New Aston DB3S 1953 model - reviews and reports

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 23 comments
Old cars like that never justify the price tag. Very low performance, with a heavy price because of "prestige".

The 356 Speedster is the same story.

I don't think there's a cost/performance "justification" to be had, the pricing of these cars is somewhat accurate (if not a bargain) to real life, because they're such rare and collectible cars. Look no further than the Pebble Beach auctions. Even hypercars like the LaFerrari go for 3-5 million nowadays due to appreciation and collectibility post-production. A local in my area has an extremely rare (as in, I believe only two still/ever existed) Aston Martin DBR2, and was either bought or last valued at around 19 or 22 million USD (don't remember the exact stat, but it was that kind of range).

When it comes down to the game, however, I think the problem lies in the economy system, rather than the pricing. If there were larger payouts or other incentives for good performance in Sport Mode (talking like over a million Cr. for race wins in the top DR/SR categories), then not only would there be a more ravenous playerbase in Sport Mode, but the "Unicorns" that have slowly started creeping into the game would become much more attainable, and "fun" to work for. Going in circles (literally) for days (again, literally) definitely isn't a good way to go.

That said, I'm about 3.5 mil away from attaining it (and I think I may actually go for it cuz if nothing else I think I may want to try to throw on a livery similar to the DBR2's that I mentioned above), and I can compare it to the XJ13 and Mk. IV Ford that I already have. I'm betting it'll be slower than the '60s Le Mans racers simply from it being an older car, but it'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against things like the old Shelby, Alfa, or Ferrari GTO.

The 1967 Ferrari 330 is pretty awesome and IMO does justify its price tag. It feels totally different toany other car I've driven in the game and I was happy with that 20M purchase. Hesitant about plugging for any other 10M+ cars though, without reviews

I personally have never understood trying to analogise between real life rarity (and associated inflated prices), and in-game inflated prices for a digital product. I guess some people do get a thrill out of owning a digital product for no other reason than the fact that 99% of other players won't own it because its too expensive, so in that regard PD have emulated real life bragging rights.

I've just bought the Aston, in fact quite a big factor was because they added Cambridge to the scapes, and having been there a few times recognise some of the places. The Aston is perfect for some great shots there.

I also love the 356 Aquamarine colour, gorgeous to look at, has an effect on my brain somehow (that is how I choose car colours, often there is one that pops for me on that car, or black, black is always good). Bought that as well. Still not done daily mileage or circuit experience, so guess what I might win ;)

I will report back once I have driven the Aston, and I have plenty of Mileage to upgrade. Might as well experiment after shelling out 10m! First "Unicorn" car I have ever bought.

Justification of price tag is one thing, but I really enjoy driving it so far. The turn in and braking is better than expected, very responsive, doesn't spin unless you really push it, then the back goes smoothly, not snap oversteer. Finding the limit will be fun, as the braking and turn in encourage you to go faster but the oversteer is lurking.

I recorded this video of the car stock on RH tyres at Brands Hatch - 2 laps or so in the cockpit as I drove, and then I loaded the replay because it looks and sounds great. Skip to 4:20 if you just want to see the replay.

The mistakes show how easy it is to recover, and also you can see where I allowed more room and time for braking and turning than needed, was finding this car a pleasant surprise. Forgive my DR D skills :D

Given at 10m it's way more than a standard car it isn't a fair comparison, but compared to the XJ13 I have this handles better and I can see me using it on lots of more circuits whereas the XJ is just for LeMans Nostalgic race and the occasional trip out on the Ring. I vastly prefer it to the Ferrari 250GTO which costs twice as much.

Sadly I don't own the 330, love how it sounds when racing against them though. Apparently the 330 is faster but less stable than the XJ13 but a lot of people prefer it as it is wilder and more fun.

I would be interested in hearing how it compares to the Daytona, as that is next on my list.

Funny how opinions differ. I looked at this car in Brand Central last night, and have the credits to buy it, but thought it was too ugly to spend 10 million credits on. Bought all the other cars though.

can the car be used and can it win in the nostalgia cup in GT league?

Yes, it can be used. Tried LeMans.

It can't win stock, but it is cheaper to tune than the more expensive cars eligible and I threw Racing Softs on it, upped the power to max, and reduced weight as much as possible and adjusted the gearbox to 199mph and found the following:

Accelerates very swiftly, turns with ease, but at high speed weight shifting quickly results in a tank slapper situation so you have to be smoother and reserved. Even with RS tyres it is struggling to get the power down round corners but in a fun way, the slides are controllable.

I don't think it will go more than 200mph but it acclerates so quickly and I spent a lot of time doing 195mph both inside and outside of drafting and never hit the limiter, so reckon it just runs out of legs shy of 200 no matter what.

The brakes seem slightly worse than the XJ13 but not by much. It's more the tyres limit is reached sooner so you can't anchor in the same way.

Even after spinning in the first section, I caught up to the leaders by the end of the first lap. I think this Aston could be the cheapest way to beat Nostalgic cup in any field.

Last edited:
I have the Aston. I think it has great possibilities. It laid waste to the 330P4 at Monza. I got rid of the weight, added maximum power, set the transmission slider to 220mph, put on RS tires and that's it. I've forgotten exactly how fast it went, but I'm thinking real close to 200. It's pretty scary on RS tires with the stock suspension, but I think with some proper tuning it will be great. Biggest thing it's got going for it on Monza is lack of aero.

Last edited:
Luv it ! Well worth 10 mill imo.

Did 373 Kmh in the draft at Nos '79 Sarthe with little testing and a slow field of cars.
I could see hitting 390 Kmh there as i was getting it up to 386 kmh at the X on the downhill , and if my calculations are correct , that's 231.6 mph.
It's got Flintstones brakes but i'll adjust to that.:lol:
Definitely fun to drive.

I bought the Aston last night and I'm surprised at how well this car performs.

Buy weight reduction 2, Power upgrade to 4 and adjusted the transmission top speed then the final gear ratio.
I hit a top speed of 231 mph without the draft and the Aston easily won the Nostalgia race.

It's by far the strongest performer for under 20 million that can win the Nostalgia race.

God knows I love this game however I do have an issue with the way these cars have performance outside of any kind of stretch of the imagination.

This car has a near as it is 3.0 litre straight six, twin cam, two valves, two spark with a supercharger.

On its sub 1 ton frame it should have good acceleration but the top speed should be around 150 mph?

It shouldnt be topping 200mph no matter how fanciful PD thinks the power and weight upgrades go.

I do not level the same complaints at the Daytona 330 and XJ13 GT40 MkIV because these have a decade on the AML and these should easily top 300km/h.

I'd get the Aston. 👍 I haven't driven the Alfa, but from what I've heard it is useless in the Historic Challenge.

The Alfa is a nice car. It looks good, It sounds good, it handles great, and it's fun to drive but it lacks the power to win the Nostalgia race.

Back