Nascar 21 to be called NASCAR NXT

In response to someone on Twitter asking for gameplay footage the community manager hinted we will get something this week. Hopefully they will also go more indepth about the game modes.

Last edited:
This game is going to be WAYY better than Forza Horizon, can't wait.
I mean, its quite a bit different to Horizon but whatever floats your boat. In terms of being a NASCAR game, you're absolutely right.

Everything else? Not so much.

The visuals look a bit better here, though the sound appears to be ripped straight off of the early 2000's HEAT games. Here's hoping they shoot for 60FPS on last gen versions.

Edit: If you pause at 1:20 they're incorporating wind speed and direction, that's a nice detail to see.

Last edited:
Really not liking what I'm seeing in that video, the #36 should have been finished but it barely moved. I know it's not the final product, but it's very reminiscent of the typical oval AI on ISI powered games (assists wouldn't effect AI vehicles). The weaving also seems odd, sure the cars aren't perfectly still in real life but if you were to weave like they are in the clip you would be hung out to dry.

I really am getting worried that this crow on my plate is going to go to waste.

Really not liking what I'm seeing in that video, the #36 should have been finished but it barely moved. I know it's not the final product, but it's very reminiscent of the typical oval AI on ISI powered games (assists wouldn't effect AI vehicles). The weaving also seems odd, sure the cars aren't perfectly still in real life but if you were to weave like they are in the clip you would be hung out to dry.

I really am getting worried that this crow on my plate is going to go to waste.
You're not the only one noticing the AI, also seems to be evenly spaced and on rails on road courses as well. I think the general hope is that even if the AI is terrible, the physics and driving are good and at least it ends up being really good for multiplayer.

This is what concerns me about Motorsport games, though. They might have the ability and will to get the vehicle dynamics down to as good as we can get with current consumer technology, including environmental effects like wind, but do they really understand (hopefully you get what I'm trying to say there) the many nuances of various motorsports? There are instances of devs getting bogged down with some minutia or another and seeming to completely miss the main point, if you know what I'm saying. So this one's a wait and see and I have worries about the other upcoming game that I'm really interested in (Indy).

Last edited:
I think the general hope is that even if the AI is terrible, the physics and driving are good and at least it ends up being really good for multiplayer.
My biggest worry in that regard is that the issues with the AI will transfer to online. The part in the below video where he's talking about NASCAR 09 (which runs on ISI) online looks eerily similar to the above NASCAR 21 clip.

*Language warning

Last edited:
So it looks like you still can't pre-order this game in stores yet and the PS4 Version is still unavailable for pre-order as well. It's bad enough that we have to wait for next gen versions too.

Yikes....

Last edited:
Motorsports Games: We want to make the most realistic game possible.

Also Motorsports Games: Custom setups in a sim racer? Nah...

It's become way to easy to be very pessimistic about upcoming games. Sadly, devs seem to keep proving the naysayers right. And I have to say, I'm a bit tired of paying top dollar for product that's bugged, incomplete, just plain broken or even just nowhere near as advertised. Sick of paying $100 to beta test garbage in the hopes it gets improved. How 'bout we just wait until they fix it and buy it on discount later instead?

It's become way to easy to be very pessimistic about upcoming games. Sadly, devs seem to keep proving the naysayers right. And I have to say, I'm a bit tired of paying top dollar for product that's bugged, incomplete, just plain broken or even just nowhere near as advertised. Sick of paying $100 to beta test garbage in the hopes it gets improved. How 'bout we just wait until they fix it and buy it on discount later instead?
WRC10 = PAIN

Back