Need For Speed: HOT PURSUIT 2

• Thread starter Supra897
  • 8 comments
Angelus897
Liquidator897
Hey I just checked out Gamespot.com and they had a small preview of Need For Speed: HOT PURSUIT 2 for PS2 which will be released Q2 2002. The game looks up to the level of TEST DRIVE for PS2, and sports such cars as BMW M5, Ferrari F50, Porsche Carerra GT, and more. I don't know about you but I was a fan of NFS since the 1st one hit the PSX. It will feature at least 12 tracks, and of course the famous HOT PURSUIT mode. Note that I own GT3, and like it very much, but I don't mind running from cops, and no game has done a better job of doing that than NFS. Go check it out.

I never understood hot pursuit. You're still on a circular track. Why dont the cops just turn around?

Anyhow. I dont get much excitement from running from cops in video games. Real life on the other hand... Well, just ask my roommate how that is...

I did like smugglers run for about 2 hours.

This of course explains why these cars arent in GT3.

i agree with vat_man... I like the running in cop mood thing... It adds a bit of excitement that other games lack... i will be checking this out, probably will join my PS2 game collection.

Originally posted by Supra897
Hey I just checked out Gamespot.com and they had a small preview of Need For Speed: HOT PURSUIT 2 for PS2 which will be released Q2 2002. The game looks up to the level of TEST DRIVE for PS2, and sports such cars as BMW M5, Ferrari F50, Porsche Carerra GT, and more. I don't know about you but I was a fan of NFS since the 1st one hit the PSX. It will feature at least 12 tracks, and of course the famous HOT PURSUIT mode. Note that I own GT3, and like it very much, but I don't mind running from cops, and no game has done a better job of doing that than NFS. Go check it out.
I found some pics on this game check it out:::

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Doesnt look to good to me tho:(

They are probably just early screenshots. Porshe looked better than that did, so I figure this too will be improved. Those shots have no Antialiasing either. Too jaggy looking.
On the flip side, EA games always have the worst game engines of late. Nothing works reliably, and they never release patches. I think I'll pass on this unless it's has a PS2 port.

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
They are probably just early screenshots. Porshe looked better than that did, so I figure this too will be improved. Those shots have no Antialiasing either. Too jaggy looking.
On the flip side, EA games always have the worst game engines of late. Nothing works reliably, and they never release patches. I think I'll pass on this unless it's has a PS2 port.
True about being the early screenshots but gt3's first shots still (i think) looked better than that.;)

Hmmm, I just looked around and relaized I was mistaken. I was under the assumption that those were PC screens. That looks terrible for a PS2 game.:mad: EA really isn't the company it used to be.
Those car models are the worst, they look like higher Resolution PS1 graphics.

Back