Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered Revealed, Arrives November 6

Here is a visual comparison released by EA. The first screenshot for each area is based on the 2010 release and the other is from the remastered version.

9-a.jpg

9-b.jpg

7-a.jpg

7-b.jpg

2-a.jpg

2-b.jpg

5-a.jpg

5-b.jpg

So I seen this is £35.00

That just seems really steep for what this game is no?

Does anyone have the pc version from back then, what does that look like on its highest settings?

Last edited:
So I seen this is £35.00

That just seems really steep for what this game is no?

Does anyone have the pc version from back then, what does that look like on its highest settings?

The comparison screenshots at the top of this page is made with the PC version of HP2010 on max settings at 1080p.

Last edited:
Hmm I don't remember the game world being that sparse on the PS3 version. Then again I tend not to notice trackside objects when driving at 200 mph :lol:

I still maintain that, if you got a working older console and the original copy, it's pointless to buy a remaster. But each to their own. I'll wait for the full fat NFS when it's released.

I'm still a bit split. On one hand, I already got the Platinum on the PS3 version. On the other hand, it's arguably one of the most fun NFS games I've ever played, and there do seem to be some new stuff they're adding besides the graphical tweaks, like the new wraps and the revised photomode, as well as reports of new achievements. So I'll see what else gets offered. Besides, I never bought the Lamborghini or Porsche DLC, either.

Last edited:
I'm still a bit split. On one hand, I already got the Platinum on the PS3 version. On the other hand, it's arguably one of the most fun NFS games I've ever played, and there do seem to be some new stuff they're adding besides the graphical tweaks, like the new wraps and the revised photomode, as well as reports of new achievements. So I'll see what else gets offered. Besides, I never bought the Lamborghini or Porsche DLC, either.
Achievement wise, it's the same as PS3 with a few exclusions.

The six trophies removed are:

Graffiti - Create a ‘New Post’ or ‘Write a Reply’ on the Wall
Share the Dream - Share a Dreamshot to the Wall
Socialite - Have 5 or more NFS Friends
Share the Joy - Dreamshot a BMW and share it with your Friends
Show Off - Take a photo of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS and share it with your friends
Pin-Up - Take 3 pictures of the Lamborghini Countach

Achievement wise, it's the same as PS3 with a few exclusions.

The six trophies removed are:

Graffiti - Create a ‘New Post’ or ‘Write a Reply’ on the Wall
Share the Dream - Share a Dreamshot to the Wall
Socialite - Have 5 or more NFS Friends
Share the Joy - Dreamshot a BMW and share it with your Friends
Show Off - Take a photo of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS and share it with your friends
Pin-Up - Take 3 pictures of the Lamborghini Countach
Interesting - I wonder why those particular trophies/achievements were removed? And where was this confirmed?

EDIT: I actually don't think I'll be getting this one. As much fun as I had with the original, I just don't see this adding enough for me - and not that it should, as it's still good that this game is being brought to another generation of players. Plus, I think it's a great idea on EA's part to have these gap years filled in by remasters, whether it's Burnout Paradise or NFS Hot Pursuit 2010. I really hope NFS 2021 is good, and I think there are signs that it will be, even though we know virtually nothing about it.

Last edited:
I quoted you, but I have nothing against your comment. It's just a general behavior. It looks like nobody wants a new NFS game anymore. :)

No offense taken. Opinions are like nipples, everyone has one. :)

You did mention you haven't played those first games and I'm old enough to remember NFS Road And Track being Test Drive 2 The Duel killer.

Quick memo of those early games:

Need For Speed Road And Track (1994)
* Quite few cars and tracks but that was the name of games back then
* Dashboards
* Working handbrake
* Quite neat 3D pixel graphics. Test Drive (not meaning that horrible Test Drive 3) games had 2D graphics
* Driving illegal fast on public roads and they had cops who put some effort. And they did look scary in rear view mirror.
* Even years after the sense of speed in this game was excellent. I would say best of any of descendants of NFS series.

