NES (S3): Season 4 discussions etc

What should we do regarding the race start procedure?

• Change only the LMP race to rolling start

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • change both GT3 and LMP races to rolling start

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By the way, I was thinking that I'll make a custom BoP for the Gr.1/LMP category for when S4 comes around so we can have a variety of competitive cars rather than just the modern hybrids. I'd like to get everyone's thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on this idea.

And also, thanks for saying in advance @Splurge. Hope you enjoy your holiday! :D

Ahhhhhhh I want the pocket rocket again or a ts050 for next season, a custom BoP would be well welcomed, imo I think the Porsche as it is is a good benchmark for what we want all the other cars to be put against. For the Nissan it needs weight reduced and nothing else, just needs that bite for the corners. I wouldn't know about other cars though.

Also if we're on the subject of possible things for S4:

I'd kinda like lmp gr to be actually just lmp and then maybe have a separate series for vgt cars, custom BP with even more speed etc. Let vgt be proper vision as it were and try and get them on maybe the redbulls level (haven't tested whether it would be possible but it could be a possibility) and lmp be the pinnacle of real life chassis' and endurance runners.

The other thing I was thinking was a competition ballast for the championship, a % put on for whoever wins, gets pole etc. Gives the good drivers a harder time and slowly evens out the field across the season.

My opinions and two other fun topics of conversation

Ahhhhhhh I want the pocket rocket again or a ts050 for next season, a custom BoP would be well welcomed, imo I think the Porsche as it is is a good benchmark for what we want all the other cars to be put against. For the Nissan it needs weight reduced and nothing else, just needs that bite for the corners. I wouldn't know about other cars though.

Also if we're on the subject of possible things for S4:

I'd kinda like lmp gr to be actually just lmp and then maybe have a separate series for vgt cars, custom BP with even more speed etc. Let vgt be proper vision as it were and try and get them on maybe the redbulls level (haven't tested whether it would be possible but it could be a possibility) and lmp be the pinnacle of real life chassis' and endurance runners.

The other thing I was thinking was a competition ballast for the championship, a % put on for whoever wins, gets pole etc. Gives the good drivers a harder time and slowly evens out the field across the season.

My opinions and two other fun topics of conversation
1: Good suggestion having the 919 as a benchmark. I had an idea to run test sessions on each Sunday after the special event until the start of S4, so anyone who would consider themselves a 'consistent' driver would be welcome to help in this development project in the future.

2: Was discussing the VGT's a bit with an admin, and perhaps we can just exclude all Gr.1 VGT's with the exception of the Mazda LM55. The whole VGT side of things takes the NES away from its roots a bit.

3: A success ballast system would certainly make the championship more interesting. Entirely possible, but it would mean that the BoP would have to be manually applied rather than it being automatically applied when you enter the track.

Anyone willing to share there thoughts on any of these subjects, or anything else, is welcomed to. :D

1: Good suggestion having the 919 as a benchmark. I had an idea to run test sessions on each Sunday after the special event until the start of S4, so anyone who would consider themselves a 'consistent' driver would be welcome to help in this development project in the future.

2: Was discussing the VGT's a bit with an admin, and perhaps we can just exclude all Gr.1 VGT's with the exception of the Mazda LM55. The whole VGT side of things takes the NES away from its roots a bit.

3: A success ballast system would certainly make the championship more interesting. Entirely possible, but it would mean that the BoP would have to be manually applied rather than it being automatically applied when you enter the track.

Anyone willing to share there thoughts on any of these subjects, or anything else, is welcomed to. :D

1. I'm consistant, but my test results would be misleading without a proper setup on all the cars. I only have one on my 919 currently.

2. I agree with making gr.1 only contain LMP and LMP inspired cars such as that Mazda.

3. I'd like a ballast system. You can view everyone's car specs by clicking on the member list text at the top left in a lobby. You'll just have to not allow people to back out completely after you have looked over everyone's specs, since you can only adjust your setup/specs when you are not entered/on track.

Edit- something I would change is the point for fastest lap, and give it to pole instead. Fastest lap depends on tyre strategy. You could win with 1 stop on RH tyres, while someone throws on RSS tyres for the last lap because they're at the back and get fastest lap. A point for pole rewards outright pace rather than your choice of race tyre.

Last edited:
1. I'm consistant, but my test results would be misleading without a proper setup on all the cars. I only have one on my 919 currently.

2. I agree with making gr.1 only contain LMP and LMP inspired cars such as that Mazda.

3. I'd like a ballast system. You can view everyone's car specs by clicking on the member list text at the top left in a lobby. You'll just have to not allow people to back out completely after you have looked over everyone's specs, since you can only adjust your setup/specs when you are not entered/on track.

