NASCAR Heat 3 is Getting Dirty, Launching September 7

I'd definitely like to see the new Xtreme Dirt Tour have late models or cars like in Dirt to Daytona.

Interested in this game. Was Nascar heat 2 any good? Arcade, simcade? Handling physics comparable to?

Heat 2 was pretty good, a massive improvement over Heat Evolution. Better career mode and 5 new tracks for Xfinity Series and Trucks.
Handling is simcade, as the games are targeted for casual players. Probably most comparable to the old NASCAR EA games.

Also launching on September 7

rsz_1rsz_11spider-man_ps4_selfie_photo_mode_trans_nvbqzqnjv4bqyshgfguvclj2fwdmkwdizsmjolc7yx2l7ez_q-x9jnw.png

Too many games on September jesus christ

I'd definitely like to see the new Xtreme Dirt Tour have late models or cars like in Dirt to Daytona.

They’re dirt late models, there’s a trailer on YouTube.

Didn’t bother with Heat 2 since the first one was garbage. When they can improve it beyond feeling like a PS2 game and looking like a PS3 game I’ll be interested. I’d forgive the graphics if it was fun to play. How long’s it been since there’s been a decent NASCAR video game now...15 years? Other than iRacing of course

It looks like one of the dirt tracks could be a road course.

dirtroadcourse.PNG

I so want this game to be great at it seems they've finally gone all the way and made a spiritual successor to Dirt to Daytona (still my favorite NASCAR game), but after what I've seen from the last two I'll take a wait and see approach. There's far to many games releasing in this time span anyways so either way it will likely have to wait.

I like NASCAR in Forza should I pick this up, even wait for a sale as I need to save hard end of August once I buy a pro and a X for new tv ;)

It seems like the career mode is actually gonna be deep this year. I haven't seen effort put into a career mode since NASCAR total team control 2006. Team ownership is huge and its been one of the main things i been wanting back in a NASCAR game. The big question is how deep did they go with it. I see that you can hire employees and can buy parts and stuff (finally). I wonder if you can hire a driver and can you upgrade to a better race shop? Its a lot of questions about that feature alone. Then there's the rest of the game. I don't know if you guys read it but operation sports got a hands on preview article up. Here's the link to that:https://www.operationsports.com/nascar-heat-3-preview/amp/

Some things y'all probably don't know that I found from twitter (one of the devs answering questions) and a few other hands on preview articles:

•You can name your driver in career mode

•You can only own 1 car instead owning multiple cars

•New camera angles, pre race and post race presentation, and 360° camera rotation is in the game.

•A racing guide line to help new players.

•You can own a team in any series.

•The new phoenix layout will be in the game.

•There's a lot a more options and features for online but they haven't talked about it just yet.

That's all we know for now. Everything else is still a question mark. The career mode looks promising but I need everything to click so the game can be enjoyable. Smart AI pit strategy, challenging AI, better driving physics (both of these things are talked about in the operation sports article but take it with a grain of salt) working cautions and etc. Career mode is looking good though and these guys seem like they finally showing some promise.

I skipped the first two games but this one is peaking my interest. But it will all depend on how good it is with a wheel.

Speaking of which, how good is Heat 2 on a wheel?

I skipped the first two games but this one is peaking my interest. But it will all depend on how good it is with a wheel.

Speaking of which, how good is Heat 2 on a wheel?
Follow up question as well, does the Heat 2 work with the Thrustmaster T8HA shifter?

Follow up question as well, does the Heat 2 work with the Thrustmaster T8HA shifter?

Yes. I just switch to thrustmaster (t300 rs gt edition) and got the T8HA shifter along with it and it does work.

