• Thread starter breakpoint
  • 21 comments

breakpoint

Return of the Krugen
Premium
United States
Huntsville, Alabama.
LEGION138
Well i really would like to do a new video, not too long. Anyone want to give me a car to do it with? Please no FWD's because thats just butt dragging. Im open to anything else though. Slow around the ol gt3 drift section so, tell me a rust bucket and i will give it hell:sly:

Okay. I've always been partial towards that first corner in Apricot Hill Reversed! Love coming up that hill and getting a sideways nail...

As for the car; how about an Audi S4 or BMW 328 ci? I've been driving these 2 Deutche-karts around lately in GT4.

Okay. I've always been partial towards that first corner in Apricot Hill Reversed! Love coming up that hill and getting a sideways nail...

As for the car; how about an Audi S4 or BMW 328 ci? I've been driving these 2 Deutche-karts around lately in GT4.

Ahhh my sweet sweet S4. The 328 is a little quirky at longer drifts to me, but all in all its a decent little car. The first corner in Apricot Hill....what can i say i LOVE that corner, when not in reverse:sly: Its a really hard corner for me to hit right in reverse because of the angle that you have to start in isnt the one you need to carry out the drift so you have to change the angle allot about 25% way in the corner. And also the speed is hard to get because of coming out of the S curve before it, then its uphill so that doesnt help much either. But after my long day of laminate tomorrow i will get on it and see what i can come up with. Maybe i might throw a little Miata action in it seeing that you have such a loving feeling for them. Man i wish you lived down the road from me cause we'd be drinkin a beer on sat night:tup:

Either way: Ape reverse or non-reversed...has some spectacular drift corners. Turns 1 and 2 are great. I usually take turn 1 with as little brakes as i can (depends on the car) and slide a bit into turn 2. If i'm ahead of the AI, i'll try and go for a full-fledged drift sometimes, but that all depends on the car and how confident i feel. It sucks trying a drift during a race (that's the only time i drift..i rarely do practice laps) then spinning into the sand...then the Ai comes round the corner.. :banghead: The hairpin is also great. I've attacked that corner in every type of car you cna think of.

Maybe it's my imagination but does it seem the crowds in GT3 cheer just a little harder when you take a corner in a drift instead of a grip? :sly:

Yeah, that's what i'm saying. When i lived out west me & Dave used to hit on the bong then do some GT2 races (didn't have GT3 back then). We'd have everything from Viper vs. Skyline to mommy wars (Accord & Mugen wagons) to kei car krushes! Suzy used to come over sometimes. She was really good at arcade racing (like in a real arcade..) so she excelled at GT rally races but SUCKED in GT road races. She could literaly beat me & dave at Gt rally from time to time!

This guy lived on my block up till a year ago. He had GT4 but was kind a d:censored:k and took things way too seriously. so i stopped hangin with him. Anyways, get to work on those drifts! :dopey:

Well i sat down last night when i got in from work, i only had 632ft of laminate to lay yesterday....phew. Got in kinda late so i when i got in took 2 tabs, drank my cook's champagne and started playing. Lets just say i only got in about 30 mins of play time before the wife started looking real good and i started getting dizzy, lol. But i got the footage now i just have to wait until the kids aren't running around the living room so i can video it and post it up. Ive got my S4 dialed in perfect! Ive found that setting the power to 14% in the front works really well for drifting in it, among the suspension set up i have. I can get some massive angles with it, but they are very unrealistic so i keep it in check. Later tonight after we do the easter thing and all with the kids i will post it up, tore it up with the miata for you too. Only thing i can't do for you is put no music in it. Reason being is that when i record it off the tv there is allot of ambient noise so it sounds like the cars are in a tunnel and you can barely hear them. Plus you would hear kids fighting and such. So on that note how about some Iron Maiden? Actually what type of music do you like...maybe a little Pink Floyd welcome to the machine action in it? Oh and also i got a little footage of me mocking the AI a bit. All super cars and well, i will put it at the end of the video.

