• 18 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
This is really winding me up, I cannot for the life of me get a car to feel comfortable around the 'Ring.

I get pretty close, but as soon as I adjust another parameter I'm back to square one. It is rare that I manage to set a clean lap because try as I might, I will eventually fly off the track at some point and ruin things. I've tried all manner of soft springs, hard springs, soft damper, hard dampers, soft/hard compression/extension, no camber, lots of camber, toe out, toe in, anti roll bars all over the place... I just feel like I'm fiddling around with settings for nothing.

I had the same issue with Forza 7, so I started a thread and RPM Bibblefish was kind enough to basically just tell me what to do here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/help-me-become-better-at-tuning.383052/#post-12531657

I tried to translate that information over to GT6 but because the formats used are totally different in many aspects, it makes no sense and thus doesn't work.

Reading tuning guides doesn't help me because, embarrassing as it is, I suffer from Adult Attention Deficit Disorder, and before I even get half way through a guide I can't focus any more and just get frustrated with reading.

Can someone please just tell me what to do? Please God I beg you :(
At least give me a rough idea of what the base settings should be and I can go from there (as I did with Bibblfish's advice and created some brilliant tunes).

I drive all manner of cars and drive trains around it; Skylines, GT-R, Zonda R, LMPs, Touring cars, MR, FR, AWD, RR road cars...

Please help me. I beg you again.
Thank you for your time.

This is really winding me up, I cannot for the life of me get a car to feel comfortable around the 'Ring.

I get pretty close, but as soon as I adjust another parameter I'm back to square one. It is rare that I manage to set a clean lap because try as I might, I will eventually fly off the track at some point and ruin things. I've tried all manner of soft springs, hard springs, soft damper, hard dampers, soft/hard compression/extension, no camber, lots of camber, toe out, toe in, anti roll bars all over the place... I just feel like I'm fiddling around with settings for nothing.

I had the same issue with Forza 7, so I started a thread and RPM Bibblefish was kind enough to basically just tell me what to do here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/help-me-become-better-at-tuning.383052/#post-12531657

I tried to translate that information over to GT6 but because the formats used are totally different in many aspects, it makes no sense and thus doesn't work.

Reading tuning guides doesn't help me because, embarrassing as it is, I suffer from Adult Attention Deficit Disorder, and before I even get half way through a guide I can't focus any more and just get frustrated with reading.

Can someone please just tell me what to do? Please God I beg you :(
At least give me a rough idea of what the base settings should be and I can go from there (as I did with Bibblfish's advice and created some brilliant tunes).

I drive all manner of cars and drive trains around it; Skylines, GT-R, Zonda R, LMPs, Touring cars, MR, FR, AWD, RR road cars...

Please help me. I beg you again.
Thank you for your time.
You said you get pretty close, but as soon as I adjust another parameter I'm back to square one. Do you write down the who tune on paper or a computer, so if you make changes on the car setting and it is not right you can revert back to the original tune on paper or on the computer, and do you do this ?.
On this GT6 Tuning forum you will find some good tunes to find for the Ring, and remember when you find a tune write the who tune down on paper or pc, so you do not go back to square one if you make changes to that car.

You said you get pretty close, but as soon as I adjust another parameter I'm back to square one

Yeah I don't want to over sell myself on that point. What I mean is the car becomes slightly less neurotic, but nowhere near good enough...

Yeah I don't want to over sell myself on that point. What I mean is the car becomes slightly less neurotic, but nowhere near good enough...
When I find a tune on here it may never suit my driving style, but I write it down and make changes on the car settings in 2 parameter at a time like with the springs for example. never make big changes always go in 2 parameter settings.

Try this tune below and this is from the forum, and it is for the Ring.
Mazda 787B '91

Performance Points:

600PP

Max. Power:

461 BHP

Weight:

900 kg

Weight Distribution (F/R):

49 / 51

Tires

Tires (Front):

Racing: Hard

Tires (Rear):

Racing: Hard

Parts & Modifications

Improve Body Rigidity

Suspension

Ride Height (F/R):

90 / 90

Spring Rate (F/R):

14.25 / 16.20

Dampers - Comp. (F/R):

4 / 4

Dampers - Ext. (F/R):

4 / 4

Anti-Roll Bars (F/R):

7 / 7

Toe Angle (F/R):

0.00 / 0.15

Brake Balance (F/R):

6 / 5

Transmission

Max. Speed: 5.500

240 kph

1st Gear:

2nd Gear:

3rd Gear:

4th Gear:

5th Gear:

Final Gear:

Drivetrain

Initial Torque (F/R):

/ 5

Accel. Sensitivity (F/R):

/ 9

Braking Sensitivity (F/R):

/ 20

Power

Power Limiter:

58.4%

Ballast Weight: 70kg

Downforce (F/R):

600 / 850

Last edited:
I really suggest that when you choose a car, try three settings suggested from this site, (ie, A, B and C) and see which one suits your style. That's what we've been doing over the last few days of our isolation and now have a '70 Cuda and '13 Viper that have been set up for the styles of three people.