Some little bits of info I found. Looks like the confront or apologize feature is back. Something similar to NASCAR 05

And another pic of the dirt racing and the new tachometer. I don't know what's taking them so long to release information. A 40 second trailer is not gonna make people go out and preorder. A lot of people are still skeptical about the game.
Screenshot_2018-07-23-20-03-50.png

There's no doubt that it will be better than the first two games. To me, the issue is how many of the quality of life improvements we've been asking for 3 years are actually in the game. That will determine if I pay the full 50 dollars or if i wait for it to go on sale

P.S. Don't bother with the 704games (the developer) fanboy subreddit if you voice your concerns or ask questions about the game. You will simply be downvoted to an oblivion, and in my case, threatened and harassed for not worshiping the almighty gods at 704games

There's no doubt that it will be better than the first two games. To me, the issue is how many of the quality of life improvements we've been asking for 3 years are actually in the game. That will determine if I pay the full 50 dollars or if i wait for it to go on sale

P.S. Don't bother with the 704games (the developer) fanboy subreddit if you voice your concerns or ask questions about the game. You will simply be downvoted to an oblivion, and in my case, threatened and harassed for not worshiping the almighty gods at 704games

Man I strongly agree with you. Those guys don't understand the difference between straight up being negative and constructive cristisim. If it wasn't for constructive cristisim these games wouldn't even get better. I saw your post about the 704 marketing needs to change and those guys just made so many excuses for them. It's ridiculous.

Man I strongly agree with you. Those guys don't understand the difference between straight up being negative and constructive cristisim. If it wasn't for constructive cristisim these games wouldn't even get better. I saw your post about the 704 marketing needs to change and those guys just made so many excuses for them. It's ridiculous.

After I made that post, I actually got threatening private messages from a couple people and some dude was stalking my youtube channel where I archive all my gameplay footage. telling me to "shut the *** up" and to "just go die" on all my videos lol. It's actually becoming like a cult over there.

After I made that post, I actually got threatening private messages from a couple people and some dude was stalking my youtube channel where I archive all my gameplay footage. telling me to "shut the *** up" and to "just go die" on all my videos lol. It's actually becoming like a cult over there.

Just a bunch of children on there mainly. They probably think these NASCAR games being made now are the best lol. When I make threads on there im talking to the people that understands constructive cristisim. Anyway you saw that post to where someone (dude name is Parker NH2) had a chance to go over to 704 headquarters or whatever and play heat 3? Who is that guy anyway? He's not even known but yet he had the opportunity to go over there and play the game.

Anyway you saw that post to where someone (dude name is Parker NH2) had a chance to go over to 704 headquarters or whatever and play heat 3? Who is that guy anyway? He's not even known but yet he had the opportunity to go over there and play the game.

it's probably just some media guy that 704games paid to promote their game. It's too bad they are not inviting the well known nascar youtubers to play the game early like they did last year.

it's probably just some media guy that 704games paid to promote their game. It's too bad they are not inviting the well known nascar youtubers to play the game early like they did last year.

Its irritating because he bragged about going there and stuff but can't share at least small details about the game. Anyway at this point i just wanna see gameplay. Enough with the pictures put the damn gameplay out there and give us more information. A picture doesn't tell a whole lot... at least the pictures that their posting. I would love to see a 25% race at most with pit stops so we can see if they fixed the AI pit strategy. But whenever they do give us gameplay its most likely gonna be a 3% race.

The ownership part of the career mode looks fantastic but I kinda hate that nothing else was added outside of that. They added a few minor things like being able to apologize and insult a driver, being able to be ally's with people, the whole stories thing which im still waiting to see, and maybe a few other minor things. But it's gonna be the same amount of stats we had last year, no trophy room, your fans don't play a role in your career or anything (i don't think), and no agent. I'm really hoping that we can simulate races. Not everyone wants to race every race especially if you running multiple series. If it's not in now then I hope its in a day 1 patch. Have us simulate, it shows the results and then that's it. I'm looking forward to starting up a team and getting into the team building. I was just hoping for a little bit more for the career. This is still a big step in the right direction though. It's like they took a little bit from thunder 2004, 2005, and dirt to Daytona and applied it to this game which is great.

After playing NASCAR heat 3 o sure hope they add driver ratings. I've never raced with more bad drivers in my life. It seems to take away all the fun knowing and when a slower player just takes you out without and repercussions. Improvements needed

For those that do not know ,jrm is owned by dale jr earnhart.they run in the xfinity and i think the craftsman truck series of nascar.
Jr Motorsports operates an Xfinity Team and a Late Model team.

Back