Need Help with drift settings for RX-7 A-spec & AE86 Trueno

• Thread starter Slowbie
  • 8 comments
Hi everyone, I'm new here and am clueless with car settings. Could anyone help me setup up a drifting RX-7 A-spec and an AE86 Trueno. I intend to race them both in Trial Mountain. Kinda inspired from Initial D (finally got a hold of both with the right colors too..):)

I played with the settings of both cars and kinda messed up my RX-7. It oversteers a lot and spins all over the place.:scared: :scared: :scared:

About the AE86. I tried the settings from the previous thread and it worked. It handles very well but my problem is it handles too well. I want it to really drift especially through the downhhill u-turn in Trial Mountain. Pleas help me anyone?

is the car [R]Mazda RX7 Aspec LM Edition or Mazda RX7 Aspec '96 (J)?
normal tire or simulation or super soft?

I'll try Mazda RX7 Aspec '96 (J) with simulation tire.

Thanks sucayho. yes, my car is an RX-7 Aspec '96(J). Sorry, kinda forgot there was an LM edition too. Anyway, im using super softs. are sim tires necessary? i only tried them once and didn't like how they killed my acceleration. But if it will help to drift then i guess i'll practice with them. :)

I usually use simulation tire because it allow us to drift longer even at low speed

Is this what you need to do (5MB) ?

Try this setting bellow and let me know.

RX-7 A Spec
simulation tire
Spring Rate: 3.0 / 2.0
Ride Height: 70 / 70
Damper Bound: 10 / 10
Damper Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 3.4 / 0.0
Toe: 0.00 / 0.00
Stabilizer: 1 / 1
LSD : 56 / 56 / 56

AE86 Trueno
simulation tire, stage 2 turbo
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 2.0
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Damper Bound: 10 / 10
Damper Rebound: 10 / 10
Camber: 5.2 / 0.0
Toe: 0.00 / 0.20
Stabilizer: 1 / 1
LSD : 56 / 56 / 56

hey thanks a bunch! the settings were great especially on the RX7. Though i had to switch to hard tires to pull off decent drifts (but just short ones like halfway the U-turn unlike the long ones you did..). I'm still not used to sim tires where I always crash & burn. LOL. oh well, they're nothing a few hours of practice can't fix. anyway, thanks again.

BTW, would you mind posting again the video of that drift w/ the speedometer and and pedals on the screen? that could really help.

no problem, but this is a different video though.

How do you drift?

I drift with small counter steer and full throttle (four wheel drift). I use e-brake to initiate drift and increase angle, I counter steer-lift throttle when it about to swing too much. This is why I use such weird camber angle combination, I use camber to balance the front and rear tire traction (I like it better than tire staggering).

Hey thanks for the video. So that's how you did it.. I was curious how you made that wierd angle before the drift. I never used the e-brakes before. I drift by just brake-->hard turn-->countersteer-->gas just like in the license test so i never get to drift in hairpins. thanks! :-)

These are my current settings for the Trueno:

The suspension is semi racing:

Spring rate: default
Ride height: 100/100
Damper: 4/4
Camber: .5/.5
Toe: Default
Stabilizer: Default

Tire/Front: Super Soft
Tire/Rear : Medium

Racing Brakes
Brake Controller: 24/24

The Gears are up to you, but if you are like me and you use a 150hp 86 you should put 7 in the Auto Setup.

2way Limited Slip acording to proffesional tune up (help drifting)
ASCC: 101
TCSC: 51

My best time was of 1:33:900 (being 900 only an estimation) in Special Stage Route 5, against Luxury Sedan.

Latest Posts

Back