NES Nürburgring 1 Hour. 29th December 2019

Hi guys!

Just wanted to remind you all that tomorrow is raceday! The driver splits can now be found on post #3, and the start procedure has been changed to remove the formation lap. Hope you're looking forward to the race as much as we are! :D

I have done zero practice for this. I'm assuming RH tires are useless due to less grip overall so it won't matter if they last two fuel stints. You'll lose time on track compared to saving time not changing tires.

So it's RM or RS. How many laps does fuel last?

You could have if you restarted the race. We hadn't even finished half of the first lap. I'm also not a fan of the game's qualifying mode but that's not your fault.

You could have if you restarted the race. We hadn't even finished half of the first lap. I'm also not a fan of the game's qualifying mode but that's not your fault.

We’d have had to do qualifying again since there wasn’t enough time to write down who qualified in which spot.

My 2c about this situation...

At the end of the day rules are rules and the timings for this event have been public for well over a month. Even if you’re on the reserve list you should be ready as soon as the lobby opens (or close to it) rather than waiting until the scheduled race start to turn up and expect the race to restart because you can’t arrive on time.

I can’t speak for Pro but the Am race was delayed by nearly 10 mins anyway, the lobby had been open for nearly 30 mins before qualifying so why do you think that turning up 10 mins late and expecting a restart is acceptable? Everyone else was there in time...

Sure I’d have liked to race a full lobby rather than the 10 that finished but it is what it is.

My 2c about this situation...

At the end of the day rules are rules and the timings for this event have been public for well over a month. Even if you’re on the reserve list you should be ready as soon as the lobby opens (or close to it) rather than waiting until the scheduled race start to turn up and expect the race to restart because you can’t arrive on time.

I can’t speak for Pro but the Am race was delayed by nearly 10 mins anyway, the lobby had been open for nearly 30 mins before qualifying so why do you think that turning up 10 mins late and expecting a restart is acceptable? Everyone else was there in time...

Sure I’d have liked to race a full lobby rather than the 10 that finished but it is what it is.
It sounds harsh but I agree 100%. I've had races (live streamed with commentary, which brings it's own issues like viewer-engagement) that have been delayed ages due to people rocking up late. It sucks for the organiser, everyone racing,the streamer and the audience.

My last event became more strict, generally starting at a specified time, you don't make it you don't race. Definitely the best way forward.

In PRO we also had to wait a few minutes late because someone was in the wrong lobby, not by much I think..Still had 13ppl in the race but 2 either left or dc’ed.

Back