Nascar 21 to be called NASCAR NXT

Still have absolutely no clue what this has to do with the game seemingly "doesn't need to be playable on pad." Especially considering the whole talk was about console games. It's like you're not even reading anything you're responding to.
Are you assuming it won't be on PC first? It will have the RFactor engine. It's already announced. Porting PC games to console has been a mess for pad players on racing Sims for years.

Are you assuming it won't be on PC first? It will have the RFactor engine. It's already announced. Porting PC games to console has been a mess for pad players on racing Sims for years.
I guess that confirms you not really reading what you're responding to.

Did you punch in the code I provided? It's $20:22 for new members.

Does every new iracing user have that code? No.

Again, totally irrelevant to the conversation pertaining to whether this game should play well with a pad for the majority of gamers who will play that way. 💡

No idea, all I know is that RFactor 2 just released an unlicensed version of the car used in the series (and as such is a reasonable sneak peak at what the next NASCAR title 'could' be like) and its bloody great.

Did you give NASCAR Heat 5 a try Scaff?

I've got it and spent bugger all time with it yet, will have to as it will be interesting to see how it stacks up with SRX.

It was my first NASCAR game and a real positive surprise for me. The pack racing is very well done. Looking forward to a vidéo on your side Scaff ;)

I did see you had some fun with SRX!

I've got it and spent bugger all time with it yet, will have to as it will be interesting to see how it stacks up with SRX.

Be interested to hear your thoughts on it. Haven't caught your SRX one yet.

NascarNXT.JPG

https://ir.motorsportgames.com/static-files/9c784916-e370-47eb-8665-9ef902e0a972

Interesting to read "Playstation, Xbox and PC". Sounds like they are going cross-gen with this game as well.

I'm interested in trying this game simply because it will be a good indication of what we can expect from the BTCC and Le Mans titles (plus I skipped Heat 5). Hopefully we can also take the Cup cars on more dirt tracks than just Bristol (assuming they will still have the lower series' featured in the Heat titles).

Last edited:
I really do hope they keep the other series, I know people are all about the Cup Series but there's so much more to do when its not just the same "Start a Cup and work your way up the field" that was in so many Nascar games before Heat 3.

I really do hope they keep the other series, I know people are all about the Cup Series but there's so much more to do when its not just the same "Start a Cup and work your way up the field" that was in so many Nascar games before Heat 3.
I see no reason why it wouldn't keep the other series. If its building on what Heat did then I can only see them expanding the offering.

I'm tired of waiting for them to show us their new damn game, I just emailed them a complaint.

Last edited:
I'm happy to finally get some info, but the fact they decided to lead off with the livery editor kind of makes me think we will be seeing a stripped down game with just the Cup series and a simple career mode that's little more than multiple seasons. Even the completely new engine and physics kind of worries me considering Studio 397 has only been under their umbrella for a few months.

I probably will go for the platinum trophy and just make the game an online only deal after doing so. Can't wait for all of september's releases.

It will probably take 3 years to finish after release and have things tacked onto it even in 2031 knowing S397.

Last edited:
They released a new 22 second long teaser today.

At the pace they're going the game will be very outdated 2 weeks after the release considering the new car and all the driver/team changes happening. Really at this point they might as well put Keselowski on the cover with his Penske suit to really trigger those NASCAR 07 vibes.

Last edited:
They released a new 22 second long teaser today.

At the pace they're going the game will be very outdated 2 weeks after the release considering the new car and all the driver/team changes happening. Really at this point they might as well put Keselowski on the cover with his Penske suit to really trigger those NASCAR 07 vibes.

I should imagine, like the F1 games, it'll be as up to date as possible at launch nd then supported afterwards.

Back