need a car to beat the Amateur- Gran Turismo World Champ

• Thread starter railsldr
  • 26 comments
I can't seem to get any of my cars to beat this. I have a Supra RZ with stage 3 turbo and full suspension, tranny, everything but stage 4 turbo. I don't have any custom settings for it if anyone has some that would be good.

Or I have my RUF RGT moderately tuned with some custom settings that may help a lil but not much. What is a good car for this race that I can win in amateur league or isn't really expensive (like 200,000+)?

Well the Viper was my second car, so I didn't have much money left after it, but if I could go back and buy some stuff to do it with I would buy whatever engine upgrades and etc. that money can buy. Oh and some good tires. I don't think that the GT championship has tire wear so just buy the best tires you can get with the remaining money.

the supra with stage 3 turbo and all other parts should be enough to kill the competition in that series. just make sure you have medium tires and lower the ride height to the lowest.

Go and race the "Like the Wind" race in Professional, win the 787b, go back and slaughter the AI in the Am. Grand Turismo World champ.
This is the one against race cars and with tyre wear right? If so I have beaten it in the Acura NSX

Originally posted by TingBoy
the supra with stage 3 turbo and all other parts should be enough to kill the competition in that series. just make sure you have medium tires and lower the ride height to the lowest.

well maybe I gave up to soon but I was trying for all golds. I want to go through the game getting all golds in each league before I move onto the next so righ tnow I am getting all the golds in amateur before doing any pro races. With the poopra :D I got gold on the first 2 then silver on the 3rd and 5th on the next one and quit because I just couldn't keep the tire wear in check long enough maintain good control through the last lap.

It was a while ago and my driving was not great, but I used the stock RX-7 LM car.

I won this race with a non-racing Skyline R32. I lost the championship once before I beat it, though. I had medium tires the first time, and they didn't last long enough. The second time I attempted the championship, however, I had bought racing slick tires and it was a lot easier!

i beat it with a Lotus Espirit sport with med tires, stage 3 turbo (i think 600ish hp), and everything else cept for stage 3 lightening. it wasn't too hard. I got bored on some of the races and started driftin around lol

I used the Gillet Vertigo. That car should win you the championship despite being overpowered. Just get the settings right and away you go.

alright well I am using my RUF RGT I played with settings and I can win, I normally am in 2nd or 3rd behind the viper oreca and vette C5R until they pit in the last couple laps then I win every race so far.

I probably used an F1 to beat it...that was back in the old days. ;)

Gave this a run last night. Grabbed my fully loaded RX-7 RZ from a recent OLR run and took a shot. Qualifying at Laguna seca wasn't tough. I dropped to Stage 3 turbo, and lost the Intercooler and set on T4's to match the 5 lap runs. This brought me pretty close to the mark.

The irritating thing about Amateur is the "AI boost when loosing". Managing this is very tough. So, it all relates to staying off the walls, conserving momentum and smooth lines.

Problem with that is the AI can't drive. Just getting by the pack to keep up with the Denso is outrageously hard, as the AI use you for cornering and braking. I've got the notes here, and when finished I'll post them up.

Aggravating wins, but easy enough.

AO

you raced the denso? I hate how this game does that, it picks your opponents depending on your car and its mods. I raced against the Oreca Viper and C5 no Denso Supra.

Originally posted by railsldr
you raced the denso? I hate how this game does that, it picks your opponents depending on your car and its mods. I raced against the Oreca Viper and C5 no Denso Supra.

Nah, if you reload again and again it gives you random sets...so if you want to race against a certain car just keep reloading the race until you get it. ;)

Originally posted by railsldr

thats what happened when I did it in the Acura NSX, No Denso but I did draw the C5R and the Viper

Also I love the way that the AI start with a Fresh car every race while we have to start with a worn out (some of the time) car

Originally posted by ving
Yeah!

You go girl!!! :D
:P

What choo talking about ving!? You don't know me, you don't know me! What choo doing girlfriend!

Ahem.

Back