Nascar 06: Total Team Control

Guys if you like Nascar in any way at all. If you've ever owned an EA Sports Nascar title, if youj've ever watched a Nascar race, YOU HAVE GOT TO GET THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!

OMG, They finally fixed the AI, Physics, and Damage models. You can tear up your roof, the wrecks both look and feel increadibly realistic, you and the AI can aero flip from going backwards at 180+, THE AI HAS THE SAME PHYSICS ENGINE AS THE PLAYER CAR!!!!!!, the AI IS FINALLY FAST AND COMPETITIVE, the AI can finally draft off of each other. AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AN EA SPORTS NASCAR TITLE I GOT BEAT IN A QUALIFYING RUN FARE AND SQUARE!!

The graphics are amazing, it looks like your watching a real Nascar race on TV while playing this game. AND EVERY CAR HAS A 1st PERSON IN CAR CAM!!!! Every class of racing has damage, drafting, is highly competitive and hard on Legend difficulty, and has a large majority of the real cars and tracks of the 2005 season.
AND YES MAYFIELD and POCONO are back in the game. 41 official Nascar Nextel Cup drivers and ALL 22 TRACKS. Also the "make believe" cars don't look like "make believe" cars anymore, they fit in just as naturally as the 42 Texaco/Havoline car driven by Jamie McMurray does.

Bottome line: EA finally got Nascar right, YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS GAME

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/nascar2006/index.html

I was considering not even looking at this game after how disappointing the last two were but if this is true I'll definately have to rent it.

Im only a fan of playing Nascar games, not actually watching nascar, but at the moment the only good nascar games in europe are for PC (Nascar 4, Nascar racing 2003/4, Nascar thunder 2004) which is crap for me.....So il take a rough guess at there not being a European release for this one.

Rsmithdrift, whats the Team control like? i read about you being able to change to drive as your team and swap cars while racing? does it work?

just one question, about this team control thing, i saw a vid with dale earnhardt jr. playing this and he was using a headset to give out the commands instead fo the controller. now, i'm unsure whether this works or not, because i don't ant to make a complete fool of myself and by a headset just to find that it doesn't work. if anyone has a headset, can you test this out and see if it works? thanks!

Yes the team control part has several options (8 total, 4 active at any given time), all of which can be activated via voice command. And they work flawlessly, IMO it's the best add-on to the NASCAR series since Thunder '02 when they included the 43 car field. I disslike the "swap cars" feature because it's kind of unrealistic to swap drivers at 190mph in the middle of a race, But it is a fun way to notch up the difficulty even further. All the rest are very realistic and perfect recreations of the team work that goes on out on the race track. "work with me", "follow me", and "pit with me" are the ones I use the most. And furthurmore your teammate will decide if he wants to do it or not. And if your using the wheel, they are layed out perfectly so that they are easy to reach, intuitive, and funtional. Also you can change what 4 (out of 8 total) commands you want active for each race.

Edit: if you rent the game, or your buddy has it, or you buy it, there is a set of video instructions in the Options menu that explain how it all works and demonstrates the voice command. (I want a headset now)

little questions for you rsmithdrift
1:How's the frame rate in the game?
2:How are the Graphics, are they better?
3:Any cool things you've experienced so far, like 27 car-pileups and photo finishes?

JFM92_GTRacer
little questions for you rsmithdrift
1:How's the frame rate in the game?
2:How are the Graphics, are they better?
3:Any cool things you've experienced so far, like 27 car-pileups and photo finishes?

1. 30-60 fps. I never seen it below 30, but it is rarely at 60 while in the in-car cam. 30 is fine for me, I play Nascar Racing 2003 Season usually at 16 fps, so it's fast to me, but sense of speed suffers because of it. It's about the same as it is in Nascar 2005.

2. Graphics- Compared to Nascar '05 the tracks are way better, to me they look photorealistic. AT EVERY TRACK there is nothing that looks fake, the in-car cam is back, the cars look the same as they did in '05, and the drawing distance is better.
If you haven't played last years game, then I'll just say, yes, they're good.

3. How's a 32 car pile up sound?? Yeah, that was fun. The coolest part was the fact that I DIDN'T START IT!!! I saw it happen and I couldn't avoid it. Like I said, the AI physics are way better. Also you can aero flip if you spin out at over 180mph. :crazy: One other cool thing was when I got 5 wide at Talledaga earlier in that same race and my spotter actually said "Hold your line, 5 wide" :drool: I couldn't believe he actually said it. I restarted the race about 10 times before getting a top 5 finish and the best I could do was to finish 3rd, 0.387 seconds back, 10th place was only 1.119 seconds behind.

