Nascar 21 to be called NASCAR NXT

England
England
I know some people are not keen on Nascar but for the people who are. I have come across Motorsport games 2020 financial report and in this it shows what games they have coming out which includes BTCC and Le Man's.
As they have now taken over studio 397 and rFactor which have also been working on the next Nascar game for the last two years. Nascar NXT will be running off rFactor technology and will be released Q3. 2021 I think a July release to coincide with the release of heat 5 last year.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1821175/000149315220023938/forms-1.htm
In this link scroll down and you will see the PS5 front cover.

Last edited:
For those who might have a hard time finding it, its the last one on the bottom:

upload_2021-3-28_23-48-11.png

The name "NASCAR NXT" has me thinking its likely a play off this:

may15-nascar-next-logo-main-image-625x340.jpg

The text certainly looks alot like this. Worth noting to the OP though that it also says "Name TBC" under it, which suggests this is only a working title (something not unfamiliar in the Video Game industry) and not the final title. At best it seems we now have a name for the next Nascar game as opposed to just "The next Nascar game" (even though that's literally what its basically reffering to).

Last edited:
It's also worth noting that Studio 397 have not been working on the upcoming NASCAR title for two years (as per the OP), but rather less than a year.

"On May 19, 2020, we entered into a software development and license agreement with Studio397 B.V. (“Studio397”), a company that specializes in realistic, accurate and engaging simulation racing experiences, which uses and makes available their rFactor Technology platform as a basis for bespoke game development. The rFactor Technology is used, for example, in providing car handling physics and performance. Pursuant to the agreement, Studio397 will develop certain software and software elements exclusively for us for the purpose of integrating and incorporating the rFactor Technology platform into our next generation NASCAR console game (“NASCAR NXT”), which we currently anticipate releasing in 2021, as well as any sequels. Additionally, Studio397 has granted us a non-exclusive, non-transferable, sublicensable worldwide license to install, reproduce, display, use and operate the rFactor Technology for the purposes of developing, modifying, testing, and evaluating NASCAR NXT. The arrangement requires us to pay a one-time license fee in two installments, the first of which was due upon signing the agreement and the second installment of which is due 60 days after NASCAR NXT is made available on the Steam platform, and an additional license fee for each additional platform for which NASCAR NXT will be developed on. We are also required to pay a monthly development fee subject to the satisfaction of certain development milestones. The agreement is effective for an indefinite term starting from May 19, 2020, subject to certain termination and rescission rights of the Company and termination rights of either party in the case of insolvency, bankruptcy or similar events."

May 2020 would make it ten month since they entered an agreement with Studio 397 and the absolute longest they could have been working on it, the wording also indicates that what we end up with may be based on the RFactor engine, rather than using it 'as is'. One word of caution for that would be that the 'Grand Tour' game was based on the ISI platform (which was the basis for the RFactor platform) and was hot garbage.

This is a quote from a interview from head of rfactor with traxion

"Well, just to say that we’ve been working already with Motorsport Games, for the last couple of years on the NASCAR title and doing a lot of these esports events together. So it might seem as a little bit of a surprise move to some, but it’s something that we’ve been working on for quite a while, and we feel very comfortable with this merger. We’re very much looking forward to a bright future together."

so it is clear they have been working with Motorsports Games for last two years on Nascar game coming out .

as far as game engines , they will be using unreal engine and one called msg engine.

We dont know at this point if the msg engine is based on isi . they havn't said yet that i know of .

https://traxion.gg/watch-exclusive-studio-397-rfactor-2-and-motorsport-games-interview/

Last edited:
This is a quote from a interview from head of rfactor with traxion

"Well, just to say that we’ve been working already with Motorsport Games, for the last couple of years on the NASCAR title and doing a lot of these esports events together. So it might seem as a little bit of a surprise move to some, but it’s something that we’ve been working on for quite a while, and we feel very comfortable with this merger. We’re very much looking forward to a bright future together."

so it is clear they have been working with Motorsports Games for last two years on Nascar game coming out .

as far as game engines , they will be using unreal engine and one called msg engine.

We dont know at this point if the msg engine is based on isi . they havn't said yet that i know of .

https://traxion.gg/watch-exclusive-studio-397-rfactor-2-and-motorsport-games-interview/
I knew they had been working with them around esports events, but not on the development, thanks.

Last edited:
I knew they had been working with them around esports events, but not on the development, thanks.
Yes no worries. this might be the game i have been waiting for since nr2003 came out .

Having tried rfactor2 on the ovals , if they can tweak it so a controller can be used then i think they will have a created a product that Nascar fans can enjoy for once on a console as more of a simulation than a arcade racer.

i only have a dfgt wheel and rfactor 2 makes it scream haha

I have been playing the rfactor 2 with a controller and the Nascar game fans really have no idea of the treat they are in for .

The cars drive great and even with a gamepad the car models have weight to them , its uncanny really .

