NBDESIGNZ - GT Sport Gallery - 20/02/19

• Thread starter NBDESIGNZ
  • 182 comments
NBDESIGNZ - GT Sport Gallery - 13_11_17 - Apples, Planes and M_3.png

I took the liberty to give a provisional title: The bull-lizard
Nice work @NBDESIGNZ!

My, oh my... That livery looks sick! Where to begin...

First of all, I must say that the faded stripes, dirt particles and smudges and chipped paint look fantastic - I can't imagine how much imagination, patience and dedication has gone into this livery. Needless to say, you've chosen the perfect location to shoot this car at.

The desaturated, industrial look works very well here and represents a stark contrast to the car, which itself carries these attributes without blending into the background. In general, the lighting seems spot on and the shadows aren't too dark - if they were it would take away from the portrayed scene and I think that you found a fantastic balance here.

With that being said, I'm liking each shot for different reasons, but if I had to choose one of them, it would be shot #...

Nope! No matter how hard I try, I can't choose just one. Let's just say that you have a lock on those individual compositions. 👍

I'm speechless and relieved at the same time.

Speechless because this looks inch perfect and relieved because I was thinking about doing something like this (with the Rothmans livery) but now I don't care.

1 question: Did you import the dirt/particles/textures as separate files?

Thanks guys, it took a while to do all the SVGs but the result was worth it IMO.

@zzz_pt : yeah, I imported ca. 40 different textures and used some gradient dots and stripes from the game. I would love to see your Rothmans version too.

NP
@zzz_pt, you have to care, though. I would love to see your version with the Rothmans livery! :)

Thanks guys, it took a while to do all the SVGs but the result was worth it IMO.

@zzz_pt : yeah, I imported ca. 40 different textures and used some gradient dots and stripes from the game. I would love to see your Rothmans version too.

I've done the Rothmans livery without the dirt/rust. I have around 250 total layers left now :/ Not sure this is enough lol. Maybe I have to make a simple version of it with less logos/layers so I can use more dirt/rust/dust decals. Don't know? How many layers of rust and dirt have your used Nicolas?

Also, I've noticed you left the side mirrors untouched without any dirt or dust. Was that intentional?

@zzz_pt, 250 layers don't sound like a lot to me, but I'm sure you'll find a way around the limitation without sacrificing the amount of detail to the livery. 👍

Thank you very much fellas, I'm really glad that this livery has such a success.

The dirt, rust and other textures are made with a total of 262 layers on the body, 65 on the bonnet, 52 on the spoiler, 20 for each mirror, and 60 on others.

@zzz_pt : the mirrors have only carbon fiber texture, no rust, dirt etc... The livery is based on the "Neidfaktor 911 GT3 RS".

Maybe I'll try to do a similar version with a Martini scheme on it, who knows :D

Been busy I see 👍... you know the game came with a "driving" mode as well eh ;) :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously awesome stuff, makes you cry thinking about letting cars like that get to that state though... :eek::eek::eek:

Keep up the great work!:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back