Neo-classical Competition Car Choice and Setup

• Thread starter coyb20
  • 142 comments
I finally beat this dammed event tonight with a Porsche 962C with this setup, on TCS 1 for all 3 races.

No fiddling with fuel map required, no short shifting either.

Did a no-stopper on Willow Springs and Red Bull Ring, Fuji I had to pit-in at the end of lap 2 or 3 for the intermediate tires and a quick refill, all races I finished with over 5 seconds of lead.

Not gonna lie, the car felt a tad bit OP but oh well..

Attachments

• 187a709875e8-8550BE6939AD9F9B1D1.25A6E0C4C95BC778_message_430626442051178_1682134539262.jpg
    187a709875e8-8550BE6939AD9F9B1D1.25A6E0C4C95BC778_message_430626442051178_1682134539262.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 187a709a32743-8550BE6939AD9F9B1D1.25A6E0C4C95BC778_message_430626443390787_1682134544495.jpg
    187a709a32743-8550BE6939AD9F9B1D1.25A6E0C4C95BC778_message_430626443390787_1682134544495.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 167
Agonisingly close just then, bought the 787b yesterday had a 4th at willows then tonight was 3rd lap 9, 3rd lap 10 then the final corner when my destroyed front left gave up, spun off coming onto final straight and landed in the pits.
Ended up 6th. The pain is real

Last edited:
Might have another go with the escudo actually, Tried it first time around as that was the best option I had. Although I cant see it being close to the 787b

Might have another go with the escudo actually, Tried it first time around as that was the best option I had. Although I cant see it being close to the 787b
I run this championship with the Escudo ( on easy level ) with a 700pp praiano version that i use it at lemans couple of days after it shows up.
Running at FM6 all races and demolished the competition .
Didn't even start the championship,just pick one race from curiosity and after that i clear the rest two easily.
Of course i don't know yet what the difference of regular and hard level are but considering that i run at 700+pp ( don't remember what tyres i use ) with one stop each race and FM6 ,i guess won't be a serious problem to clear them under a 800 pp set up at any level.

Also from my experience at lemans griding with these group C old boys ,the nissan 92cp is the faster of all that i try till now and has the second best fuel consumption behind mazda .
Didn't run the Clk and Sauber cause i don't have them .

Sorry, but I'm go hard or go home kinda mentality. Been on hard difficulty since day one. And as I discussed with snakeeyes previously,😆
I'm good for cookies.

Sorry, but I'm go hard or go home kinda mentality. Been on hard difficulty since day one. And as I discussed with snakeeyes previously,😆
I'm good for cookies.
Willow Springs is an easy win on hard level if you use McLaren longtail racecar. It's a legend car that was on sale recently for 6 mil. If all else fails wait for that to come round again

Finally beat Willow Springs. That was a tough race. The other 2 are easy. 787b for all 3. It just dominates Fuji and Red Bull. For Willow you need tons of downforce and sticky tires. Power isn't really that big of a deal on this track. I ended up using Racing Mediums and put full rear DF and front DF in the low 700s. You also need to adjust your transmission to hit 190mph. You will gain a lot of time on the AI on that big sweeping right hander that ends the lap because you can go 10-15mph faster than them through it.

BTW, I do not like Willow Springs. I think that final kink on to the straight is either modeled incorrectly or the "designers" of the actual track were sadistic. I mean the track feels like a guy with a tractor got drunk one day and decided to make a race track out in the desert, but that final kink when you are at full tilt forcing you to slow down, load up the front tires even more and cause any number of dangerous situations (running wide or having the back end come around you) is just bad design in my book.

Anyway, got 1st in all 3 of these races with the 787b on hard difficulty. I highly recommend this car.

Last edited:
I managed 1st in all three with the 95 F1 GTR on Easy and 1st 1st and 2nd at Big Willow in the 99 Skyline GT-R GT500 but it was a bit of a struggle, but it is possible to clear this menu with those cars if you don’t mind easy difficulty.

