NASBUS -The National Association Of Stock Bus Utility Speedway (Work In Progress)

• Thread starter coxbox
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
NASBUS.png

Welcome to NASBUS the alternative to NASCAR Sim Racing. Ever thought NASCAR was to fast? or maybe you don't like 900bhp V8 engines then you are in the correct thread.

98bhp whats the point?
Anything can be raced if it has 2 or more wheels playing GT sport recently I have participated in many VW SambaBus races enjoying them to the full. This evening I joined a 30 lap race on a oval track, even though it was full of ramming idiots. Slipstreaming at 115mph in a short wheel base air cooled Van/Bus while racing was so fun which got me thinking can this be organised with some rules involving more racers.

How will it work?
For now NASBUS will consist of 1 race around BlueMoon Speedway, at 30-60 laps approximately 30m-1hr of racing. Cars will be fully tuned and appropriate liveries applied. The lobby will be set up to make sure that racing is as clean and fair as possible. Tire and fuel wear will be on so that you cant just race hard for all 30-60 laps you will need to pit, so strategy will be important.

What if there is a wreck?
If for some reason there is an accident between two or more cars call out Wreck in the in game text chat. For the next 3 laps from this message starting once the drivers have crossed the start line , the race will be under caution. Drives will form a single file line while keeping speed at 50mph/80kph,wrecked cars can catch the pack and once the 3 laps are over racing will resume at full speed. This rules is not in effect for the last 3 laps of the race.

Racing Lanes
Whats this you ask, see the lanes on the oval track they are there for a reason, use them as a reference point when cornering. When racing this evening i found that people are all over the track and guess what happened a massive wreck multiple times. PICK A LANE AND STICK TO IT MOVE LANES WHEN CLEAR TO DO SO.

Bump Drafting
This is a great way of increasing the speed of your cars, you can bump draft but please be careful and do it only on straits.

Liveries

There are four rules to liveries:

1. Must have a large number on roof and sides of car.
2. Must have NASBUS Logo on Front and Rear Plates.
3. Must use American Racing Steel Wheels.
4. No Generic Hippy Vans, Mystery Machines and rust buckets

some ideas can be found here http://www.letmegooglethat.com

Search for the logos here using the below terms
NASBUS
NASBUS Text

Lobby Settings
Track - Blue Moon Speedway 13:00 Fine Weather
Laps - 30-60
Start Type - Rolling Start - Fastest First
Boost- Off
Slipstream - Real
Visual Damage - on