NASCAR Heat 5 Arrives July 7 on PS4, Xbox, and PC

Interesting, I’ll dig into this weekend. Makes me wonder if its something that can be done on PC vs PS/Xbox.
It's possible on PC, but the thing about games built in Unity is that modding them is a complete pain in the tail due to the way it packs the asset files so tightly. Great for keeping install sizes down to a minimum, but unless you have access to the source you have to really go out of your way to find the right tools to unpack and repack the files correctly, and you have to know beforehand how to use them too.

It's possible on PC, but the thing about games built in Unity is that modding them is a complete pain in the tail due to the way it packs the asset files so tightly. Great for keeping install sizes down to a minimum, but unless you have access to the source you have to really go out of your way to find the right tools to unpack and repack the files correctly, and you have to know beforehand how to use them too.
I'm totally not used to play with files and stuff like that, in the first place I've never done it. Well I don't need my profile picture on my car if it will be really hard to get close to it. I'll just use the absics the game has.

20 years using the right thumbstick (now on PS4) for brake/throttle, I'm scouring the net for a solution, remapping L2 and R2 to the right stick, but there seems to be no way to fix this issue, it's so annoying as Heat 5 is not that bad.
Though not a Nascar expert, I love pack racing and bump drafting (looking forward to Dega in 2 weeks), bought the game a couple of weeks ago and so far I find Auto Club to be by far the best track, it's awesome!

Why? Switch barely does good with arcade racers considering the analog triggers, how do you do a discipline with a lot of precision needed with analog triggers?

Why? Switch barely does good with arcade racers considering the analog triggers, how do you do a discipline with a lot of precision needed with analog triggers?
I'm sure the main reason is it's a Unity-based game, so there's almost no difficulty (or cost) in porting to it and the Switch won't even break a sweat running it.

Unable to get the T150 wheel to work as player 1 in Nascar Heat 5 since I've owned it. The only option for the wheel shows up for player 2. It has been insanely frustrating, but nothing I can think of allows player 1 to use the wheel. Has anyone else run in to this or have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

There was a one time pop up that I thought I saw and missed in the blur going through the connections and set up of said wheel, and I'm wondering if I hit something to ignore the wheel that doesn't come up and ask again.

I could delete all of the game content to wipe it clean and start the entire game over to see if I get a pop up for the wheel, but I have so much career mode completed I am posting here before trying that and losing all of my play history.

Thank you ahead of time for any help or suggestions.

Last edited:
Unable to get the T150 wheel to work as player 1 in Nascar Heat 5 since I've owned it. The only option for the wheel shows up for player 2. It has been insanely frustrating, but nothing I can think of allows player 1 to use the wheel. Has anyone else run in to this or have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

There was a one time pop up that I thought I saw and missed in the blur going through the connections and set up of said wheel, and I'm wondering if I hit something to ignore the wheel that doesn't come up and ask again.

I could delete all of the game content to wipe it clean and start the entire game over to see if I get a pop up for the wheel, but I have so much career mode completed I am posting here before trying that and losing all of my play history.

I don’t own 5 but heat 4 on ps4 if I start with a controller my wheel (t300) is not recognized. Works great when there is no controller on.

Having fun in the 3 categories of Nascar (Nascar Heat 5), doing the 3 reduced championships. Because by the comments the game Nascar 21 is not very good, both in gameplay and in the settings of a steering wheel.
Nascar Cup Daytona 500

Nascar Cup Bristol 500

Truck Series Atlanta 200

Xfinity Series Talladega 300

I will give Motorsport Games some credit for at least trying to make up for how things have gone so far in their handling of the NASCAR license. Obviously they still have lots of room for improvement both on the game and communication side but adding the 2022 cars to both their latest game as well as the previous year's version is a step in the right direction.

I will give Motorsport Games some credit for at least trying to make up for how things have gone so far in their handling of the NASCAR license. Obviously they still have lots of room for improvement both on the game and communication side but adding the 2022 cars to both their latest game as well as the previous year's version is a step in the right direction.

The question I have is if the cars will be different from the older cars (like having 5 gears, different handling) or will they just be reskins?

The question I have is if the cars will be different from the older cars (like having 5 gears, different handling) or will they just be reskins?
The wording and the fact there is a delay certainly makes it seem like it's entirely new models. Considering the developer though I would very much wait to see reviews after it releases.

Back