Need for Speed Underground

Yo,
Just tellin everyone to dl the demo for this game. It rules literally. www.gamerevolution.com go there and dl from the second link which is a zip file so it goes faster. It just sucks when you play a hacker. I was ownin this guy then he beat me I saw him crash and out of nowhere he won the race. In the demo you get some sikk custamized 350z's(also online play).
Peace,
Da Bains

Wow, you've succesfully posted this in the wrong forum. Go to the admin. options box in the bottom left-hand corner of your browser once you've scrolled down and choose "Move/Copy Thread" and move it to Gaming in General. Thank you.

I thought the game sucked... both in playing and graphics, plus the demo I got only let me use one car. Waiting for GT4... :banghead:

Nick:banghead:

VIP YOUR KIDDING ME!!! TURN UP UR DISPLAY SETTTINGS!!!! You gotta increase the rez turn on motion blur and reflections to feel the real effect!!!

Attachments

• n4sug3.jpg
    n4sug3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 352
Originally posted by drawingdeep
VIP YOUR KIDDING ME!!! TURN UP UR DISPLAY SETTTINGS!!!! You gotta increase the rez turn on motion blur and reflections to feel the real effect!!!

I believe if you read this again you will be able to tell from his first sentance fragment that he was not kidding. ;)

As for me, I only wish I had a computer that could run an emulated version of pong, let alone that game. :(

It's not that it's the stupid cars too the detail sucks because they didn't put enough time into it... Take a look at a comparison between GT3 and NFSUG. I hate it when it looks like thin sheet metal that's been formed.

Nick
zombie.gif

Ok,
In GT3 you can't feel any motion but in n4sug when you hit the nos this is all you see.(I think the pic took some of the blur away)

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 338
Ok,
In GT3 you can't feel any motion but in n4sug when you hit the nos this is all you see.(I think the pic took some of the blur away)
Yeah but does GT3 have nos, didn't think so. Hitting nos at high speed will jolt you so of course you can "feel" the motion.

I just played the demo and thought it was alright. The handling was a little on the shi* side, but the sound and graphic's are some of the best I've heard/seen.

👍 👎

Ok,

:eek::eek:You say that when they blur the image like that you can "feel" motion? My question to you is how can you feel motion from those crappy graphics and driving system when you have a 10x better graphics and driving system in GT3 and can't even feel it there? I think you need to play GT3 a little more, and I also think you need to get a mod to move the thread to the right place...

I've just seen the NFSU website. I'm sorry to say that it's that kind of thing that gives real car tuners and enthusiasts a bad name. Of course I can see how people would like NFSU, but I can't believe that car manafacturers want to associate themselves with a game like that. It makes me weep.

All hail Gran Turismo :bowdown:
granturismo.gif

This game looks like crap. The graphics look like total ****, jaggies everywhere. And rice isn't really my thing...well, that much rice anyway.

👎

Well, I know I just posted saying that this game was a travesty, but I thought that as I hadn't even played it I shouldn't judge it. So I am downloading it now to test on my new(ish) PC which absolutely annihilates graphics and spits them out the back. I'll post again and tell you what I think of it.:)

EDIT: How come it's soooo slow to download? Anyone know anywhere which provides fast downloads?

Just because they "throw" a game together like Midnight club racing 2 and give it better graphics to make it more real and say oh yeah the cars are customizable doesn't mean it may do well against all the other typical racing games but to say it's gonna get any where near GT is stupid.

Nick
zombie.gif

GT isn't a great game. It might be better if they actualy went to a diff system like xbox. It would look way better on xbox. And chacer fan go to www.gamerevolution.com and its the 2nd link they give that goes super fast. O ya a lil bit of news. There was some asian cocky motha ****a who said his FR cars could own charges in a 1/4 mile. Lets just say he raced a sting ray and had a reaction time of 17.9s while the sting ray had 2.3s :) .

hey when i try to put motion blur and the crowd it does not work they are locked and like in this post number 4 the guy says to raise the resolution to turn on the blur and the crowd well i think that does not work dude

Originally posted by Integra Type R
Why are you people still comparing an Arcade racer to a Simulation game?