Need For Speed 2 (1997)
* No police cars
* Improved graphics, new cars, new tracks. With cheat codes you got to drive npc cars and tuned up cars.
* Game modes had arcade and simulation though they had no really difference. Individual races, knockout races and cup races.
* At least one snow track but that didn't affect on grip.
* Special Edition version added one track and one car and ability to mirror and reverse all tracks. SE also introduced support of 3d graphic cards which made graphics even more impressive
* First time you were able to drive with your friend through internet connection.

Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (1998)
* Police cars were back and had police chase missions with ramming and spike strip traps.
* Some tracks had night and working headlights for cars.
* Dashboards still exist but depending of pc system it may not have supported dashes or they were quite ugly. One unofficial patch allowed do use 2D dashes and 3d graphics.
* I think first time they had dlc cars and they were free of charge. Later communities made own cars and even tracks.

Need For Speed 4: High Stakes (1999)
* Game got damage for parts and they also visually got dented slightly.
* All tracks from NFS Hot Pursuit III and many new tracks. And free DLC cars.
* Again new cars and community of players made tons of new cars and tracks.
* Neat 2D dashboards were switched to less good looking 3D dashboards, but they were still quite OK.

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed. (2000)
* Game serie peaked here. It was sophisticated racing came with some simulatorish modes and moderate arcade touch.
* Porsches were beautiful. Working indicators, lights, horn, handbrakes and such. 3D dashboards did look worse than in NFS 4 though.
* Career mode as Porsche test driver or by era of first Porsches. You were able to buy and fix damaged cars and heavily wrecking one of your own did really hurt your budget in game too. Entering new eras you were delighted to see those cars you earlier bought had multiplied their value. Like in real life, some didn't.
* It was also end of chapter for this serie and after this game, they have made quite bad arcade games.

I did download demo of Need For Speed 6: Hot Pursuit 2 and I immediately disliked it. Unrealistic feel of driving, no dashboards and rubber banding rivals.
It took fortunately less time to uninstall it than install.

Fun game become riceraceboys bedwetting dream with no dashboards, drifting competitions, outstanding unrealistic driving feel, bullet time boosts for even more unrealistic driving, stupid plastic tuning cars, stupid illegal tuning car subculture and really horrible game story. Racing games doesn't need story. That is my opinion.

I have bought couple of NFS games since that for Playstation console as arcade play, but oh dear they were still horrible. Dodge Charger and Chevrolet Camaro didn't save these games...

Rant over.

Last edited:
You did mention you haven't played those first games and I'm old enough to remember NFS Road And Track being Test Drive 2 The Duel killer.
Actually I played every NFS except the first one Road and Track. And NFS 2 was possibly the first PlayStation racing game I bought. NFS, Toca and GranTurismo were the only racers that I played for months. But I never got any preferences. The series going the arcade way is something that I accepted and usually enjoy playing the new games too. Even games like Undercover or 2015. I played those a lot too. It's just that.. those are old games and belong to the past. Like this remaster. It's a good arcade recer, but it's the same game. If this is enough to make fans happy then I'm fine.
I just want Heat 2 or whatever route it will take this time.

I just checked my PS4 pre-ordered and apparently the game is only playable tomorrow at 9am instead of tonight at midnight.

Last edited:
Crossplay not available at launch for Xbox apparently:

I'll probably skip this for now and pick it up when it is on sale on Switch or Xbox.

Enjoying it, getting re-use to its Burnout physics. Audio stuttering issues are a bit annoying, really noticeable at top of a gear.

Would definitely suggest you set Graphics to Performance over Quality. I don't really see enough of a graphics increase with 4K @ 30FPS to offset how much smoother it runs at 1080P @ 60FPS. The game has definitely aged a bit even as a remaster, but it's still fun & visual satisfying for what it is.

Edit* Forgot how difficult some of the time trials can be, really got have a good run going to score the Gold. Should be easier after a couple more hours of re-adjusting to the physics, so just settling for Silvers for now.

Last edited:
Here is a visual comparison released by EA. The first screenshot for each area is based on the 2010 release and the other is from the remastered version.

9-a.jpg

9-b.jpg

7-a.jpg

7-b.jpg

2-a.jpg

2-b.jpg

5-a.jpg

5-b.jpg
I forgot how good the original looked. it was one of the few PS3 games I owned that I thought looked amazing, and the original does still hold up.

