Need for Speed Heat Update This Week Brings Black Market and McLaren F1

I thought the update was mainly cars. Thought I could get around the update, but then I saw the release notes/ file size. That aint happening.

Did anyone end up buying the Mclaren?

According to Gzilla, the next cars arriving could be the Aventador SV and SV roadster.

Also if you don't remember, the rumors about the Volumes look like truth.

The Volume 5 (Best Of British) was released .

The other volumes:

1- Made in Japan

2-???

3- Bad To The Bone

4- Pretty Italian Job

5- Best Of British

I just wouldn't point out how perfect is PD when it comes to DLCs. Like the post I quoted. Also the Heat DLC is in line with what Payback did. So no surprise there.
I woulden't say perfect but in today's gaming scene is one of the best in my opinion.

According to Gzilla, the next cars arriving could be the Aventador SV and SV roadster.

Also if you don't remember, the rumors about the Volumes look like truth.

The Volume 5 (Best Of British) was released .

The other volumes:

1- Made in Japan

2-???

3- Bad To The Bone

4- Pretty Italian Job

5- Best Of British

The leak listed Volume 2 as "Bad to the Bone" and volume 3 is "Porsche Unleashed".

Aventador SV coupe should be the free variant car for "Italian Job", was there a roadster found in the files as well? I think "Made in Japan" variant car might be the wrongly listed 370z 50th Anniversary edition on the car list, we have the heritage edition and the Nismo in game. I think a convertible variant of one of the existing JDM is likly

I'm not sure which variant of Porsche are they giving out, I kinda think we got good amount of 991 variants at this point.

Also the Heat DLC is in line with what Payback did. So no surprise there.

Except the cost of it, it was $2.5 for the standard cars (Alfa Guilia, Infiniti Q60, Mini Countryman, Range Rover SVR and Chevy Colorado) and $4 for the super build ones (Firebird and DB5) in Payback. There are new missions and races in Heat DLC but the missions are not worth it for the price hike and the Mclaren F1 doesn't have as many parts as the Alfa Guilia or the Infiniti Q60.

"GTS Sells DLC cars for prices as high as $3.99, doesn't seem that much different to me."

While yes GTS can sell a car for x amount the trade off is that you can actually play the game and get the same car without having to spend anything.
Unless there are GTS cars that you can only get by spending real money?

While here you have to spend 5$ to get a car when there is no free to play version of the same car.

gts actually prevents over spend as any car above 1,000,000 cr aren't purchasable via cash, only cheaper cars

As for NFS the $5 gets a series of new races and events as well as one car (aston martin if free iirc), something many here seem to miss. IMO if the most we're charged is $5 then I see no complaint especially when what we are paying for now isn't just one car.

The prize for beating all of Lewis Hamilton's times are a special liveried Merc AMG VGT with a different rear wing, so technically this is the only car that you can get by spending real money. And even then you still need to have the insane skills to beat all 10 times.

gts actually prevents over spend as any car above 1,000,000 cr aren't purchasable via cash, only cheaper cars

As for NFS the $5 gets a series of new races and events as well as one car (aston martin if free iirc), something many here seem to miss. IMO if the most we're charged is $5 then I see no complaint especially when what we are paying for now isn't just one car.

Actually they raised the credit cap to 10 million. You can buy the Alfa Giulia Pebble Beach winner for a frankly ridiculous $15.

---

I still maintain GTS situation and this are not the same. As many others have said the microtransactions in GT are strictly optional (heck, even I forget they exist sometimes). They give away a steady stream of cars and tracks for FREE over 2 years. Even Driveclub and Burnout Paradise didn't have that good of a DLC roadmap. With NFS, it's just 2 cars (one is just a variant of what we already have) and a frankly the extra missions/races are a pretty boring slog. Also I bet you they already have the McLaren F1 modeled at launch and were just holding it back. I'm halfway through the Volante missions and I dread having to complete similar stuff for every DLC car in the future.

Most Wanted 2012's airport expansion was good. Payback's speedcross expansion was good. This is just slightly above the recycled DLC tactics of Codemasters...

Just wondering if the McLaren events pays (the ingame bank) well more for the price or its the same as free counterparts?

While yes GTS can sell a car for x amount the trade off is that you can actually play the game and get the same car without having to spend anything.

While here you have to spend 5$ to get a car when there is no free to play version of the same car.
I was simply comparing GTS selling cars in the Playstation Store to this update, as both involve real money. You would have saved yourself a lot of time if you read the whole thread.

I was simply comparing GTS selling cars in the Playstation Store to this update, as both involve real money. You would have saved yourself a lot of time if you read the whole thread.