Agreed. I've finished playing the game (NFSU) and it really is just any another arcade racer. The developers have thrown in as many graphical tricks as possible and packed it full of garishly coloured cars and over the top bodykits in the hope that it will attract those that are into the latest fad of the moment. And of course they're probably raking in the money too. Who can blame them for it? Games like this always make me think of the the arcade magnate, Vanderhaus (I think) from Wayne's World.

Subtlety is not a word that anyone could use to a game like this. Get in the car, open the throttle and don't release until you're over the line. I was driving a 350Z, I could have been piloting an F22 or driving an F1 powerboat, the driving experience was just so numb.

The beauty of a game like Gran Turismo is the feel of the car you drive. You can feel the weight of the car through the d-pad, you have to really think about how you're going enter and exit a corner, you can feel every car's driving characteristics. It's such a pure experience. I am actually looking forward so much to being able to drive a 1960s Datsun Bluebird in stock trim, I'm not sure I would be saying the same had that car, or others like it, had been in NFSU.

Everybody has there own subjective opinions about what constitutes a great game and therefore nobody is right or wrong about a game being good or not. But for me, racing games are all about the pleasure you get from the feel of the car you drive and adjusting your driving style to suit different cars, and you generally don't get this kind of experience from games like NFSU.

But as Type-R said, one's an 'arcade racer' and one's a 'simulation' (almost), the only thing these games (GT/NFS) have common is that you drive are cars in them, apart from that they're in completely separate leagues.

Originally posted by Viper Zero
He probably didn't turn on anti-aliasing.
Yeah, it still looks like crap though. Especially that blue effect. It looks like its travelling at warp speed or something. Something you'd expect from a space game.

Originally posted by chaser_fan
Agreed. I've finished playing the game (NFSU) and it really is just any another arcade racer. The developers have thrown in as many graphical tricks as possible and packed it full of garishly coloured cars and over the top bodykits in the hope that it will attract those that are into the latest fad of the moment. And of course they're probably raking in the money too. Who can blame them for it? Games like this always make me think of the the arcade magnate, Vanderhaus (I think) from Wayne's World.

Subtlety is not a word that anyone could use to a game like this. Get in the car, open the throttle and don't release until you're over the line. I was driving a 350Z, I could have been piloting an F22 or driving an F1 powerboat, the driving experience was just so numb.

The beauty of a game like Gran Turismo is the feel of the car you drive. You can feel the weight of the car through the d-pad, you have to really think about how you're going enter and exit a corner, you can feel every car's driving characteristics. It's such a pure experience. I am actually looking forward so much to being able to drive a 1960s Datsun Bluebird in stock trim, I'm not sure I would be saying the same had that car, or others like it, had been in NFSU.

Everybody has there own subjective opinions about what constitutes a great game and therefore nobody is right or wrong about a game being good or not. But for me, racing games are all about the pleasure you get from the feel of the car you drive and adjusting your driving style to suit different cars, and you generally don't get this kind of experience from games like NFSU.

But as Type-R said, one's an 'arcade racer' and one's a 'simulation' (almost), the only thing these games (GT/NFS) have common is that you drive are cars in them, apart from that they're in completely separate leagues.
Well said Chaser :cheers: I could not have said it better myself. ;)

Nicee chaser, The only racing game I really liked was Sega GT 2003. It was really cool but simulation can be a ***** at times. I used the 350Z init and when you did turns it felt really heavy unlike my favorite car Super Light Super 7!!! O ya does anyone kno how to burn GT to xbox?
Peace,
Da Bains

I played the full version, the store version, of this game at SEMA last week. I like it, so did everyone else.

I think its funny that the wannabe tuners and "drifters" here think it gives them a bad name when the most respected tuning companies, racers, etc loved the game at SEMA. **** your name, youve got no name, everyone knows its just a game, not real life. Anyone who thinks this game has **** to do with real life needs to pry thier ass off the computer.
Just because you play GT and modify some German guys photos doesnt make you a tuner.

End rant.

Back