[NA] Used Car List - Cycles 1-81 (now w/ rare list)

• Thread starter jkrobby
  • 97 comments
I have attached an early version (Cycles 1-25 ) of a Used Car List for the NA version of GT4. The list was made in excel and includes the following information:

Rare Cars List
Car
Number of Appearances

Showroom Stats
NEW COLUMN: Rareness ( on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most rare )
Model
Year
Make
Origin
Date Available
Mileage
Cost
Type
Power @ RPMs
Torque @ RPMs
Weight

Garage Stats
Power
Torque
Power-to-Weight (actually weight : power - keeps the numbers in-line with the game)

There is a column for color, but it is not completed yet. That information will be filled in on the second time around.

Also, I plan on incorporating all of this Used Car information into the NA version of the GT4 QRG where it will be sortable and filterable just like the JPN one.

UPDATE: the same information is available in an HTML form on GTP. Check it out HERE.

Used Cars Cycle 1-81 (Right Click and Save As)

Thanks, I'm finding this very useful as I'm looking for all the cars with 6.2 miles. I'm already past week 25 though. Any idea when the next update will be or when all 70 cycles will be available (even without color)?

CFM
Thanks, I'm finding this very useful as I'm looking for all the cars with 6.2 miles. I'm already past week 25 though. Any idea when the next update will be or when all 70 cycles will be available (even without color)?

Actually there is 100 cycles

with so many people working on the used car list you would think it wouldn't be too much longer before we see a complete list.

TornadoAlley
Actually there is 100 cycles

with so many people working on the used car list you would think it wouldn't be too much longer before we see a complete list.

Yes you are correct...I was thinking about 7 days being in a week and typed 70 when I meant to type 100.:dunce:

Wow, man. That's absoluty time consuming. :nervous: Good job. 👍

Just a question though. Could you add in which used car lot you find the car? I know most cars are obvious, but others ones are somewhat doubtful. :indiff:

I haven't played the game, so this probably isn't correct, but ...

Famine listed the lots as Old Timer, Used Car 90's A, and Used Car 90's B ...

All the ones in the Old Timer lot are 1989 and older ...
All the ones in the Used Car 90's A lot are from 1990 to 1995 ...
All the ones in the Used Car 90's B lot are from 1996 to 1999 ...

So, if that's how the used car lots are actually set up, just go by the year of the vehicle ...

I am up to about Day 400 with the 6.2 mile cars only. I have got distracted by the PAL version though (up to about Day 225 there).

conkfool
Will there be regular updates to this list, or will you just post it when you're completely done?

Yes, there will be regular updates. I will probably re-upload the file every 5 rotations or so.

kamikazekoala
Just a question though. Could you add in which used car lot you find the car? I know most cars are obvious, but others ones are somewhat doubtful.

Jmac has it right in his post above with one small correction: 90's B Lot has all cars 96 and newer. And yes, this is time consuming. Strangely though, I seem to be enjoying doing this. I have a weird affection for statistics.

a future accountant is found. lol

Seriously. Good work.

The sortable list is what will make this whole thing doable. What good is a list when it takes you longer to sort through it than to play the game? lol

Keep it up and let me know if I can help in anyway.

Someone above wondered why the list hasn't been finished yet "with all these people working on it"
The reason is because three of is started our own separate lists and weren't working together. Robby's list seems to be the best format so I've given up on my list.

I did something similar for GT2 back in the day, except I actually tested out all 500+ cars, recorded my times around Red Rock Valley, and other little bits of data such as a Value column (both stock and modified) ...

Value =300-10*Log(Cost/1000)-Time

People I knew found this to be especially helpful in determining what car to buy at the start ...

So, basically, this formula says that every time you double the price, you should take 3 seconds off your lap times ... If you take off more, value goes up ... if you take off less, value goes down ... if you take off exactly 3 seconds, value stays the same ...

Time being the amount of time in seconds it took to do 2 GOOD laps at Red Rock Valley ... I chose Red Rock Valley because I found it was the easiest course to be consistant at ...

I also did Power/Weight ratio as Horsepower per 1000 lbs ...

I think I had a few others pieces of data, but I can't remember ... it was like 5 years ago :P

Caught a mistake ...

The '97 Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR has an incorrect milage value ...

You put "23354,2" when it should've been "23354.2" :)

Also, you don't have to enter "=N2/O2" "=N3/O3" "=N4/O4" etc. for every entry ... You can just put "=(N:N/O:embarrassed:)" and it will just take those values from that row ;)

Also, you wouldn't need to put it in more than once, it'll automatically do it for you ;)

It would probably save you a lot of time ...

If you don't believe me, start a new Excel spreadsheet and set A and B columns to different numbers ... Enter numbers for A and B, then paste the formula into C then press enter ... Enter numbers for A and B and paste into C until column 5, where it should start doing it automatically for you ...

Jmac279
Caught a mistake ...

The '97 Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR has an incorrect milage value ...

You put "23354,2" when it should've been "23354.2" :)

I fixed that error, thanks.

Jmac279
Also, you don't have to enter "=N2/O2" "=N3/O3" "=N4/O4" etc. for every entry ... You can just put "=(N:N/O:embarrassed:)" and it will just take those values from that row ;)

I just use the FILL DOWN or CTRL D to complete the formulas. Either way works, and it definitely saves a lot of time.

Also Jmac, I like your value formula.

Some of the guys here had tossed around the idea of testing each car in B-Spec mode and using that data along with cost to come up with a value. But no one had given a specific formula.

If time permits, and maybe a few guys are willing to help, we could get this done for GT4.

man i cant belive i use this sooo much... new week rolls around, im studying this really hard... really cool its in excel so you can sort the cells to your likeing!!! great job man

I don't know if they use the same colours, but I do the colours of the PAL-version used cars. Maybe they're the same for the NTSC-version. If you want to use them, be my guest. :)

Are you using the Model names from the NA release or are you adding in some info (like what is in your Japanese GT4 car listing) I just am seeing some things in the car models that I haven't seen in my version.

example:
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo MR '98 ----I am only seeing the 3000GT MR (J) '98

TornadoAlley
Are you using the Model names from the NA release or are you adding in some info (like what is in your Japanese GT4 car listing) I just am seeing some things in the car models that I haven't seen in my version.

example:
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo MR '98 ----I am only seeing the 3000GT MR (J) '98

The names mostly follow the in-game model names, but sometimes include extra descriptive information that I thought was relevant to distinguishing between the different cars.

As for the 3000GT MR : I am not sure why the VR-4 Turbo part is in there? I will correct that in the next version.

Sorry to bring this to the table, but I noticed a discrepancy. It says the blue prelude type S should apear on day 29. i just started a new game save to get this car and I'm at day 29, the lots just cycled and no their is prelude type s for sale at all. let alone a blue one.

Back