• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
GTPlanet, I wanted to make my NCAA College Football thread more of a regular, general thread on college football. Everything from classic games to big teams to hostile territory, and such. But since I'm kind of wasting space for my general college football thread, from here on, I'm going to attempt to talk about the general results, nad maybe even scores as well. Alright? So here goes. And of course, I'll title each game nd put an asterik (*) by each game so you can tell which games are different. So let's do some college football, eh?

WEEK 6 RESULTS:
http://www.ncaafootball.net/index.p...e_id=4956&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

* "Marshall's Stampede" Marshall and Miami (of Ohio) went at it in an MAC shootout. Miami-Ohio had a chance to win the game, but had too many miscues, especially in the Fourth Quarter as Marshall's Thundering Herd beat the Redhawks.
* "Falcon Down" For the Commander-in-Chief trophy, Navy and Air Force went at it. Navy was undefeated at (4-0), and the Air Force is (2-2). After four failed Field Goals, all Navy needed was three points... and Navy delivered to continue undefeated at 5-0. Next for Navy? Notre Dame.
* "Hook Them Bears" The Texas Longhorns took down the Baylor Bears 44-14 in a Big XII South battle. This game was easy. Their next one may not be as easy. Next week, BIG, special rivalry- OU vs. Texas at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, TX, USA!
* "What Razorbacks?" Arkansas' Razorbacks lose to the Florida Gators in somewhat of a blowout.
* "The Tiger King" It looks like the Houston Cougars lost to the Memphis Tigers. Houston is trying to look for another Bowl Game bid after having made it to the Hawaii Bowl last year, losing to Hawaii that year.
* "Still Winless?" Here's a Conference USA matchup between TCU and Army. The Horned Frogs take down the... yes. STILL winless team from West Point, NY, USA. Texas Christian University will move into the Mountain West next season, and they have a lot going for them.
* "Cowboys on Fire" The Oklahoma State Cowboys take down and take out the Iowa State Cyclones in this Big XII game.
Harvard - LL
* "For Boston" The talent of the Boston College Eagles made short work of Massachusetts.
* "Doing Without Rix" Florida State's Seminoles take down the Tar Heels of North Carolina
* "Foul Play" Temple's Owls got OWNED by the Bowling Green Falcons. The score is more like when Team USA beat down the world in basketball (big change today, I know) back in 1992 or something. Otherwise, BGSU won 70-16.
* "Big Badgers" Wisconsin wins their game today. Be ready, Madison. You're getting the Ohio... no wait. THE Ohio State Buckeyes next week!
* "Demon Deacon Dupe" Wake Forest lost to the North Carolina State Spartans this Saturday.
* "Rebellious Ole Miss" Arkansas State loses to Ole Miss
* "Louisville" Perhaps this year's Cinderella team is the Louisville Cardinals. They took down a team with one of my least favorite fight songs, East Carolina.
* "Freight Train" The Boilermakers freight train made a stop to Notre Dame and blew them out 41-16. Notre Dame faces the 5-0 Navy Midshipmen. Purdue has a date with Penn State AT Penn State.
* "Hawkeye of the Storm" The Michigan State Spartans couldn't seem to take down the Iowa Hawkeyes.
* "Chippin' Away" Central Michigan's Chippewas over Kent State's Golden Flashes.
* "Why Be Blue?" Duke's Blue Devils win over the Citadel Bulldogs.
* "Rocky Mountain Cool" Wyoming's Cowboys over beat UL Monroe by a field goal, if I'm not mistaken.
* "Buffalo Tamer" What's the best way to take down a buffalo? Use a tiger. Well... maybe not in real life, but at least the Mizzou Tigers clawed into the Colorado Buffaloes in this Big XII matchup.
* "Smarter Than the Average Bear" Cal's Golden Bears took on and out out the Oregon State Beavers. Cal has a BIG rivalry coming up next week as they take on co-national champions, the USC Trojans
* "12th Man Advantage" The Kansas State Wildcats go from Manhattan, KS, USA to College Station, TX, USA to meet Texas A&M and the 12th Man.
* "The Devil Went Down to Oregon" Arizona State is undefeated as they took on Oregon.
* "No Love for Akron?" Akron's Zips lose today.
* "Rocky Road for Rocky Top" The team I wanted to follow this year is Tennessee. Unfortunately, they couldn't take down the #9 Auburn Tigers. After this week, they'll surely be ranked higher than Tenneseee. Before this weekend, the Volunteers were #8.

1-AA GAMES
* "Funny Mascot, Serious Team" The Blue Hens of Delaware take down the Black Bears of Maine
* "Ram Un-tough" Brown's Bears knocked out the University of Rhode Island Rams.
Drake i'Ville
* "Good Day for Dayton" Dayton defeats Davidson
* "Got Hornet?" Delaware State takes down the Hampton Pirates after the Pirates defeated the Morgan State Bears in Black College Football action.
* "Phoenix Down" Georgia Southern's Eagles win their game against North Carolina's Elon Phoenix.
* "" Bucknell beats Georgetown
* "" Fordham wins in their game today.
* "" I didn't know Lehigh had a football team. I kind of better heard of them in college basketball. Lehigh took down Albany today, nonetheless.
* "Chewing Up Big Red" Towson wins over Cornell.
* "A Tribe Called William And Mary" The William and Mary Tribe met and beat Northeastern.
* "Tell-Tale Sacred Heart" Sacred Heart wins big over Wagner.
* "Ivy Leauge Clinic" Yale's Bulldogs took down Colgate.
* "Quaker Conquest" Penn over Dartmouth.
* "Paladin Power" Furman over W. Carolina.
* Fordham
App State over TX State
Soutern Illinois over Northern Iowa
UC Davis over Northern Colorado.
Southern losing to Alabama State
* "Dogg Pounding" Alabama State's Bulldogs beat Texas Southern 22-3 at Robertson Field at the University of Houston. TSU takes on Arkansas

I'm going to attempt to talk about the week's games in seperate threads from here on to see if that works.

Here's a notable game I have to include:

"Buckeye Killer" I did not know this, but... did you know that Northwestern knocked off Ohio State this past weekend? I didn't know that, but I was like... "damn! Did they REALLY lose to Northwestern?" And this game was on while I was watching Auburn/Tennessee. What I thought would be something like Ohio State over NW 42-3 or something, but apparentely ESPN Classic will replay that game this Friday. You got cable, check it out.

Of course, I'm going to try to follow the Tennessee Volunteers this year, so it's kind of a tough break that Auburn took down the Vols in Neyland Stadium with more tha 100,000+ fans sporting volunteer orange. Then later this year, I'll try to learn more about college basketball. See you around!

Back