Well i sat down last night when i got in from work, i only had 632ft of laminate to lay yesterday....phew. Got in kinda late so i when i got in took 2 tabs, drank my cook's champagne and started playing. Lets just say i only got in about 30 mins of play time before the wife started looking real good and i started getting dizzy, lol. But i got the footage now i just have to wait until the kids aren't running around the living room so i can video it and post it up. Ive got my S4 dialed in perfect! Ive found that setting the power to 14% in the front works really well for drifting in it, among the suspension set up i have. I can get some massive angles with it, but they are very unrealistic so i keep it in check. Later tonight after we do the easter thing and all with the kids i will post it up, tore it up with the miata for you too. Only thing i can't do for you is put no music in it. Reason being is that when i record it off the tv there is allot of ambient noise so it sounds like the cars are in a tunnel and you can barely hear them. Plus you would hear kids fighting and such. So on that note how about some Iron Maiden? Actually what type of music do you like...maybe a little Pink Floyd welcome to the machine action in it? Oh and also i got a little footage of me mocking the AI a bit. All super cars and well, i will put it at the end of the video.

Maiden would be cool. Or kids fighting in the background :)

What do you mean you took 2 tabs?? (please reply via private message if it's not uh....kosher).

Hey have you tried the Mitsu Evo rally car at Tahiti Maze? THAT one is amazing...you can get TOTALLY sideways if you have the front diff dialed high and a 50/50 VCD spilt. It's like driving a crab!

Hi all :P Im a NEW member :P i know how to drift put how to put it on pc i dont know :P i use a webcam so :P can someone help me plz :Plol

Well first off welcome! The best method is to use a capture card for this, but the method that usually is cheaper since most people already have point and shoot digital camera's that record video is just to put it on a tripod and record off the screen. All of mine have been recorded off the screen and the quality if you look at them really isn't all that bad. I have a capture card but im still trying to get the bugs worked out of it to get it to work right.

Well i was just about to save my video from about an hours worth of editing it when all of the sudden windows tells me that the software im using has encountered a problem and needs to shut down....argh! So after that i was so pissed that i just wasted all that time im not even going to mess with it again tonight. But i did stick the 2 lap to video of me pretty much making fun of the AI since my car is the real "super car" on the track. I drift the turns and they pass under me, then after the turn im right by them.

http://media.putfile.com/Showing-the-AI-what-power-really-is

Ha ha, that's cute! i love Depressed Mode and black Skylines. 👍 YOu can almost see the Ai cars get mad at you for drifting right in the middle of their race!

Ha ha, that's cute! i love Depressed Mode and black Skylines. 👍 YOu can almost see the Ai cars get mad at you for drifting right in the middle of their race!

The R34 i used was my 42,000 hp skyline that is just a monster. As you seen how i blasted back by all of the supercars out of the turns, could only be done in this beast. Here was the speed test of it:tup: I always have the TCS all the way up and super softs on this guy and it still smokes the tires even at the top of 6th gear.

http://media.putfile.com/Speed-Test

that's pretty sick :lol: I always wondered what it would be like to have a 747 on the ground....it's true what they say: miles get measured in minutes rather than hours.

KillerDucky! I race 125cc shifter karts and we hit 130mph on some straights. I couldn't imagine what that beast would hit. But i would leave it in the turns. The super karts run about 4-5 seconds faster as far as lap times go but if we are on the track together we leave them in the turns and they pass in the straights. Its all the extra weight they have. I am leaving out today for Barber's raceway so i won't be getting the video up before monday. Tried again last night but the program kept freezing so it looks like im going to have to start all over and use a different editor. :banghead:

Well i just got back literally 30 mins ago and there is no way my wife is going to let me work on a...as she calls it "stupid video game thing" tonight. So if the tile doesnt kill me tomorrow i will kill the video. I actually tried again with windows media and it froze up too. Don't know what the problem is. So guess i will load up my Vegas and try it out and see if it does me good. Race weekend blew because first off i missed saturdays race because they moved the race time up and i didnt know it so as i was in the middle of changing gears and re-jetting someone said hey man our class runs in 20 minutes....******* *** son of a ***** fly eating *****. And it kept gonig but you get the idea. So then today got rained out. Basically went all the way to a really nice nice track and only got to do 1 10 minute practice lap.....lame.

there is no way that can be done in gt4 42.000hp:|

i think im gonna puke

Sure there is, 💡 gameshark.

2* Acceleration 760C2670 00000000
281606D0 01968F65

4* Acceleration 760417F0 00000000
281606D0 01968F7C

8* Acceleration 760C9C10 00000000
281606D0 01960065

16* Acceleration 7604AD90 00000000
281606D0 0196007C

Just put in the 16 multi and save and repeat about 5 times. The result is a crazy hp car.

Back