NASCAR Heat 5 Arrives July 7 on PS4, Xbox, and PC

Gameplay trailer, looks good, for a moment looked real on replay where 1 car slides at 15secs.

Looking forward to it, might get 5 over 4 if really better.
View attachment 925473

Heat 4 is actually pretty good. You need a bunch of like-minded drivers. Had some epic races with my buddies online. Usually 10 to 12 of us get in private room.

Looking forward to it, might get 5 over 4 if really better.

I think I'll go for 5 after the summer holidays. I really like the trailer and for such a small team it looks as a great achievement. Read a lot of whining on SM but what I understood is that the team is expecting a huge improvement for next-gen. I'll give this gen definitely a run and since it'll be my first Nascar-game, I'll go out with a bang :D NH5 it is 👍

I think I'll go for 5 after the summer holidays. I really like the trailer and for such a small team it looks as a great achievement. Read a lot of whining on SM but what I understood is that the team is expecting a huge improvement for next-gen. I'll give this gen definitely a run and since it'll be my first Nascar-game, I'll go out with a bang :D NH5 it is 👍
Did you get to try the demo of nh3?

Yes I did and I was positively surprised. I really liked the show element that I found through-out the demo and the racing was exciting.
Yeah it is really fun in a race constantly on high speed trying maneuver in the traffic and maximizing your line, which is different for each oval almost.

Replays are cool too with choice of length and events highlights.

Plus the ai, feel, pit functionality, all work well enough.

Yeah it is really fun in a race constantly on high speed trying maneuver in the traffic and maximizing your line, which is different for each oval almost.

Replays are cool too with choice of length and events highlights.

Plus the ai, feel, pit functionality, all work well enough.

I agree, it has many options. You can even choose your prefered song! Replays are really decent and the AI was an absolute surprise. Well done, varied and even the handling (if you switch of the assists) is convincing enough. My only disadvantage is that I've never understood Nascar (didn't actually give it a chance and thought it wasn't that exciting to race). However the demo convinced me otherwise and with Heat 5 there is a big improvement over 3. The developer made an effort to give the player a proper show, like Nascar is in RL (that's what I asume if I watch the footage).

I won't be in day one since I have ACC first on my list but as said, after summer, begin autumn I'll definitely pick this up. When I get very weak, sooner ;)

Hehe y
I agree, it has many options. You can even choose your prefered song! Replays are really decent and the AI was an absolute surprise. Well done, varied and even the handling (if you switch of the assists) is convincing enough. My only disadvantage is that I've never understood Nascar (didn't actually give it a chance and thought it wasn't that exciting to race). However the demo convinced me otherwise and with Heat 5 there is a big improvement over 3. The developer made an effort to give the player a proper show, like Nascar is in RL (that's what I asume if I watch the footage).

I won't be in day one since I have ACC first on my list but as said, after summer, begin autumn I'll definitely pick this up. When I get very weak, sooner ;)
Hehe yeah, same here, well i might have weak will to resist long acc for sure.

Yes the songs are great, solid rock songs, country etc

Yh the ai is pretty consistent and reliable.

Probably Day 1 :lol:. I've used all my trial races and I even did a couple of challenges. Great introduction and a few of them were very challenging. I absolutely love IT. I've even started to follow a couple of races and I am on a Discovery of the format and rules.

Last edited:
Hehe you used up your allotted races already and i haven't after months having the demo. But i did do long races and restarted them trying to not use up the race limit.

The demo feels good in hood view like your video. Lot of fun trying maneuver in traffic and keeping a good line too.

I just came accross this video of NH4 career. Looks really decent!

@Scaff Will you give NH5 a go? Would like to hear your thoughts on it :cheers:

Nascar Heat 4 is really good
if you have a group of friends playing. Its like every racing game online now. Smash ,bash,drive like an idiot. The trucks are probably the best of the bunch do to the tight racing and them getting loose do to tire wear.

