Naked Bike Race Series

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 125 comments
martialstax
I think the Autumn Ring times are due tonight, but I probably won't have them until tomorrow. I hope that's not a problem.

I also will do my run in the morning, so it isn't a problem for me. :)

Nice pics there Trussii and martial, here's my 8 lapper if anyone is interested.

Turns 3 and 4 on lap 3 were awful close, I had to snap a couple photos to check where the rubber was, hard to tell in real time. Think I tossed out lap 6 and 7.

Good luck all on Apricot , always liked that track , it just flows so nicely.

Attachments

• REPLAY.rar
    55 KB · Views: 8
*g* I wouldn't worry too much about running off-track a bit, especially if you don't gain anytime by doing it. The point of the rule is to prevent people from gaining an unfair advantage by taking short-cuts, or cutting corners and I'll enforce it as so.

Once again, I'll send my time in after lunch.

No internet at home really blows, BTW.

As promised:
Lap 1 - 01:36.509
Lap 2 - 01:35.940
Lap 3 - 01:35.832
Lap 4 - 01:34.799
Lap 5 - 01:34.907

Total - 07:57.987

Go easy on me. Remember that I only ran 7 laps total to get those times. :lol:

Excellent times TB, for only seven laps!

I'm also not going to be able to get a shot at Apricot until tomorrow sometime, I should have my times by tomorrow night or Sunday morning at the latest. Hope that's ok.
So far I've only got about 2 laps total on this course.:scared:
Ah well, good luck all!

It must be something about this week. I just submitted my times, but today was the only day I practiced on it. I ran about a dozen laps before running my race.

Gah - I never posted Week 3's Results :(

Here they are

saspo - 07:41.074
martialstax - +8.805
trussii651 - +8.881
jeepster2982 - +10.651
dbartucci - +22.689

Fastest Lap goes to sapso with a blindingly fast 1:31.895, he was the only one to crack the 31's.

Congrats.

Championship standings updated too, see link in post #1

You don't have me in there, db.

Somehow I managed to clock in at 5th place and bump you down to 6th. Sorry.

See post 97 for times. Sorry I didn't PM them to you.

:( sorry TB, I thought those times were for Week #4, as they're close to times I've received for that.

I'll add them in the morning, it's a pain to add spaces to the championship standings so everything lines up correctly.

It's my fault, db. I didn't put in which track it was in my post.

Time to go do my 7 laps for week 4. :lol:

I've been practicing with the ZRX12 at Suzuka and I've gotten below 2:30, but I'm not terribly clean with it. I'm not much of a fan of Suzuka, so I don't expect my times to be very good this week.

Sent in my Suzuka times, I was running in the 2'26 'ish range. The Speed Triple on Apricot Hill was turning in 1'31's.

Looking forward to putting some miles on that Yoshi Katana, think the tires still got the nubs on 'em.

saspo
Looking forward to putting some miles on that Yoshi Katana, think the tires still got the nubs on 'em.
Mine still has the plastic on the seat. I havn't touched it since I won it. :guilty:

I finally submitted my times for Suzuka. I wasn't able to get under 2:30 at all. Suzuka isn't my favorite track, and it shows in my lousy lap times.

I may look racy in this picture, but trust me, it's all a scam. The engine's off and I'm coasting downhill.

martialstax
I finally submitted my times for Suzuka. I wasn't able to get under 2:30 at all. Suzuka isn't my favorite track, and it shows in my lousy lap times.

I may look racy in this picture, but trust me, it's all a scam. The engine's off and I'm coasting downhill.
:lol:you should turn the light off, you're gonna drain your battery.

I'm not a big fan of Suzuka either, but I switched my rider form to this... (different bike obviously)

...and shaved a good 2-3 seconds off my time. I beilieve my best was somewhere arond 2'27:4xx.
Actually, I've been using this style for almost all tracks, including Nurburgring where I shaved about 15 seconds off my time with it.
Tighter tracks I'll use an even more radical "lean bike" position. I've pretty muched abandoned the old "hang off the bike" form I used to use.

Sorry I'm so slow posting times everyone, truth be told I'm actually running late running the courses myself. I was recently promoted at work so I've been working a lot more hours and just don't feel like playing TT when I get home. I'll try to get caught up over this week.

dbartucci
Sorry I'm so slow posting times everyone, truth be told I'm actually running late running the courses myself. I was recently promoted at work so I've been working a lot more hours and just don't feel like playing TT when I get home. I'll try to get caught up over this week.

I'm not worried. Take your time.

Congratulations on the promotion.

Trussii651
Actually, I've been using this style for almost all tracks, including Nurburgring where I shaved about 15 seconds off my time with it.
Tighter tracks I'll use an even more radical "lean bike" position. I've pretty muched abandoned the old "hang off the bike" form I used to use.

I'll try it, but I honestly don't see how that will improve my lap times. It looks counter-intuitive to me.

saspo
Where's the trailer hitch?? :D

Ironically, the last motorcycle I bought, a '79 Yamaha XS11, had a trailer hitch. It went into the trash. So did the fairing, saddlebags, trunk, forks and engine. It's all rebuilt and looking better than ever. I'll be picking it up from the shop in a couple of weeks and I can't wait.

Congrats on the promotion, db! Even without the extra workload, I don't think we mind the wait. :D

I've been running the Yoshi Katana at Valencia. I think I was running around 1:52 or something like that. I wasn't paying too much attention. I just liked seeing that oversized 19 inch front wheel flopping back and forth.

I won't be submitting times for the Katana at Valencia. Just no time right now. I should be able to get the Yamaha XJR1300 @ Hong Kong on time, though.

I didn't submit times for Valencia either, just rode around the track some, was running in the 1'46 range.

My Hong Kong laps were 1'35-1'36, that XJR seemed kind of nimble for a big boy.

Good luck on Infineon next week.

Oh #%*@$, I forgot all about this!:ouch:

I notice there's been no updates for a while, is it too late for me to hand in week#6 and #7 times this weekend?:scared:
It is week#7 (Infineon) that's due today, right?

And congrats on the promotion dbartucci!👍

Trussii651
is it too late for me to hand in week#6 and #7 times this weekend?:scared:

I hope so, because that's whay I'm doing right now.

My Hong Kong times were in the 1:39 to 1:42 range. My Sears Point (you'll never get me to call it Infineon!) times are very consistent 1:50s.

Back