Need for Speed Payback Won't Feature Toyota Road Cars Either

First Forza 7 and now this! What's next Toyota forcing the developers of Project Cars 2 to remove their Toyotas, that better not happen! Let's hope that there will be a Toyota DLC pack for both Forza 7 and NFS Payback in the future.

First Forza 7 and now this! What's next Toyota forcing the developers of Project Cars 2 to remove their Toyotas, that better not happen! Let's hope that there will be a Toyota DLC pack for both Forza 7 and NFS Payback in the future.

Yeah, none of what you wrote is happening.

no Toyota... who cares? I don't need to be driving a Camry in video games.
Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg

Yeah, none of what you wrote is happening.

I was looking at the car last st on the PC2 website and didn't see the GT86 roadcar or Rocket Bunny version in the list. All the other Toyota cars are present but not the road cars. The GT4 GT86 Rocket Bunny is present though.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=en

They USED to make the Supra, Celica, and AE86.

As far as any current cars go, the GT86 is the only one worth putting in a game.
What does them being vehicles of the past have to do with what was said? No one but yourself is restricting it to only current vehicles.

I'm curious how the Microsoft deal is affecting this. I'm starting to suspect that its something related to that deal and not Toyota. Not so much an exclusive obviously but rather Microsoft not wanting to promote Toyota vehicles that don't feature their connectivity. Wish there was someone inside who could elaborate on the reason. At least in the case of Porsche it was clear; EA owned the rights.

I'm curious how the Microsoft deal is affecting this. I'm starting to suspect that its something related to that deal and not Toyota. Not so much an exclusive obviously but rather Microsoft not wanting to promote Toyota vehicles that don't feature their connectivity. Wish there was someone inside who could elaborate on the reason. At least in the case of Porsche it was clear; EA owned the rights.

If that was the case, then why is Toyota pretty much shutting out Microsoft as well when it comes to production cars? The only race cars of note for FM7 are Iron Man Stewart's baja truck, the Eagle MK.III, the TS040, and the TS020.

This absolutely reeks of Toyota shooting themselves in the foot. Believe me, if there was a backdoor Microsoft deal in place, people would spot it right away, and there'd be a whole hell of a lot of noise considering we're going right back to the reductive business practices of Porsche and EA.

What does them being vehicles of the past have to do with what was said? No one but yourself is restricting it to only current vehicles.

Not so. I was just following the verb tense that was being employed:

"that's what I thought. Toyota makes corolla and camry. they make other cars?"

Answered with:

"ummm Supra, Celica, GT86, AE86?"

I just enjoy pointing out that Toyota sucks right now, that's all ;)

Not so. I was just following the verb tense that was being employed:

"that's what I thought. Toyota makes corolla and camry. they make other cars?"

Answered with:

"ummm Supra, Celica, GT86, AE86?"

I just enjoy pointing out that Toyota sucks right now, that's all ;)
Yet, again, you're the only one restricting it to a time frame. So yeah, its your preference, but not entirely relevant to what was being said. That they don't make them currently is neither here nor there.

So what's the best conspiracy theory then? Kaz doing some dirty work? :)

I doubt any exclusivity deals are in place, pCARS 2 still has the road going GT86 and a range of Toyotas have been added to Assoluto Racing recently.

Could Porsche be the reason to why Toyota(s) won't appear in this game alongside with other games that don't have Toyotas?

So what's the best conspiracy theory then? Kaz doing some dirty work? :)
The best theory is that Toyota isn't happy with it's cars being modified in games and has pulled the plug on licensing its road cars. GTS and pCARS 2 obviously got Toyota road cars licensed before this all happened.

Back