NES (S3): Season 4 discussions etc

What should we do regarding the race start procedure?

• Change only the LMP race to rolling start

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • change both GT3 and LMP races to rolling start

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's raceday!
As usual, it would be helpful if you can confirm your presence at the event today, as it makes my job of contacting reserves easier.

Edit: Lobby is up!

Last edited:
1. JoeOfTheFire (Slightly on Fire Racing) - 25 pts
2. CrazyJohnIsHere (Nukeshot Motorsport) - 18 pts + FL
3. traels666 (Just the Two of Us) - 15 pts
4. DirtenDK (Baltic Sea Competition) - 12 pts
5. Y_bearr_ (BSC Porsche Design) - 10 pts
6. offapple (Nukeshot Motorsport) - 8 pts
7. JKLingas (Baltic Sea Competition) - 6 pts
8. gugas99 (Martini Racing) - 4 pts
9. Comptonn19 (BSC Porsche Design) - DNF

Thanks to everyone who showed up today. This post will be updated over time as various incidents and such are examined:
1st: JoeOfTheFire (+25pts)
2nd: CrazyJohn (+18pts)
3rd: Traels (+15pts)
4th: Dirten (+12pts)
5th: Y_Bearr (+10pts)
6th: OffApple (+8pts)
7th: JKLingas (+6pts)
8th: Gugas (+4pts)
DNF: Comptonn

Fastest Lap: CrazyJohn (+2pts) (1:30.033)
1st: JoeOfTheFire (+25pts)
2nd: Dirten (+18pts)
3rd: CrazyJohn (+15pts)
4th: Splurge (+12pts)
5th: Gugas (+10pts)
6th: JKLingas (+8pts)
7th: OffApple (+6pts)

Fastest Lap: Gugas (+2pts) (1:19.046)

LMP: Dirten and Splurge. Lap 3, turns 1&2. Dirten hit Splurge at turn 2 after out-braking himself at turn 1. Dirten -2pts

LMP: JKLingas and Splurge. Lap 8, turn 1. JKLingas gave position back, however mechanical damage was caused to Splurge's car. JKLingas -1pt

LMP: JKLingas and CrazyJohn. Just after CrazyJohn's 2nd stop, sector 2. JKLingas came across in the braking zone, causing Crazyjohn who was on the outside line to hit the car ahead. This resulted in CrazyJohn's car receiving mechanical damage. JKLingas -2pts and warning

LMP: JKLingas and Gugas. 2 or 3 laps after Gugas' 2nd pit stop. Gugas's race completely examined, but no incident found between him and JKLingas. The only thing remotely close we found was contact between Gugas and Dirten, although this was caused by lag so no action taken.

LMP: Gugas. Last lap pit stop. Gugas was in 4th when he pitted, and stopped in his pit garage which was ahead of the start/finish line. This means he was on the lead lap while in the pits. Joe managed to lap JKLingas before the end of the race, but not Splurge. When Gugas came out of the pits, Splurge was already up the road.
Finishing order changed from:
4th: Splurge
5th: JKLingas
6th: Gugas
To:
4th: Splurge
5th: Gugas
6th: JKLingas

Last edited:
We have around 7 LMP people who regularly show up, so you might still sign up for that category.

Just saying, half of the field are in the Porsche 919.

I’m not familiar with GR.1, my most used category is GR.3.
I’ll go for the 919.
Both of your entries will be added, however please acknowledge that you will be on the reserve lists for both categories. Due to the amount of absences we regularly have, you 'should' still be able to compete in every remaining round.

It is advised that you send me a friend request through PSN so you can join the lobbies, be invited to the community, and join the group chat.

If you have any questions or inquiries feel free to contact me or one of the admins.

On a side note, I have completed my incident investigation of Round 5, and will be waiting on @CrazyJohn to get his viewpoint. After that, the investigation results will be added to the race results post. I will more than likely be accused of being biased again, but I'm used to it by now.

Have a safe flight to Nürburgring everyone! :D

The special event has been confirmed for June 10th (the Sunday following Round 8). This event will be held on the Nürburgring's 24h layout, and will feature Gr.3/GT3 cars only. Qualifying and race start times will be identical to the Gr.3/GT3 races throughout NES S3. The BoP will still be provided by GT Sport, and the basic rules and settings from the NES carry over. The race will have a 1 hour time limit instead of the normal 40 minutes in the NES.

As this event is separate from the NES season, anyone wanting to compete must submit a new entry post for the event. You will not be bound to any cars or contracts from S3, so you can enter with whatever Gr.3/GT3 car and team up with whoever you want. The details you need to provide in your entry post are the following:
PSN username and racing number.
Team name.
Car.
Tyre manufacturer.
This entry list can be found with the others on Post #4 of this thread.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanks once again for being a part of our community, and I hope to hear from you soon! :D

Finding drivers to team with will be easier for S4, as I plan to bring back the 'driver market' feature from the past. More info on that in the future.
Out of curiosity, @Sparkz_360 will "Need For Sparks" also be your team name for the main NES?

PSN username and racing number :Umt07 #10
Team name : Tiger racing
Car : Porche 911 RSR (991) ‘17 GT3
Tyre manufacturer : Michelin

The special event has been confirmed for June 10th (the Sunday following Round 8). This event will be held on the Nürburgring's 24h layout, and will feature Gr.3/GT3 cars only. Qualifying and race start times will be identical to the Gr.3/GT3 races throughout NES S3. The BoP will still be provided by GT Sport, and the basic rules and settings from the NES carry over. The race will have a 1 hour time limit instead of the normal 40 minutes in the NES.

As this event is separate from the NES season, anyone wanting to compete must submit a new entry post for the event. You will not be bound to any cars or contracts from S3, so you can enter with whatever Gr.3/GT3 car and team up with whoever you want. The details you need to provide in your entry post are the following:
Team name.
Car.
Tyre manufacturer.

Thanks once again for being a part of our community, and I hope to hear from you soon! :D

Team name.
Car.
Tyre manufacturer.

Yo yo yo been a while since I actually checked here, just a quick post to say I'm not around this weekend for half the fields home gp (damn Porsches definitely not looking to change manufacturers) currently on holiday living the highlife travelling between Paris and Rome whilst the race is on, best of luck all and how the heck am I 4th in the championship?

Yeah the one circuit it did suit I wasn't around for either, just the way it goes, definitely not talking to other people to see if I can switch manufacturers late on...

By the way, I was thinking that I'll make a custom BoP for the Gr.1/LMP category for when S4 comes around so we can have a variety of competitive cars rather than just the modern hybrids. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on this idea.

And also, thanks for saying in advance @Splurge. Hope you enjoy your holiday! :D

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back