Naked Bike Race Series

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 125 comments
saspo
Gonna have to pick up one of those flash drives, sharing and watching others replays would fun. I don't know anything about them, if there is certain ones that are better to use with the ps2 or what.

I use a PNY 1 gig flash card. It works fine with my PS2. It was about $80. But you don't need one that large. You can get a 128meg card and it will do just fine and cost a lot less.

Code:
            Week 1    Week 2    Week 3    Overall    Rank
Martialstax     16       20       20         56        3
TB              13       11       10         34        5
saspo           25       16       25         66        1
dbartucci       11       13       11         35        4
Trussii651      20       25       16         61        2
jeepster2982                      13         13        6

Fastest Laps
saspo - 2 (Week 1 - 01:55.133; Week 3 - 01:31.895)
Trussii651 - 1 (Week 2 - 1:17.437)

martialstax
I use a PNY 1 gig flash card. It works fine with my PS2. It was about $80. But you don't need one that large. You can get a 128meg card and it will do just fine and cost a lot less.

I use either my 64mb stick (I got it when they were brand new and 64 was a lot :)) or a 256 mb stick. You can get usb sticks pretty cheap in most places nowadays. I saw an ad for a 256mb stick for $10 after rebates yesterday.

:eek:Whoa, that was unexpected! :)

I was running 1'19's on Amalfi until I changed my rider position:sly:. I'm sure I could get it down to 1'16's or 1'15's with a little more practice.

*And Incase there's any questions at all, I can show replays. I didn't save the ones for the times I submited but I'm sure I can better both of those times.

Here's a screen shot from Amalfi anyways...

Good luck on Autum Ring everybody!👍

All right, guys. I hate to do this to you, but I'm afraid I must gracefully bow out of the NBRS. :guilty: Basically it comes down to you guys have more time to practise (the only times I get to run the tracks are Friday and Saturday nights after 9pm for about 3 hours and from 11-midnight on Sunday). With me spending 3 hours each night racing, I'm not getting anything else done (ie - housework, cleaning up after kids, etc) and I'm not getting to bed. It's turning into another Travian for me. It was fun knowing how I'm doing against real people, though. :dopey:

BTW, I was running an average of 1:18 to 1:19 on Amalfi. Once again, I fit somewhere in the middle. Not bad.

Later, boys. And good luck on the rest of the tracks. I'll leave the link in my sig. Hopefully it'll draw at least one person in to replace me.

Too bad you got to bail TB, real life interfering with the important stuff like TT.:)

Congrats to Trussii, those were some smokin times on Amalfi, nice riding!

thanks for the info on the flash drives guys, I picked one up today , just watched a replay from the 600 spring challenge, pretty cool seeing different riding styles and some hot times. Anyone who wants to share replays , I'll check em out for sure. I've overwritten my previous 8 lappers but I got 1 lap from my practice at El Capitan.

Attachments

• REPLAY.rar
    48.9 KB · Views: 9
TB
All right, guys. I hate to do this to you, but I'm afraid I must gracefully bow out of the NBRS. :guilty: Basically it comes down to you guys have more time to practise (the only times I get to run the tracks are Friday and Saturday nights after 9pm for about 3 hours and from 11-midnight on Sunday). With me spending 3 hours each night racing, I'm not getting anything else done (ie - housework, cleaning up after kids, etc) and I'm not getting to bed. It's turning into another Travian for me. It was fun knowing how I'm doing against real people, though. :dopey:

Later, boys. And good luck on the rest of the tracks. I'll leave the link in my sig. Hopefully it'll draw at least one person in to replace me.

Sorry to see you go TB, I don't have much time either, I never practice, which is why my times suck :(

I'll continue to award you points in the series.

That's a bummer, TB, but we all understand.

Congratulations to Trussii. I'm 8 seconds back again. Looks like I'm going to have to work harder.

I've gotten down to 1:33 times with some regularity at Autum Ring.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

I had a thought as I was mowing the lawn last night. I've been fitting right in the middle of the lap times so my thinking goes something lke this: I jump on the bike of the week and go to the track of the week. I run 6 laps and submit my best 5. No practice, no changing settings, nothing. Essentially just a baseline time. I was thinking it could be called The Virgin Run of the Naked Bike Race Series.

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me, if you agree with the posters above then the bike/track combos are fun anyways ;)

I don't usually practice much and the only time I ever change gearing is when the bike tops out, as for suspension, I never touch it.

Hello all Im new to the forums, And although im not in the contest i am running the same tracks and bikes to see how i stack up, ive been getting 1'33's on autumn ring with the sr400 without tuning and body position tweaking.