The comparison with GTS is a weird one, the cars can be bought through the PS store but they are still free to access if you grind enough money for it.

Forza Horizon 4 car pass cars and playlist cars is more accurate to Heat case, the playlist cars are free for everyone to access like the Aston Martin DB11 Volante in Heat while the Mclaren F1 is like the car pass content that you can only access it through paying real money for it.

Does anyone want to talk about Need for Speed in this thread? Jesus.

Literally everyone quoting me to say the exact same thing :lol:.

Forza Horizon 4 car pass cars and playlist cars is more accurate to Heat case,
Not really. It's problematic but for wholly different reasons.

Forza didn't charge you money for new cars but problem is that it's time to obtain is rather too limited for most people (and you need to complete atleast 80% of all weekly challenges which is quite a time to waste on).

Each game has its own weaknesses, and I find Heat to be, while rather pity for setting the price too high for one car and set of events, it's not really very exorbitant and particularly noteworthy either. It's just not really worth of money IMHO.

Not really. It's problematic but for wholly different reasons.

Forza didn't charge you money for new cars but problem is that it's time to obtain is rather too limited for most people (and you need to complete atleast 80% of all weekly challenges which is quite a time to waste on).

Each game has its own weaknesses, and I find Heat to be, while rather pity for setting the price too high for one car and set of events, it's not really very exorbitant and particularly noteworthy either. It's just not really worth of money IMHO.

Time is not an issue when it comes to the car pass content, the free content is time limited but the similarity of both is they have a chunk of content being free and the other part is paid DLC only.

The cost of Heat DLC is definitely too high but I still paid for it since this has been the only racing game I played for months without feeling like I’m doing a chore. I really hate the playlist system in Forza, it is way too time consuming and repetitive for just 1 car.

Except the cost of it, it was $2.5 for the standard cars (Alfa Guilia, Infiniti Q60, Mini Countryman, Range Rover SVR and Chevy Colorado) and $4 for the super build ones (Firebird and DB5) in Payback. There are new missions and races in Heat DLC but the missions are not worth it for the price hike and the Mclaren F1 doesn't have as many parts as the Alfa Guilia or the Infiniti Q60.
I know. I guess they would made less damage if both the cars were pay content. And if there was a third car the whole price issue would make no sense.
In my local pub one beer cost 5$ yet is unacceptable for many of us to pay the same amount for a virtual car. Am I afraid that NFS will turn in a 700 car game with a dealership that sale cars for real cash? And another question is why are they doing it this way when the competition is going the oposite way?

I know. I guess they would made less damage if both the cars were pay content. And if there was a third car the whole price issue would make no sense.

I doubt having both the Mclaren F1 and Aston Martin DB11 Volante as paid DLC will make less damage, it might fuel more hate as they are selling a variant car with a set of exclusive body kit on it. Forza selling convertible variants of base games cars through car pass didn't go that well in the community as well. If it were to be a twin pack DLC, it should have 2 brand new cars like the past 2 NFS DLC.

In my local pub one beer cost 5$ yet is unacceptable for many of us to pay the same amount for a virtual car. Am I afraid that NFS will turn in a 700 car game with a dealership that sale cars for real cash? And another question is why are they doing it this way when the competition is going the oposite way?

You mean opposite as in giving out free cars? I don't think there are that many racing games that are supported by giving out free content only, Forza, GTS and The Crew 2 giving out new free cars for the players but others seems to be a mixed of both when free and paid when it comes to content. We have Wreckfest and GRID that sells car packs while giving free tracks then we have Dirt Rally 2 that has all its new cars, new tracks, old/returning cars and tracks from DR1 as paid DLC. I think DR2 has 1 free car and a free playground area.

Actually they raised the credit cap to 10 million. You can buy the Alfa Giulia Pebble Beach winner for a frankly ridiculous $15.

---

Hadn't realised that. TBH don't really care as I've used the setting to block the option to buy with cash from being active.

Just wondering if the McLaren events pays (the ingame bank) well more for the price or its the same as free counterparts?
A bit more for the rep level (30 rep). The races are generally longer with fewer laps with a couple of the first races giving over $50k. Add to that a level 320 car at level 30.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is unacceptable. I like this game and expected a car pack with cars like the DBS Superleggera, V8 Vantage, Charger Hellcat, 720S, Camaro ZL1, and Shelby Mustang GT500. But 1 car for $5. Very disappointing.

You mean opposite as in giving out free cars?
Actually I meant not supporting the game properly and releasing such a lame dlc after so much time. I am fine with paid dlc, as long as it delivers something substantial. Cars are fine but I prefer things to do. Like Heat. They could trow 200 cars it would not change things much. This game need things to do. Like competitive multi-player, new game plus or all the races with higher lv option. A weekly events wouldn't hurt. This days we need more from the games. Specially when compared to direct competitors like the Crew and FH.

