NES (S3): Season 4 discussions etc

What should we do regarding the race start procedure?

• Change only the LMP race to rolling start

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • change both GT3 and LMP races to rolling start

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As you’re all aware, Nürburgring will be my last appearance for this season as I unfortunately have to go to the Bahamas for the next 2 weeks...

Team JT2OU is pleased to announce that CapGyris has signed a race-by-race deal to stand in for steviea712 to try and help the team win the teams championship. He will race with #3. As a fellow Dane, it is expected that he will be a great addition to the team, traels666 will lead the team for the remainder of the season

Last edited:
Raised eyebrows at the late season changes that are occurring

I was also going to miss 3 rounds this year (Interlagos, Bathurst and Alsace) but with my team in with a real chance of getting the teams championship it would be silly to not field another driver in my absence to try and win that!

I don’t want to miss the rounds, but I can’t really take my wheel and PS4 on my honeymoon with me... the wife may have something to say about that :sly:

Hahahaha I feel you I think my girlfriend wouldve had a similar reaction if the PS4 came with us on holiday atm

If anybodys interested i got a practice lobby open atm, as I'm playing catch-up on learning a new car, it's friends only atm tho so if you want ins just friend me :]

Edit: got invited to go play some fortnite I'll be practicing at some point though

Last edited:
It's raceday!
Once again, if everyone could confirm their presence or absence it would be much appreciated. Who will be the mountain king this season? Stay tuned! :D

Thanks to everyone who showed up for Round 7! Just the season finale to go in France, then the special Nürburgring 1 Hour event the week after! :D

This post will be updated over time.

1st: JoeOfTheFire +25pts
2nd: CapGyris +18pts
3rd: Traels +15pts
4th: Sniparator +12pts
5th: Y_Bearr +10pts
6th: Dirten +8pts
7th: OffApple +6pts
DNF: Sparks

Fastest lap: CapGyris +2pts (2:01.761)

1st: JoeOfTheFire +25pts
2nd: CrazyJohn +18pts
3rd: Dirten +15pts
4th: OffApple +12pts
DNF: Splurge

Fastest lap: CrazyJohn +2pts (1:44.087)

Gr.3/GT3: Lap 2, sector 2: Traels, OffApple and Dirten.
Traels -3pts. OffApple -2pts.

Last edited:
Changing my Nürburgring 1H entry.

- Car change from the Renault R.S.01 to the Volkswagen Beetle.
- Team name shortened to just Virtual Endurance Racing Team.

The LMP race was fun, racing with damage made it much more challenging though.

Also, I talked with @PSN offapple after the race and we decided to make a new rule: No talking of any kind is allowed during the race. It distracts people and today there was a lot of chatter during the LMP race.

Also, I talked with @PSN offapple after the race and we decided to make a new rule: No talking of any kind is allowed during the race. It distracts people and today there was a lot of chatter during the LMP race.
Yeah, I'm surprised that a no texting mid-race rule wasn't brought up sooner. This will be enforced from Round 8 and onwards, and will be included in the official rules.

Edit: You can now find it in the "Other Rules" section of post #3 of this thread

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm surprised that a no texting mid-race rule wasn't brought up sooner. This will be enforced from Round 8 and onwards, and will be included in the official rules.

Edit: You can now find it in the "Other Rules" section of post #3 of this thread
yeah apologies for the chatter I made, wasn't exactly enamoured when I ran round the same corner exactly the same way and once it was fine and the other was a snap spin straight into the barriers. Excited for hopefully Le Mans this weekend

I still need a few more people to review the incident in the GT3 race on lap 2. I would do it by myself, but since I was involved I don't want to come across as biased. If you don't already have the replay data, you can find it on my profile.

Please send me your judgements to me directly through PSN, and why you came to that conclusion. Thanks in advance! :D

I still need a few more people to review the incident in the GT3 race on lap 2. I would do it by myself, but since I was involved I don't want to come across as biased. If you don't already have the replay data, you can find it on my profile.

Please send me your judgements to me directly through PSN, and why you came to that conclusion. Thanks in advance! :D

I'll take a look this evening

The overall championship standings have finally been updated, as have the lap records in the NES Archives (Post #17). It looks like there will be a great showdown between some drivers at the finale! Have a look for yourself near the end of post #3 of this thread! :D

Congratulations to DirtenDK on becoming the NES Season 3 LMP Drivers Champion!

Congratulations to "Just The Two Of Us" on becoming the NES Season 3 GT Teams Champions!

Last edited:
There are a few things regarding Season 4 that I would like everyone's thoughts on:

I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on the following 'possible' car list for the LMP category:

Audi R18
Toyota TS050
Porsche 919
Nissan GT-R LM Nismo
Toyota TS030
Audi R18 TDI
Peugeot 908
Mazda LM55
Hyundai N 2025

For next season there will 'probably' be a car limit. One way of this working would be having a maximum limit of 4 entries per car (including reserves). Another way of this working would be to only allow 1 team per car, but allow any B team arrangements to use the same car as the main team.

Also, as the drivers will be split into Pro and Amateur categories, we have 2 options regarding teams:

The first would be to only allow teams to be made up of 1 Pro driver and 1 Amateur driver. This would mean that when the Pro driver is in the LMP, the Amateur driver would be in the GT car and vice versa. It would also increase the number of championships to 6.

The second option would be to only allow teams to be made up of drivers of the same ranking (Pro + Pro or Am + Am). This would mean that the 2 drivers would race in the same category as each other for both race 1 and race 2. This would increase the number of championships to 8.

Please leave your thoughts and opinions, as they can benefit the series as a whole. :D

Ok not bad but we need 10 cars (at least) for LMP from now on and a race on Saturday and another on Sunday, because we’re losing a lot ‘cause of 2 back-to-back races
50 min on Saturday and 50 min on Sunday or even 40 min
And if so I might as well sign in for S4

And AM and Pro JUST for GT categories
In LMP doesn’t makes sense, cause the field is more tigh and less entries
I think everyone agrees on that
What you can call is LMP1 and LMP2

So Apple if that ideia is to go trough, when’s the S4 list entry coming ????
The entry list will only be established when everything else about Season 4 is set in concrete. As for the '1 race Saturday, 1 race Sunday' idea, it all depends on what the community says about that idea. It would certainly allow for longer races, perhaps up to 1 hour in length, but a lot of people would still not be able to show up for the second race due to waking up early for Monday.
It's certainly an interesting idea. We just have to see what the majority prefer.

Surely, there are some interesting prospects in there. I like the sound of dividing the classes (Pro/Am for GT3, LMP1/2), then doing longer multiclass races on both Sat and Sun. But it's easy for me to say, i have no other racing obligations on saturdays so far. It'd be a shame to leave people out, due to not having the time for an extra race day.

So this is pretty much just a voice in the Apple-choir.

What about alternating the races weekly, so one week you have the gt race and the next week you have the lmp1 race? I think that would help boost lmp1 races.

I think rather than have a pro / am split how about a rookie class? All guys who have done at least 1 season should be in the pro category really.

And I agree with longer races, in my opinion 40mins isn’t really an enduro, an hour sounds good to me. Would possibly need to tweak fuel and tyre wear rates though to suit

Back