NBA: 2013-2014 Season - DONE Spurs Win

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,927 comments
I always get the impression that anyone who trash talks Lebron publicly immediately regrets it the next time they play him.:lol:

Edit: Side note to Aussies, we have some exhibition games against China being aired on ABC-2 this week starting on Thursday night I think. None of our good players are in it of course, but it may be an opportunity to see young up and comers.

Will definitely try and catch that exhibition game, shame that I have university so late on a Thursday.

Love is currently at the center of being traded to the Kings with no guarantee he'll resign. Melo with Rose (bc he needs to be back by this point, it's been 2 full seasons) could be a deadly offers IF he learns how not to stop the ball.

Love is currently at the center of being traded to the Kings with no guarantee he'll resign. Melo with Rose (bc he needs to be back by this point, it's been 2 full seasons) could be a deadly offers IF he learns how not to stop the ball.

Cousins and Love would be a nice twin tower combo but do either of them play defense? :lol:

Just wrapped up...

Oklahoma City won 105-92 in Oklahoma City. The series is now 2-2 as OKC remains the House of Horrors for the San Antonio Spurs.

Da hell was that Pop? Looked like he stopped caring half way through the 3rd QTR.

Oh, and Westbrook proving again Durant's MVP was biggest gift by the league just because he carried the team & lead in scoring whilst Westbrook was out. Big ****ing whoop-ti-doo.

Will definitely try and catch that exhibition game, shame that I have university so late on a Thursday.

There's a game on Saturday night too, then two more after that on which I'm not sure the times, so you can probably catch one of them. I'm interested to see the three US College ball players for Australia. I think China has some massive centre too, so that should be fun.

Ready for Game 5 tonight of the Eastern Conference Finals? Miami is ahead 3-1 in the series as the Pacers are trying to stretch this series out as best as they can in Indianapolis tonight.

Good luck to both Miami and Indiana tonight.

Well if it's anyone that can teach anybody to play proper team ball, it's Thibs.

I would bet a lot that the game today was fixed by the league and officials to prolong the series so they can make more money. Lebron got 5 fouls in something like 13mins, this is unheard of.:odd:

And they STILL almost won the game. Lebron could've tied it up but sprayed out to Bosh for the kill. Oh well, guess they're comfortable playing another game. If it wasn't for a few bonehead turnovers, they could have won. Also, that Shane Battier foul at the end was ridiculous. How can it be a foul to take a charge?

Anyway, I think Lebron was way too eager to defer on a shot when he had some good looks. But he was absolutely terrible last night. It was almost good that he got in foul trouble because his shot was completely bogus until the 4th.

I read that next season, there will be some more international games for next season. So who's going where? Check this:

* Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - in Mexico City, Mexico
* Milwaukee Bucks vs. New York Knicks - at the O2 Arena in London, England, UK

Unlike gridiron football, basketball is much more fluid in being an international game. It will be nice for my Rockets to play in Mexico City considering the significant Latin American population here in the Houston/Galveston area. The Knicks will probably whack the Bucks anywhere in the world or in this universe.

As of the time of this post, Oklahoma City Thunder at San Antonio Spurs is on deck at the top of the hour. Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals. series. Good luck to both OKC and SA.

117-89, San Antonio in San Antonio. The black and silver eviscerated the Oklahoma City Thunder. San Antonio has failed multiple times in a row in Oklahoma City, including Games 3 and 4 of the Western Conference Finals. If they want to see the NBA Finals, they'll need to win in Oklahoma City for Game 6. OKC will need to win at home to force a Game 7 in San Antonio.

Oh my goodness, what the hell is wrong with Brooks? Or is Pop really that smart? Brooks played his starters near the entire Game 4 even up 20+, whilst Pop looked like he gave up and threw in the bench to let them get going and the starters get some rest. Game 6, SA's bench comes out playing strong and the moment Brooks finally gives his starters a rest, their bench just gets completely outmatched. What was it, 4 points in 3 minutes at one point?

If OKC makes it to the Finals, those starters are going to be drained against LeBron & Wade.

I would've loved for Indiana to advance. Last hope now is the Spurs.
Anyways, I've witnessed the evolution of Lance Stephenson from a great hustle player with a tenacious personality, into a complete douche-bag. Also, I'm wondering why Miami is still playing their starters.

Why was Miami still playing their starters? Because **** the Pacers, that's why.

No, seriously. Do we really want to show the Oklahonio Thundurs our deep bench? Look at Toney Douglas and Greg Oden. Garbage time BEASTS. Pine monsters!

If OKC advances, I might feel bad for Perkins or Adams (JK, hope he gets wrecked). They might do ok with Bosh, but Anderson & Oden in the paint won't be players they can muscle away from the basket.

Regardless of who wins between OKC and SA, which do you think would be the better matchup for the NBA Finals: Heat vs. Thunder or Heat vs. Spurs?

It's SA at OKC tonight. San Antonio leads the series 3-2 after their demolition of Oklahoma City in San Antonio in Game 5. Good luck to both teams.

Kawhi Leonard showed up tonight. He exerted himself some on offense and had a huge block towards the end of the game. He was a difference maker tonight. OKC also failed to have an answer to Boris Diaw. Diaw made threes and was a bully in the lane.

Tim Duncan lived up to his nickname tonight. He had an outstanding display of on the block fundamentals in overtime. It was vintage Tim Duncan post work. Serge Ibaka had no chance against such splendid post work.

The Thunder gave up too many turnovers, allowed too many points to be scored off those turnovers, and were crushed on the offensive glass. On top of that, their bench completely failed to show up and San Antonio's bench was fantastic.

With the Thunder out of the playoffs, go Spurs I guess, since I would rather not see another Heat championship. The Spurs play basketball the way basketball should be played. The three pointer from Diaw near the end of the third quarter was beautiful basketball; the Spurs were at their height Barca-esque in their execution during that play.

Back