenges including the Nürburgring ones. While playing the Nürburgring full circuit time trial i noticed the best times are like sub 6:30. I watched a couple videos on youtube and it appears these folks are using stability control. My best time is a 6:52, but i dont use any tcs or stability control. Abs and automatic transmission are my only helpers. I would really like to see some videos of folks who are driving this circuit with the same settings as me to see if i can improve my time. Can anyone provide any links?

Hi, I made this guide some time ago with a 6.27,609 time.
It was before the last tires update so i don´t know if those corner speeds are still possible.
Yes i know this lap was with CSA but it shows the line for a fast lap. You can compare your own lap with this and try to improve those sections where you have the biggest difference to your own run.
I think CSA is about 3-5 seconds faster around the Ring so something low 6.30 is possible with your settings.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I did some testing with manual gear changes and that definitely does up the difficulty. I am curious as to how manual shifting makes you faster? Are you able to extend gears more than the automatic allows or something?

One other question. It was mentioned above that there have been changes to the tire model that impedes performance relative to what used to be possible. Does that mean that all the best times likely have records set that are no longer possible to be matched?

Back