Just for fun i tried the Abarths on Brands Hatch , well what a blast .

I am actualy more excited to see the Nascar game fans reaction than the game itself . most of them will be like kids at christmas getting the best present they could think of .

I still love Wreckfest but damn rfactor2 is fun also .

I have been playing the rfactor 2 with a controller and the Nascar game fans really have no idea of the treat they are in for .

The cars drive great and even with a gamepad the car models have weight to them , its uncanny really .

Just for fun i tried the Abarths on Brands Hatch , well what a blast .

I am actualy more excited to see the Nascar game fans reaction than the game itself . most of them will be like kids at christmas getting the best present they could think of .

I still love Wreckfest but damn rfactor2 is fun also .

It needs to play well on a pad. For console users this is a basic thing. Hopefully it's as good as you say and not simply just "playable" like AC and ACC.

It needs to play well on a pad. For console users this is a basic thing. Hopefully it's as good as you say and not simply just "playable" like AC and ACC.
No it does not need to be playable on a pad. Why do you think IRacing is now $20 for a year. Sorry, majority of pad players now on IRacing are kids smashing things up like GTS.

Ugh I got a notification from this thread thinking the new game was announced. I wished they'd hurry up and announce the game already, my PS5 needs a legit racer.

No it does not need to be playable on a pad. Why do you think IRacing is now $20 for a year. Sorry, majority of pad players now on IRacing are kids smashing things up like GTS.

:banghead:

Yes. It needs to be playable on a pad, given that is how a majority of gamers will play it. What the crashy people (not always kids and not always pad users) do on GTS or iRacing has little to no bearing over whether the licensed yearly NASCAR game should be playable on a pad or not. I really hate this take, and there are many others like you, who seem intent on ruining racing games and sims for the casual/space limited or less able player.

FYI iRacing is a tad more than $20 a year. It's currently $66 on offer. And that of course is before you start buying the content needed.

As someone who's watched multiple stream clips where someone who clearly wasn't kid causes trouble on track AND had multiple run ins with Adults (Basically people who are beyond old enough to know better but apparently refuse not to), that is THE most Broadsweeping generalization I've seen in a while.

Yes. It needs to be playable on a pad, given that is how a majority of gamers will play it. What the crashy people (not always kids and not always pad users) do on GTS or iRacing has little to no bearing over whether the licensed yearly NASCAR game should be playable on a pad or not. I really hate this take, and there are many others like you, who seem intent on ruining racing games and sims for the casual/space limited or less able player.

FYI iRacing is a tad more than $20 a year. It's currently $66 on offer. And that of course is before you start buying the content needed.
I don't know what your looking at. Sorry $21

You have no clue what your talking about. Iracing is not for the casual driver. If anybody does the crap they do in GTS,PCars,etc,their banned. Plain and simple.Good luck racing on a controller in IRacing.Uhm sorry IRacing is on sale for $20:22 for a year,new subscribers.
https://members.iracing.com/membersite/registration/register.jsp
Enter code PR-2022Nextgen

Last edited:
I don't know what your looking at. Sorry $21

You have no clue what your talking about. Iracing is not for the casual driver. If anybody does the crap they do in GTS,PCars,etc,their banned. Plain and simple.Good luck racing on a controller in IRacing.Uhm sorry IRacing is on sale for $20:22 for a year,new subscribers.

I have a very good clue of what I'm talking about. Having been a long term member of iracing with over 700 race starts to my name and Class A licensing for road and oval. I'm aware of how it works and have participated both on wheel and controller and know many other racers who race on controller safely without ramming people. As others have said above, immature adults will ram regardless of their controller method.

Besides, iRacing is its own kind of beast and doesn't really correlate to the games I mentioned and it was you who bought iRacing up anyway.

Current iracing sub page for new members:
Screenshot_20210511-114034_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I wish they'd hurry up and announce the game. Nascar have just had the next gen car's reveal and they used iracing to do a next gen race. I'd feel like that's a kick in the teeth since Motorsport games have the licencing and been working on the game for the last two-three years, you'd have thought they would announce something.
If it comes out say latest September that's only five months before the new season with next gen car's, Are they going to release a whole new game or dlc it. Five months into its life cycle it's going to be out of date.

I have a very good clue of what I'm talking about. Having been a long term member of iracing with over 700 race starts to my name and Class A licensing for road and oval. I'm aware of how it works and have participated both on wheel and controller and know many other racers who race on controller safely without ramming people. As others have said above, immature adults will ram regardless of their controller method.

Besides, iRacing is its own kind of beast and doesn't really correlate to the games I mentioned and it was you who bought iRacing up anyway.

Current iracing sub page for new members:
View attachment 1010263
Did you punch in the code I provided? It's $20:22 for new members.

Still have absolutely no clue what this has to do with the game seemingly "doesn't need to be playable on pad." Especially considering the whole talk was about console games. It's like you're not even reading anything you're responding to.

Last edited:
Back