Can I ask what car you you prefer for The Green Hell? I go for a mid-level AWD like a Syline or a Subie, my driver just did it for his first time on the track in a 1000+hp Viper and won. I'f I'd tried the same it would require a change of underwear so it really does depend on the individual driver.

Try this tune below and this is from the forum

I will give it a look as soon as I’m back on GT.
Thank you.

PF
Can I ask what car you you prefer for The Green Hell?.

I don’t have many issues when using a car like the 458 Italia, R34 Skyline etc in stock form. But when I want to try out a Bentley Speed 8, Shulze Motorsport GT-R, Audi R8 LMS (or any other “race car”), it’s a disaster.

I will give it a look as soon as I’m back on GT.
Thank you.

I don’t have many issues when using a car like the 458 Italia, R34 Skyline etc in stock form. But when I want to try out a Bentley Speed 8, Shulze Motorsport GT-R, Audi R8 LMS (or any other “race car”), it’s a disaster.
Bentley Speed 8, Shulze Motorsport GT-R, Audi R8 LMS (or any other “race car”), it’s a disaster. You are not the only one on this, I have problems as well when the race car is well well over 600PP. The Mazda 787B '91 at the Ring is the really only car I can trust.

Try this tune below and see what you think of my tune at the Ring.

Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V '89 (650PP)
650PP
680 BHP
1,000 kgs
Weight Distribution 49 : 51
Tryes: Racing Hard
FC Suspension
F/R
85/80
14.00/14.49
2/1
1/2
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.04
Racing Brake Kit
6/3
FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 240kmh
1st 3.040
2nd 2.345
3rd 1.850
4th 1.500
5th 1.250
6th 1.064
Set final gear to 2.845 ( I don't know if the Final is right for the Ring, it may need adjusting)
FC LSD
5/8/5
Set power limiter to 75.1%
Downforce
F/R
600/680
Ballast - Set 150kgs to Position 0

I agree with my fellow skip fordlaser, but wouldn't use the 88C-V because it's probably too quick for me, and I don't have one anyway. My driver wins it with the Toyota 7 '70 with all upgrades but no change to settings (will make a post about that soon). It's a $2-mil car but is such a good credit farmer on Like the Wind #1 that we've bought a second for serious races and kept the cash cow.

I've had a look at the suspension settings and think I can do better, but find MRs hard to tune. The Toyota 7 '70 seems like the best car if you want something OP. Otherwise the R34 is an example of a very capable 'normal' car to beat the 'ring. Best of luck,

PF

Ok Rikki, my driver is not liking the 15min race at the 'ring. I've been doing all the tuning during lockdown for his style (700PP+) and have barely driven in the last 2 weeks so am way out of practice.

I have a GTR NISMO '14 that has not even been touched, maybe we could collaborate on a tune that could work for us both, possibly with the help from fordlaser and Bowtie. What to do you reckon? It's exactly the type of car I prefer but have not had the time to work on it.

PF
Ok Rikki, my driver is not liking the 15min race at the 'ring. I've been doing all the tuning during lockdown for his style (700PP+) and have barely driven in the last 2 weeks so am way out of practice.

I have a GTR NISMO '14 that has not even been touched, maybe we could collaborate on a tune that could work for us both, possibly with the help from fordlaser and Bowtie. What to do you reckon? It's exactly the type of car I prefer but have not had the time to work on it.
I don't think @Bowtie-muscle has got a GTR NISMO '14 at 650PP but he has got one at 600PP, but he might help you out soon. I can help you out tomorrow night mate.

Last edited:
I don't think @Bowtie-muscle has got a GTR NISMO '14 at 650PP but he has got one at 600PP, but he might help you out soon. I can help you out tomorrow night mate.
Cool mate, I'll do the same when I have the chance. In GT1, 4 and 5 I used a lowered front ride height and higher rear brakes, then something resembling a plate of spaghetti for the springs and adjust the rest of the suspension through testing. I'm hopeless at LSD (in automatic terms) and can't figure out the transmission methods for GT6 so we can surely help each other in some ways.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...vette-collection.311172/page-39#post-11154687

630pp killer, needs a few adjustments for the ring.
Raise ride height to 105 both front and rear.
Change dampers to 4/6 comp
6/5 ext, change ARB TO 4/3.
Lower reinforce to 5, remove ballast.