Edit- something I would change is the point for fastest lap, and give it to pole instead. Fastest lap depends on tyre strategy. You could win with 1 stop on RH tyres, while someone throws on RSS tyres for the last lap because they're at the back and get fastest lap. A point for pole rewards outright pace rather than your choice of race tyre.
Can confirm I've been that guy who throws rss tyres on for 3 laps at the end and pinches fastest lap, I would agree on this subject as I've seen others attempt it as well (fastest lap battle between me and someone else iirc at brands) so for pole sounds fairer

Also imI always free after races and on Sunday evenings most times so I'd be happy to clock a handful of laps and dial cars in

The modern LMP cars and the diesels will definitely be in the LMP S4 roster.

The only VGT Gr.1 cars that
look like LMPs are the Mazda and the Hyundai.

The modern LMP cars and the diesels will definitely be in the LMP S4 roster.

The only VGT Gr.1 cars that
look like LMPs are the Mazda and the Hyundai.
And the McLaren, to some extent also. It's a bit on the futuristic side, but opposed to most of the other VGT cars, it actually looks good IMO :)

And the McLaren, to some extent also. It's a bit on the futuristic side, but opposed to most of the other VGT cars, it actually looks good IMO :)
Wouldn't say it looks like a LMP car, but yeah, it looks good when compared to, let's say, the L750H.

The Mclaren is to overpowered trust me
No, it isn't. It's only advantage is the straight line speed, it's a demon there but doesn't turn really well.

The cars will be tested anyways so there won't be any complaints about overpowered cars.

Just like S1 *cough*
The cars were so unbalanced before the 1.50kg/HP rule. We actually set a PP limit, which was the worst restriction in GT6 as some cars (ex. Peugeot 905, yeah) were so much faster than the rest.

There isn't a kg/HP option in this game unfortunately.

Also, you didn't actually compete in S1 so you didn't know how it felt to race against something way, way faster.

"Good Afternoon one and all, this venture into the Nukeshot racing series was a calculated risk, we knew what we were up against and developed on the Nismo gtr lm. With only a single car we relied upon the expertise of Splurge. Winning in the prologue was a hopeful start however our finances were never in good shape, we failed to ferry the car for Monza and were shown the depth of our issues at Brands Hatch with a disappointing result. The highs were met with also more complications after an unlikely but impressive podium at our home grand prix we calculated the damage done to the teams resources by one of our mechanics taking the car on a somewhat scenic but expensive joyride.

With that we have been forced to file for administration and have called upon Martini racing to let Splurge race, albeit in a Porsche, hopefully to show his vast performance opportunities. We are currently in talks with Nissan and Honda as to a Nismo entry as a last hurrah at the Nurburgring event after the season however it is doubtful whether the Nismo name will be seen come season 4.

Thank you all for your support and competition, and good luck to those racing this afternoon."

It won't.

If you are actually referring to Splurge's decision to run it, then I can't answer, lol.
I think it could be my decision, although I mean, S4 is another thing entirely we haven't levelled the playing field yet, we could yet see a nippon longboi racing or two (definitely not gonna try and persuade Gugas)

POS. DRIVER (TEAM) - PTS

1. stevie712 (JT2OU) - 25 + FL
2. JoeOfTheFire (SoFR) - 18
3. CrazyJohnIsHere (NM/VERT) - 15
4. Sparks_360 (NFS) - 12
5. traels666 (JT2OU) - 10
6. DirtenDK (BSC) - 8
7. Y_bearr_ (BSC PD) - 6
8. Sniparator (BSC) - 4
9. offapple (NM) - 2
10. JKLingas (BSC PD) - 1
DNF. gugas99
POS. DRIVER (TEAM) - PTS

1. steviea712 (JT2OU) - 25
2. JoeOfTheFire (SoFR) - 18
3. CrazyJohnIsHere (VERT) - 15 + FL
4. Sparks_360 (NFS) - 12
5. DirtenDK (BSC) - 10
6. traels666 (JT2OU) - 8
7. offapple (VERT) - 6
DNF. gugas99
DNF. Sniparator

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who showed up for Round 6! This post will be updated over time with official results and incident reports. Remember to report any incident you want investigating to me directly through PSN. Hope to see you at Mt Panorama next week! :D

1st: Steviea +25pts
2nd: Joe +18pts
3rd: CrazyJohn +15pts
4th: Sparks +12pts
5th: Traels +10pts
6th: Dirten +8pts
7th: Y_Bear +6pts
8th: Sniparator +4pts
9th: OffApple +2pts
10th: JKLingas +1pt
DNF: Gugas

Fastest lap: Steviea +2pts (1:54.178)