Need help on Test w/Spoon S2000

• Thread starter Mike141
  • 6 comments
I need help passing the license test with the spoon S2000 in New York. I cannot seem to catch the oppenent and the closest I can get to him is about 8 sec. Any tips that you can provide for this test? Thanks

Also...don't use the steering wheel. I tried like 20 times with the wheel and I wasn't able to beat the other s2000. I tried it with the controller, and I was able to beat it within 4 tries...

I'll have a look at my replay for this test and give you more precise help.

But generally what works for me on New York are these tips:

• Take a sharper apex (rather than simply rounding the turn) at the first square hairpin - this should get you a faster top speed on the upcoming long straight (this probably won't work for all driving styles)
  • On the upper straight (leading to the roundabout) is a place where you can gain a lot of speed - you just have to take the 2 corners prior to the straight correctly. Brake more on Turn 8 so you can get a nice, straighter line for Turn 9 and the long straight.
  • Lastly, taking the end of the roundabout before the straight is crucial. The faster you exit that turn, the faster overall you go down that main straight.
  • The draft is important to because when you are going fast, the draft has the ability too slingshot you around the car you are following.

Hopefully, I'll get back to you later this evening. You can have that in the meantime.

Originally posted by evaoni
Also...don't use the steering wheel. I tried like 20 times with the wheel and I wasn't able to beat the other s2000. I tried it with the controller, and I was able to beat it within 4 tries...

I beat it with the wheel and the bugged version of GT4P, with still 17 seconds below gold, so it's not that hard. ;) The tips above are pretty spot on.

Thanks Arwin. :)

I saw my replay and boy was it UGLY. I hit a few walls (light taps, but enough to slow you down) and still managed to get gold by 10 seconds.

For gold, you're going to have to pass by Turn 3 - the lead Spoon rounds Turn 3 at about 2'30 and gold is given at 2'40. I passed the lead car halfway up the straight between Turn 2 and Turn 3. I estimate Arwin passed the lead Spoon at Turn 2 or slightly thereafter.

And for your tips specifically, you should definetly watch the guide video (Headphone Option) - don't forget to change the view of the replay to the view that you normally drive in while it's playing. Secondly, it sounds like your problem lies in one (or all) of three areas:

• Your line is not efficient enough
  • You're braking too much - too slow during a turn
  • Or you could be braking erratically - you want to slow to the correct turning speed for the corner in one application of the brakes and then gas it out of the turn in one fluid go as well

I hope that helps out.

Big tip for this test: Manual Transmission!

I know most people already use it and I usually do as well, but for some reason a started trying this test in AT for many, many times and couldn't get very close (maybe 2'47 or so). I switched to MT and it made a HUGE difference, only took about 3 more tries. I used the wheel too, BTW. I think this is one of those tests where the wheel has an advantage over the DS2, especially for the roundabout before the final straight.

Back