Yeah TB, do the virgin run, you'll still rack up some points. I saw your son's new words are vacumm and bathroom, no wonder you have no time to practice! :lol:

Welcome jeepster, if no one else objects I would say jump on in the series, with so many races left , plenty of points to grab, dbartucci may not have time to practice but he sure sets up and runs an excellent set of races. Maybe it's because I'm a noob to this, but all the updated links to results and the leaderboard just seem pretty damn cool. 👍

saspo
Welcome jeepster, if no one else objects I would say jump on in the series, with so many races left , plenty of points to grab, dbartucci may not have time to practice but he sure sets up and runs an excellent set of races. Maybe it's because I'm a noob to this, but all the updated links to results and the leaderboard just seem pretty damn cool. 👍

I have no objections. The more the merrier. In a sense, we're all noobs at this. I wouldn't even object if Jeepster submitted times for the first two races. It's not as if there are major sponsorship dollars at stake here.

well this may sound like a stupid question but how do you guys add your lap times together?

also i tried the brutale at amalfi with disastrous results so maybe ill just submit times for the latest races

You can add your times manually or use a spreadsheet to do it.

To do it manually convert all your times to 1 number type, (I'd use seconds).

For example, suppose you run 3 laps (L1 = 1'33.560; L2 = 1'34.870; L3 = 1'35.850) Converting the times to seconds gives you a total of 284.28 seconds. Now convert this time to minutes by dividing by 60.

This is 4.738 minutes. Now leave the whole number alone and convert the decimal from some fraction of a minute back into seconds. This is done by multiplying it by 60. .738 minutes = 44.28 seconds.

So your total time for these 3 laps is 4'48.280

Or in MS Excel, set the cell formatting to mm:ss.000, then enter each time. 01:36.560, etc. then sum the times.

saspo
Yeah TB, do the virgin run, you'll still rack up some points. I saw your son's new words are vacumm and bathroom, no wonder you have no time to practice! :lol:
And that's just the one that can talk! He's 26 months old. The other one is 5 months.
jeepster2982
well this may sound like a stupid question but how do you guys add your lap times together?
Give this link a hit. It's an Excel Spreadsheet I worked up. Basically, I set it up so I wouldn't have to do any more math than I already do at work. Or do it the way db says. Either way works.

And welcome to the club. :)👍

TB
Thanks for the comments, guys.

I had a thought as I was mowing the lawn last night. I've been fitting right in the middle of the lap times so my thinking goes something lke this: I jump on the bike of the week and go to the track of the week. I run 6 laps and submit my best 5. No practice, no changing settings, nothing. Essentially just a baseline time. I was thinking it could be called The Virgin Run of the Naked Bike Race Series.

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me.👍 Better than no times at all.

martialstax
I have no objections. The more the merrier. In a sense, we're all noobs at this. I wouldn't even object if Jeepster submitted times for the first two races. It's not as if there are major sponsorship dollars at stake here.

Also sounds good.👍 Welcome Jeepster!:)
BTW, thanks for asking how to total the times, I really wasn't sure either.💡

TB
Give this link a hit. It's an Excel Spreadsheet I worked up. Basically, I set it up so I wouldn't have to do any more math than I already do at work. Or do it the way db says. Either way works.

I use that spread sheet. It's a lot easier than doing it by hand.

Hmm... I can't get that Spread Sheet link to work in Firefox or IE.:confused:

Hehe, I'm liking this bike on Autum Ring:tup:

Yeah, that's enough foolin around, back to Free Run...

Trussii651
Hmm... I can't get that Spread Sheet link to work in Firefox or IE.:confused:
I checked the link on my comp and it worked fine, but 2 others at work got the file but there was nothing in it!?!?

Try this one instead. You'll need to wait about 30 seconds, close the stupid ad and then click "Click Here to Download". Hopefully it works. Let me know.

I should get to running all of the races this weekend, so I will post my times on Monday.

So are you saying that the point was not to ride the bike naked?

You built my hopes up and dashed them quite expertly sir, bravo.

Got you into the thread though, didn't it? :D

If you want naked, go to the pics of yourself thread. Fully clothed, responsible riders here. :lol:

:scared: :crazy: :yuck:

Please for the love of God don't fall off the bike when riding naked.

back when i was a firefighter we got called out to a bike accident where a woman lost the rear end and slammed into a guiderail, which was bent and had a lip on it, it blew a whole cheek of her umm, posterior off, fat all over the road, all she had was a bike permit, barely ever rode a bike and here she was on this winding road, thats not responsible

jeepster2982
it blew a whole cheek of her umm, posterior off, fat all over the road, all she had was a bike permit, barely ever rode a bike and here she was on this winding road, thats not responsible

Yeah, that was really a half-assed way to learn how to ride!

Back