Actually I meant not supporting the game properly and releasing such a lame dlc after so much time. I am fine with paid dlc, as long as it delivers something substantial. Cars are fine but I prefer things to do. Like Heat. They could trow 200 cars it would not change things much. This game need things to do. Like competitive multi-player, new game plus or all the races with higher lv option. A weekly events wouldn't hurt. This days we need more from the games. Specially when compared to direct competitors like the Crew and FH.

The game could really use more end game stuff, better cops and faster AI will help lengthen the game for me. I'm guessing PvP will come later on but I never really bother about the multiplayer part of any racing games I played, the last time I played multiplayer in a racing game was HP2010. Weekly events are fine but I sure hope they don't have limited time rewards in it like FH4, never like the idea of locking contents that way.

Seeing that none of the NFS has decent live service supports, I don't expect the game to get close to anything FH4 or TC2 has. I kinda expected Heat to do monthly car packs, minor features addition and just bug fixes for the next 6-12 months after it releases. The 1 car DLC they have after 4 months is way below my expectation.

They were actually boasting about Live Service'like support for Heat... But it was before game comes out and EA closed Ghost...
I don't think it is still planned. They have load of time before next NFS comes out (2021 more likely) they should keep heat atleast minimally alive.

I think the monthly free car and 1 paid DLC car is their "live service", I really doubt they even plan to do anything more than that.

I think the monthly free car and 1 paid DLC car is their "live service", I really doubt they even plan to do anything more than that.
They plan for more, like Crew Rivals and Seasons. Unfortunately the plan got cut off and the hidden menu will soon be deprecated.

Read the latest patch note to know what I meant.

They plan for more, like Crew Rivals and Seasons. Unfortunately the plan got cut off and the hidden menu will soon be deprecated.

Read the latest patch note to know what I meant.

I don’t think those are planned live service content, likely just features they planned for but it fail to complete in time. Considering that none of Ghost made NFS could even include a dedicated PvP and online free roam at day 1, I say it is highly unlikely to see any of those turn up through a live service.

So I bought the update, finished the AM Black Market events, started the McLaren one and it's actually enjoyable, definitely expands the game for another week or two

I've enjoyed it but can't help to think that it'll get stale again until the next update comes through in 2045 or whenever they decide to release something

Yeah same here. I have fun with this DLC. I think about new ones.

I like those "challenges" approach. Especially those which requires not to use nitro. Feels like old NFS games :D

My advice to have more fun? Try not putting all 400+ performance parts as soon as you get Mclaren. Try to earn those part and evolve the car through challenge series. It is much more fun this way.

I don't have the game yet, but I was thinking of doing a challenge where I see how fast I can complete an event when the car has the exact PR that's recommended for an event, rather than maxing it out. It could be fun trying different combinations of parts.

The big reason I don't have Heat yet is that I wanna wait for a discount/price drop, and also check out how the DLC ends up being. I'm also worried about that "item synchronization" bug that removes your cars and credits. Is that bug still much of an issue?

I still maintain GTS situation and this are not the same. As many others have said the microtransactions in GT are strictly optional (heck, even I forget they exist sometimes). They give away a steady stream of cars and tracks for FREE over 2 years. Even Driveclub and Burnout Paradise didn't have that good of a DLC roadmap. With NFS, it's just 2 cars (one is just a variant of what we already have) and a frankly the extra missions/races are a pretty boring slog. Also I bet you they already have the McLaren F1 modeled at launch and were just holding it back. I'm halfway through the Volante missions and I dread having to complete similar stuff for every DLC car in the future.

Most Wanted 2012's airport expansion was good. Payback's speedcross expansion was good. This is just slightly above the recycled DLC tactics of Codemasters...

I think GTS has the best post-launch support philosophy. The cars are free, unlike in NFS where the only free cars are clones of existing ones, always available and you can get them through progression, not timed events like in Forza. However, it must also be said that GTS had a rocky launch and free updates was PD's way of amending the bad start.

Speaking of Codemasters, I'm pretty sure the new GRID has a returning track as DLC... Even in Forza Horizon there were returning cars as DLC. Not the best approach to such content. EA deserves criticism for doing the same.

Speaking of Codemasters, I'm pretty sure the new GRID has a returning track as DLC... Even in Forza Horizon there were returning cars as DLC. Not the best approach to such content. EA deserves criticism for doing the same.

As for Codemasters, I'm pretty sure all the 2 tracks released so far are returning tracks from Grid Autosport. Even the previous paid DLC Lancia Delta looks to be a model port with minor upgrades.

Back