Has flat floor to improve cornering, BRAKING, and exit. Will hurt too speed, but at the ring, makes up for it every else. No need,to get up to 650pp, this will do the 15 minute race in its sleep.

Edit:
Then compare with this
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...orvette-collection.311172/page-2#post-9819231

Edit #2:
Try this if you prefer a Viper

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...vette-collection.311172/page-38#post-11133994

Last edited:
Hi if you want you can try a lot of various cars and PP in my garage https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-last-update-14-12-2017.344720/#post-11311989

Good drive and enjoy :cheers:
Hey Jerome I am still using your cars as well as @Bowtie-muscle but using my own transmission, and a minor adjustments to make the car better ;).

Edit: Hey @Bowtie-muscle I have not done those 15 minutes races as yet, because I just started GT6 a few months ago again, and I think you can win them races with 600PP or less car.

Last edited:
Hey Jerome I am still using your cars as well as @Bowtie-muscle but using my own transmission, and a minor adjustments to make the car better ;)

Edit: Hey @Bowtie-muscle I have not done those 15 minutes races as yet, because I just started GT6 a few months ago again, and I think you can win them races with 600PP or less car.

Took a 600pp Corvette with flat floor and won by 0.765. Against Racecars!!
And it takes 3 laps, 21 mins with my poor skills at the ring. Flat Floor is between 22 and 25 pp hit. So, a 600pp car without should also be able to win.

PF
Cool mate, I'll do the same when I have the chance. In GT1, 4 and 5 I used a lowered front ride height and higher rear brakes, then something resembling a plate of spaghetti for the springs and adjust the rest of the suspension through testing. I'm hopeless at LSD (in automatic terms) and can't figure out the transmission methods for GT6 so we can surely help each other in some ways.
This is a very good car to use for the Ring and it is just like going for a Sunday drive, and there is no stress evolved :).
My Great Capture Screenshot 2020-04-14 20-24-14.png

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12
PP600
Max Power: 468
Weigth: 900kg
Front/Rear Weight Dist: 50:50
Suspension:
Ride height: 85/85
Spring rate: 16.85/17.00
Dampers compression: 4/4
Dampers extension: 4/4
Anti-roll bars: 6/6
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.20/0.00
Brake balance: 8/8
Transmisson:
Set max speed to minimum (240 km/h)
1'st: 4.995
2'nd: 3.585
3'rd: 2.985
4'th: 2.500
5'th: 2.084
6'th: 1.750
Final gear: 2.350
Differential:
Initial torque: 12
Acceleration sensitivity: 11
Braking sensitivity: 5
Power: 88.5%
Body:
Downforce (600/840)
Ballast Weight: 0
Ballast Position: 0

COVID force me to stay in car - i meant in GT6.
saw praiano GT Sport Tunes YouTube Channel - awesome as always
PS3 crashed for the 2nd time last year - so, i need to rebuild all-new database.
Most of the setting are power-limited settings - since there's no more online challenges, i'm looking all-maxed out tunes.
Greeting to FordLaser & all Aliens. MCO Cup 2020! gentlemen, starts your engine - damn, all has been busy up & running.

Huayra a.k.a God of Speed
440+kmph at Piston Straight!
Clocking 1:55+ Mount Panorama with not so clean lap, of coz

Huayra '11
Tyres RH/RH
Ride 55/75
Springs 13.96/7.30
Dampers 10/1, 10/1
Anti-Roll Bar 7/1
Camber 6.0/0.0
Brake 10/9
LSD 5, 11, 55
TRANSMISSION
Initial 5.000
1st 2.762
2nd 2.272
3rd 1.831
4th 1.454
5th 1.189
6th 0.994
7th 0.865
Final 2.000
Downforce 80/220
Power All-Max
ASM-0
TC-1
ABS-1
DS3

Took a 600pp Corvette with flat floor and won by 0.765. Against Racecars!!
And it takes 3 laps, 21 mins with my poor skills at the ring. Flat Floor is between 22 and 25 pp hit. So, a 600pp car without should also be able to win.
Hey my friend I use your Corvette Stingray 575PP for the 15 minutes race at the Ring and won the race :cheers:. She is a little bit rear end happy going in the fast sweeping corners, but it is not a big issue, overall she handles good my friend but as I said the tail happy car is not a big problem :cheers:.

Back