Could be, I had only Gran Turismo 3 and couple WRC games with PS2.

Oh yes, PS2 got a bespoke version. I bought the Xbox version and wondered why it wasn't the wonderful game I knew with better graphics and then the internet confirmed it was handled by a different studio.

I've picked up the game today (for Xbox One X) and I'm really surprised how enjoyable it is...

I remember it from 10 years ago when I've tried it on PC but I've never really played it much. As far as I remember one of the Shift games was released around the same time and I went this way so now the remaster of HP is kinda new game for me.

Your mistake was playing the PC version and not the infinitely superior PS2 release.

Every console release before Underground (when they finally unified the PC and home console versions) were better than the PC versions.

Weirdly enough, EA thought PC gamers didn't deserve polished and well packaged games, just simulation. EA Canada made the first four NFS on consoles, but even when they switched to PC for the Porsche version (Eden Games made the PSX one), they followed the path of the previous NFS releases on PC (made by EA Seattle).

NFS HP2 for the PS2 was made by Black Box, haven't tried it, but make sense it's the superior version.

Every console release before Underground (when they finally unified the PC and home console versions) were better than the PC versions.

Weirdly enough, EA thought PC gamers didn't deserve polished and well packaged games, just simulation. EA Canada made the first four NFS on consoles, but even when they switched to PC for the Porsche version (Eden Games made the PSX one), they followed the path of the previous NFS releases on PC (made by EA Seattle).

NFS HP2 for the PS2 was made by Black Box, haven't tried it, but make sense it's the superior version.

Wait, I thought it's common knowledge that the more sim oriented Porsche Unleashed is the better version?

I always rued missing playing this version because I played everything on PS1 until UG when I started moving to PC.

Wait, I thought it's common knowledge that the more sim oriented Porsche Unleashed is the better version?

I always rued missing playing this version because I played everything on PS1 until UG when I started moving to PC.

The PC version has better physics but extremely poor presentation and HUD and a lack of care to detail. In the first game you got custom menu, music and racing tracks for each era. As much as I love Rom di Prisco, Saki Kaskas and Crispin Hands music, the PS1 version only use them when they were needed. If you are trying to represent each era of the 50 years Porsche has been around, the drum and bass trance of Rom di Prisco doesn't quite fit driving a 550 speedster.

.... As much as I love Rom di Prisco, Saki Kaskas and Crispin Hands music, the PS1 version only use them when they were needed. If you are trying to represent each era of the 50 years Porsche has been around, the drum and bass trance of Rom di Prisco doesn't quite fit driving a 550 speedster.

Uh...who forces to listen crap music when driving classic cars? :)

The PC version has better physics but extremely poor presentation and HUD and a lack of care to detail. In the first game you got custom menu, music and racing tracks for each era. As much as I love Rom di Prisco, Saki Kaskas and Crispin Hands music, the PS1 version only use them when they were needed. If you are trying to represent each era of the 50 years Porsche has been around, the drum and bass trance of Rom di Prisco doesn't quite fit driving a 550 speedster.

Fair enough, interesting way to look at what makes a version better. I agree the different era's menu music in the PS1 version is amazing. You just don't see games with that level of care into their soundtracks anymore. If only there is a version with PC physics and PS1 menu/HUD/music.

If only there is a version with PC physics and PS1 menu/HUD/music.

That would be fantastic. I love Eden Games Vrally physics, very nice suspension. But they were a bit weird in some parts and collision physics were a disaster.

Although no matter what pre-Black Box NFS you choose, every single one has better physics than Ghost NFS.

That would be fantastic. I love Eden Games Vrally physics, very nice suspension. But they were a bit weird in some parts and collision physics were a disaster.

Although no matter what pre-Black Box NFS you choose, every single one has better physics than Ghost NFS.

Vrally felt too bouncy for me. CMR was better but I definitely loved the (proper) track editor in Vrally 2.

PS1 era NFS physics were definitely better than Ghost. Black Box wasn't too bad though (with the exception of Undercover). And I believe I'm in the minority who likes MW 2012 physics (but not HP 2010).

Back