If you’re unfamiliar with the NASCAR Heat series don’t waste your time and money buying this one. Graphics, physics, and AI are all sub-par. You’re better off going on eBay and getting an older NASCAR game for the PS2 made by EA cuz it’s miles ahead of this one being released in 2020. It uses the Unity Engine so it’s kinda equivalent to a smartphone game. And don’t even get me started on the “eSports.” This game is years away from being an eSport ready game. Online lobbies are glitchy and consistently riddled with connection issues. This one just seems like a money grab to me for them to build up resources for their next gen console game in 2021
Absolutely not true. I play the game every night with 10 to 16 people. There is no connection issues and no glitches. Are the graphics great,no. Perhaps your or someone you play with has terrible internet. We have players from all parts of the USA and Canada and it runs fine. If you want the only true Nascar game,you'll have to go back to 2003. Nascar Racing by Serria Papyrus on PC. Good luck finding it.It is basically IRacing now as Jacob's bought the team.

It has a seasonpass! Saw it in the PSN store this morning.
Yeah. Just went to check and saw it. Wondering if they recently included it. Can't recall seeing it included in pre-order.

Gold Edition players will have Tony as an option for the in-game spotter, an exclusive Career contract offer from Stewart-Haas Racing, classic Tony Stewart paint schemes, the NASCAR Heat 5 Season Pass (four DLC packs) and in-game cash to kick start your own team.

Gold may be worth it looking at it. It just seems there probably won’t be a crazy amounts of liveries with how short the real season is this year. The in game cash has zero appeal to me though and listening to Tony as a spotter isn’t huge either.

Atm the game has its share of issues but man, is the AI fantastic :bowdown:

IMG_20200712_171206.png
IMG_20200712_171216.png
IMG_20200712_171150.png
IMG_20200712_171156.png

Is it better than In 3? How do you compare it to 3 in all, sounds, looks, feel, ffb maybe, physics, etc and options compared to 4?

Pics looks nice, thanks, are you on std ps4?

It's a big improvement over 3. Graphics, sounds and physics are all better. I can't compare it to 4 since I haven't played that one. However 5, has a few launch issues (crashing, NH4 logos, paintbooth and unlocks issues). Sure they'll be ironed out asap. Gameplay is good, career is beefy and challenges are fun with a few difficulty spikes. Handling is nice when using a wheel (didn't try controller). It definitely isn't a simulation but more an in the middle experience. The packracing is exciting and well excecuted.

Standard PS4 👍

I've read it borrows many éléments of nh4 and improved in a couple of fronts. I'll pick up nh4 when it is very cheap.

Having an absolute blast so far :D

It's a big improvement over 3. Graphics, sounds and physics are all better. I can't compare it to 4 since I haven't played that one. However 5, has a few launch issues (crashing, NH4 logos, paintbooth and unlocks issues). Sure they'll be ironed out asap. Gameplay is good, career is beefy and challenges are fun with a few difficulty spikes. Handling is nice when using a wheel (didn't try controller). It definitely isn't a simulation but more an in the middle experience. The packracing is exciting and well excecuted.

Standard PS4 👍

I've read it borrows many éléments of nh4 and improved in a couple of fronts. I'll pick up nh4 when it is very cheap.

Having an absolute blast so far :D
How come you still want 4 if you got 5 now though? Just curious

Challenge 14, the hardest one in game. Took me a total of 2 hours until how I figured out how to drive :lol: The rest of the challenges are easy to medium but great fun to learn some basics and history. I miss the introduction videos that were in NH3 though :indiff:

Dear readers/mods
Yesterday i saw a video of heat 5 gameplay and that person had his car full with his logo and his name all around the car. I was looking on Yt if there was a tutorial how to get your own logo on the car, without succes. Is here anyone who could help me with placing my own logo on my car if that is possible?

Last edited:
Dear readers/mods
Yesterday i saw a video of heat 5 gameplay and that person had his car full with his logo and his name all around the car. I was looking on Yt if there was a tutorial how to get your own logo on the car, without succes. Is here anyone who could help me with placing my own logo on my car if that is possible?
Was it the pro invitational or just a random YTuber?

Back