n00b drifter! (Edit, 1 GT3 Skyline drift added)

• Thread starter Zephyron
  • 4 comments
WARNING: 10MB file of random silliness

I've tried to record some videos on my drifts/powerslides with the Ford GT.

They'd kinda suck I guess, ph33r my n00b4g3, so perhaps some crits would be appreciated =)

Video link:
Ford GT '05 Trial Mountain drift test

Settings used:
-) NA Stage 3
-) Sports Medium/Hard
-) Racing Brakes 6/2
-) Suspension
Springs 9.2/11.5
Ride Ht 85/88
Bound 7/7
Rebound 7/8
Camber 2.7/2.0
Toe 0/0
Stabiizers 4/6
-)Gear ratio
Tranny Trick shifted all the way to Auto 1, Final 4.232
-)Downforce 30/50
-)LSD 7/28/14

EDIT: New addition: GT3 Skyline drift, Initial D style?

that was good, not as noobish as ya make it out to be. i recommend working on smoother countersteer for the longer turns and practicing feinting into the shorter turns. 👍 pretty sick car to be sliding btw

yeah that was nice, you might try just using n3 tires. might make it easier to get some bigger slides. it will probably be hard to control since your car has full power. but it should be fun.

I´m trying some drifting to when I´m bored of racing, but it´s very hard with the DS2.

I´ll watch your video when I get home, it´s not working here.

TRi: Thanks! I'll try those out and try to figure out which drifting tech is which. Been drifting without knowing much about the techniques behind them all this while n.n;;
The Ford GT's a nasty beast to try to get control of, so I dare not try anything to fancy with it when drifting n.n;

sunce: I'd try that but, the Ford GT (under my settings at least) has a lot of difficulty turning when using N tyres due to front grip being almost non-existant. With Racing tyres however, even on RSS on both F/R, it spins out too darned easily (ironic, since they're supposed to give more grip than Sports tyres in game), so I settled for S tyres since they give me a sense of grip and allows room for mistake while trying to drift (though not too much).

Still can't believe its easier to spin out with R tyres though... My brains nearly got fried before I gave up figuring out what the case was x.X

FatAssBR: Maybe the download already surpassed 25 downloads, or perhaps the comp at where you were did not support Xvid?
I've re-uploaded the file just in case =)

PS: Oni, if you're reading this...Hi! *waves* =D

Back