Nascar 21 to be called NASCAR NXT

I should imagine, like the F1 games, it'll be as up to date as possible at launch nd then supported afterwards.
I certainly hope you're correct, but at this point I'm not expecting anything great from this game or this company in general.
@Scaff any thoughts on the latest SRX update? They added a really nice car !
SRX thread is thataway.

The release date has to be revealed within the next two weeks, I can't imagine them waiting any longer for a game that is projected to come out Q3 2021.

What bizarre marketing.

Last edited:
The game isn't probably even ready yet. S397 has a very shaky history of meeting deadlines and releasing finished products.

RDT_20210804_1011574274628918362327791.jpg

The new NASCAR game will be playable this weekend at Watkins Glen !

Last edited:
Lit

Edit: That article said it would be playable at a later race during the season smh. Poop emoji for you

Last edited:
That's not what it said on the NASCAR website yesterday!
It just says "select dates" on their site. Doesn't necessarily mean we'll see something this weekend. Which is a shame I was hoping to pick up WRC, Hot Wheels AND NASCAR 21 next month but it looks like that may not happen.

Motorsport games released two new screenshots of Indy's road course on their twitter, but they're really nothing to write home about. I wonder if the game will even drop next month now.

Last edited:
No native next gen versions day one is unacceptable. All this anticipation for nothing.

Edit: They also said there was supposed to be a Switch release. What the heck happened to that?

Last edited:
Gonna be honest, trailer isn't exactly selling me on the game. I'm not looking for Hollywood production value here, but this isn't screaming "Must buy " to me just yet.

Also not liking that its back to just Cup, its the biggest thing I found really boring about Previous Nascar games prior to Nascar Heat 3 as I feel there is no variety or sense of progression when you start off in the Cup series. Feel like its something you should aim to get to, not just begin your career in.

BTW to the OP, Its official: Its NOT "Nascar NXT" so you can change the thread title now.

Last edited:
Nothing in the trailer or Traxion's more in-depth preview really do anything to lessen my pessimistic outlook of the series and Motorsport Games as a whole. Hopefully this changes in the coming weeks as this is one case where I would very much like to have egg on my face.

Last edited:
Gonna be honest, trailer isn't exactly selling me on the game. I'm not looking for Hollywood production value here, but this isn't screaming "Must buy " to me just yet.

Also not liking that its back to just Cup, its the biggest thing I found really boring about Previous Nascar games prior to Nascar Heat 2 as I feel there is no variety or sense of progression when you start off in the Cup series. Feel like its something you should aim to get to, not just begin your career in.

BTW to the OP, Its official: Its NOT "Nascar NXT" so you can change the thread title now.
But UnReAL eNgiNe bro

But UnReAL eNgiNe bro
So it'll have a lot of annoying post-processing effects that make every light source look like they're shrouded in New England fog and the cars will act extremely wonky if they ever go airborne, if my previous experience with UE4-powered racing games is any indicator.

I saw this on twitter in regards to the game, I think it would be a mistake to not include private lobbies
E8jRbQDXEAIxgIM.jpeg

So it'll have a lot of annoying post-processing effects that make every light source look like they're shrouded in New England fog and the cars will act extremely wonky if they ever go airborne, if my previous experience with UE4-powered racing games is any indicator.
Fortunately Unreal is being used predominantly as a graphics engine. The car physics are using the rFactor 2 engine.

I really REALLY hope the developers shoot for an uncapped Framerate while we wait for the next gen patch. Just give me 60 frames!!!

The description in the storefronts gives a little more detail as to what's included in the Championship Edition and Season Pass.

The Champions Edition will give you access to the forthcoming Season Pass which includes 3 monthly content drops, each containing over 55 alternative paint schemes, one alternative driver and a legendary driver.

About what you'd expect, hopefully in later games we get more than just skins in the DLC packs, something like classic cars would be more than welcome (with some free classic and fantasy tracks that everyone can use as well). The alternative driver bit is interesting as well, my best guess is inserting a driver from one of the lower series' into a Cup car like we've seen in the past.

The Champions Edition offers a career booster pack so you'll be able to sign up to a full season contract with any team of your choice, allowing you to jump right into the action with a championship caliber team. Save yourself some time by not having to sign for a underfunded team on a part-time schedule.

This part irks me as it basically seems like your standard season mode is locked behind the collectors edition.

The description in the storefronts gives a little more detail as to what's included in the Championship Edition and Season Pass.

About what you'd expect, hopefully in later games we get more than just skins in the DLC packs, something like classic cars would be more than welcome (with some free classic and fantasy tracks that everyone can use as well). The alternative driver bit is interesting as well, my best guess is inserting a driver from one of the lower series' into a Cup car like we've seen in the past.

This part irks me as it basically seems like your standard season mode is locked behind the collectors edition.
Not sure, sounds just like what it says it is, just giving you the option to start career mode at the top. Like most racing games there'll be a regular championship mode separately to this.

Like most racing games there'll be a regular championship mode separately to this.
They've already confirmed there won't be, your options are Career, Single Race or Online.

Either dive straight into the action with Race Now, playing as your favorite official driver from the NASCAR Cup Series, or take on the immersive and engaging career mode as you build your reputation in the sport and battle your way toward the championship.

They've already confirmed there won't be, your options are Career, Single Race or Online.
As I understand it from the previews I've read it will work like F1 2021 were you can choose to race the whole season in the race now mode.

Does this mean classic cars and/or races are going to be added? Given that the only driver included at the start is Bill Elliott, I don't know how driving classic cars in a full field would work, but maybe single car challenges will be added such as beating the lap record at Talladega held by Elliot in 1988 or an old vs new gen car event featuring Bill vs Chase.
20210813_024955.jpg

Last edited:
Does this mean classic cars and/or races are going to be added? Given that the only driver included at the start is Bill Elliott, I don't know how driving classic cars in a full field would work, but maybe single car challenges will be added such as beating the lap record at Talladega held by Elliot in 1988 or an old vs new gen car event featuring Bill vs Chase. View attachment 1074053
It's just the classic liveries on the (for now) current car.

NASCAR-21-Ignition-CE-1.jpg

Back