Finally beat Willow Springs. That was a tough race. The other 2 are easy. 787b for all 3. It just dominates Fuji and Red Bull. For Willow you need tons of downforce and sticky tires. Power isn't really that big of a deal on this track. I ended up using Racing Mediums and put full rear DF and front DF in the low 700s. You also need to adjust your transmission to hit 190mph. You will gain a lot of time on the AI on that big sweeping right hander that ends the lap because you can go 10-15mph faster than them through it.

BTW, I do not like Willow Springs. I think that final kink on to the straight is either modeled incorrectly or the "designers" of the actual track were sadistic. I mean the track feels like a guy with a tractor got drunk one day and decided to make a race track out in the desert, but that final kink when you are at full tilt forcing you to slow down, load up the front tires even more and cause any number of dangerous situations (running wide or having the back end come around you) is just bad design in my book.

Anyway, got 1st in all 3 of these races with the 787b on hard difficulty. I highly recommend this car.
I used the McLaren longtail to beat willow springs, but agree that the 787b is a great car. I use a 787b to run the 1.5 million WTC 800 race at Spa, detuned to 800pp but still with 900/1500 F/R downforce it has a rotational G of 2.12 on racing hards + it does about a hundred miles per gallon. Needless to say it's i my favorites.

How do you get the 787B I can’t buy it in brand central is it a legend car?

Yes it's at Legend cars.
All of them are anyway , Porsche 962 was available till yesterday, i think very soon the rest will follow with Nissan RCP and Mazda 787 be at the top in performance at 700 -800 pp races .
Also Escudo can easily " clean " that menu .
Guessing that you're a new player my advice is not to miss them when they are available at LCD .
They aren't so expensive and they belong to the " must have " category.

I get the feeling that the game, at least at the Red Bull Ring Race, reacts to what tires I put on. Everytime I got Intermediates from the beginning on, it stays bone dry for the first 2/3 of the race, and I did several races to test this. When I got RH‘s on, there even comes heavy rain in the first half of the race, this is really f‘ing me up

Hey all,

I‘ve done the Hypercar and Gr.1 Cafe Menu Books but am struggling to find cars that would work in the Neo-classical Competition. I have tried the Supra Gt500 and I cant get setup done right for that if im honest. Any advice would be appreciated for cars that fit the criteria (along with setups) and are ideally below 1,000,000 although I appreciate that’s hard with the current costs.

Thanks a lot!
Porche 962 C '88 did the trick. 1st on my first try in all three races. Got it from Legend Cars for 1.500.000 credits. Used Hard Racing tyres and power restrictor (75%) to be eligible for the race. In Willow Springs i didn't need to refuel, i just eased on the accelerator on the final lap. In other 2 races you will have to change tyres because of the rain, but everyone else will need to do it too. Mazda 787 is a bit faster on straight sections, but with good cornering you will easily outrun it.

Hey all,

I‘ve done the Hypercar and Gr.1 Cafe Menu Books but am struggling to find cars that would work in the Neo-classical Competition. I have tried the Supra Gt500 and I cant get setup done right for that if im honest. Any advice would be appreciated for cars that fit the criteria (along with setups) and are ideally below 1,000,000 although I appreciate that’s hard with the current costs.

Thanks a lot!
I have done two of the tracks in the Supra, but, currently stuck on Willow Springs. Track gets messy about five laps in the twilight. it is also a hard track on tire wear. Touch that gravel and not even the hand brake will save you. Set up is important. There isn't any way to catch the top three as they do not pit. Tank on the Supra won't allow it without pitting. I reakon, two more laps for pole, i.e. bring the total laps to twelve.

DC

Last edited:
I have done two of the tracks in the Supra, but, currently stuck on Willow Springs. Track gets messy about five laps in the twilight. it is also a hard track on tire wear. Touch that gravel and not even the hand brake will save you. Set up is important. There isn't any way to catch the top three as they do not pit. Tank on the Supra won't allow it without pitting. I reakon, two more laps for pole, i.e. bring the total laps to twelve.

DC
The events are not designed with the intent of the player always finishing P1.
It strictly is not necessary.

Back