Need for Speed Payback Leads an Impressive Week for UK Racing Game Sales

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 14, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

potvinsuks, Lord Kacperov and marcvic like this.
  2. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Mass Effect Andromeda bomb, EA acquiring Respawn, Battlefront 2 controversy, Need for Speed getting loot boxes.

EA are having a jolly year, aren't they?

Need4Speed685 and JakeMR2 like this.
  3. Lord Kacperov

Lord Kacperov

Hmm, GT Sport falling back to 9th is a bit worrying. Hopefully it can bounce back. It seems it has found a sales rival in NFS: Payback too.

I wonder how many copies GTS and FM7 have sold worldwide.

potvinsuks likes this.
  4. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

EA will be EA, no surprise there.

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  5. potvinsuks

potvinsuks

I've always wondered just how many copies, or should I say, how many more copies of GTS would be sold if it were available on PC as well.

6. yas

yas

Loot boxes, car upgrades with cards... How is this thing even selling? Can only assume its because the previous one wasn't that bad and a good marketing machine.

7. Moglet

Moglet Premium

It's because for most people it isn't that bad. The gameplay is fun, cars can be customised a huge amount and if you get lucky with the RNG there isn't that much grinding either. I'm planning to pick it up in the Black Friday sales as Ghost have said they're working on Speed Card and car upgrade progression changes based on feedback.

EDIT: Also most people who buy it won't even realise that the game is guiding them towards gambling, paying for upgrades and a loot box system

torque99 likes this.
  8. inCloud

inCloud

In fact, its not that grindy at all. You need to grind for cards if you want to be competitive in PvP, but story can be done with buy-able performance cards. The most rare items are cosmetics(tire smoke, hydraulics, nos color) from lootboxes witch you can buy with irl currency or gain as lvlup and daily challenge award.

Its better than the previous one, almost as grindy but better feature wise.