I have never played a Nascar game on a console. In fact the last Nascar game I played was Nascar Racing 2 on the PC!!

Is this the best Nascar game on a Console then? And my main question is what are the physics like? Ehen a game is based on a real series I like it to be realistic not arcade, so whats it like? And does it support the DFP?

FooAtari
I have never played a Nascar game on a console. In fact the last Nascar game I played was Nascar Racing 2 on the PC!!

Is this the best Nascar game on a Console then? And my main question is what are the physics like? Ehen a game is based on a real series I like it to be realistic not arcade, so whats it like? And does it support the DFP?

Nascar Racing 2 :lol: I still have that! I remember it well, I spent over 100 hours on it since 1996.

If you want a true Nascar Simulator, Then GO FIND NASCAR Racing 2003 Season for the PC. But the physics are fun and quite realistic even though you have too much grip IMO. But that's ok because it means you can focus on the race instead of the track. Don't get me wrong, you can easily spin out and there is "aero push" and "aero loose" in the game. The racing is quite realistic however. It's no where near the sim quality that NR2003 Season has however.

Oh, and yes it supports the DFP in 200 mode.

And yes the roof cam still exists but it is more of a hood cam now. But why would you use that if the in-car cam is available??

hey guys i was looking on the NASCAR website in the shop bit and i saw in dale jarrett's bit, his car in a "herbie" colour scheme in die-cast. i was wondering, is this car in the game as a bonus car?

No, I don't think you can unlock that car as a bonus car. In my opinion this game is not that much better than 2005. The only thing that was noticably different was the fact that you could control your teammates car. That is fun for about 2 or 3 races, and then you get tired of doing that. Also there are times that you will switch to control yourteammas car, and the game will make your car go spinning out of control, or just wreck your car completely so that you can't even finish the race. I really didn't see that big of a difference in the graphics between 2005, and 2006, 2006 is a little bit better, but not worth spending 50 bucks on if you already own 2005. You even have the same agent in the two games, and he says the exact same things when he calls you. Also there is only one EA track in the game. They got rid of all of the actual music this year. If you ask me, you should only buy 2006 if you don't already own 2005, unless you are a die-hard nascar fan, and you don't think you can live without it.

I for one am so happen that NASCAR on ps2 is finally coming to the UK. I've played the Thunder games on a mates chipped ps2 and they were awesome. I also watch nascar and am an avid fan of Jeff Gordan and the 24 Dupont Chevy. :D

This game has a few glitch's that are a real big pain in the
rump :grumpy:
The glitch I've got prevents me from racing in the
Busch series,it just locks up at the same point over
and over !
How in the 🤬 could EA overlook this? :irked:
It's my third season and I had just got an offer to
drive for Hendrick and i go to Daytona just to have it
lock up at start/finish over and over :mad:
I had just won the Busch series with the 133 car,
and some people have thought that this car has something to
do with the lock up's so I sure hope some one can find a way to stop
it and or get rid of it!

I miss games like Dirt to Daytona :(

PS: I've won a championship in every thing but the
Nextel cup and I have not goten an offer for
Nextel yet,so what in the crap is up? :irked:

DJT
and over !
it and or get rid of it!

I don't seem to have that problem. No lock ups in my game.
But in real life you don't automatically get a ride in Nextel just for winning the NBS championchip once. Usually takes 3-4 years before a good Busch driver gets a ride in Nextel. I haven't played through championchip mode yet (just pissing around in quick race and challenge modes) but that's how it works in real life.

But ya see I was not going on real life.
I 've played all of EA's Nascar titles and I gess I was
just planning on geting a ride after a championship as I did in the others.
I raced my butt off and won 20 races and thought I
would get a ride in a lower class car at least.

DJT
and over !
it and or get rid of it!

I also had this glitch, I forgot about that being another reason why I was not really impressed with the game, and it also just takes forever to load when you are going into the Team Managment sections. Like I said before I would just stick with 2005 if you already have it, and don't waste your money on 2006, you will just be dissappointed.

Not at all. :cheers:
I think that’s one I haven’t played.
‘03 & ‘08 were the one’s I played back then, wish I still had em.

Welcome to :gtpflag:

I appreciate the welcome. And I play 08 as well. I have just about every single nascar game from the xbox and ps2 era. Except for thunder 04 and dirt to daytona. Im still looking for those

Back