New Codemasters Rally Title is DiRT Rally 2.0: Releases 26 February 2019

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 295 comments
He was active back when the V-Rally 4 announcement thread was twisted into the "who has the WRC license?" thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...te-september-2018.376174/page-2#post-12242418

He has also been active in the DiRTY Gossip thread and a WRC 8 thread on the Codies forum.

Thanks. I'd actually read all of that but forgot that I had. Old age! I'm looking forward to all the upcoming games, especially a Kylotonn WRC8 :)
All we need now is Milestone to announce SLRE 2 !

Was kinda hoping Codies would announce GRID 3 instead of another rally game. DR is great but I feel they need to cool off a bit after the misfire that is DIRT 4. Probably they feel the circuit racing category is getting bit crowded though with GTS, PCARS, ACC and GTR3 on the horizon.

Yeah...where is the next GRID game??! Surely they know theres a high demand for it....why has it been Rally for the last few games...

Youd have thought with Dirt Rally they wouldve followed that realistic approach with a GRID sequel....?

Something with a compelling online multiplayer, please..

Driving alone with no interaction (not even AI cars) gets boring for me pretty quickly. No matter how good the game is.

To be honest I'm rally'd out at the moment. What I'd love to see is something different, perhaps something like a realistic banger racing title.

Then again it probably wouldn't sell very well, at least not outside of certain parts of Europe.

To be honest I'm rally'd out at the moment. What I'd love to see is something different, perhaps something like a realistic banger racing title.

Then again it probably wouldn't sell very well, at least not outside of certain parts of Europe.

While not the most realistic, you can check out Wreckfest if you haven't already. It's essentially banger racing.

Driving alone is in the very nature of rallying. You vs the clock. So, I guess rally games are not for you.

I get you. They might not be in the end. Problem is I like driving on gravel way more than tarmac/asphalt. And I like racing against other cars too. Had high hopes for Gravel but it just wasn't it.

In true Codemasters fashion, they have put up a fake website with lots of clues about the new game. It's a kebab pizza place. Kebab pizza has been an inside joke for years on the Codies forum. Clues like founded in 2002, seating for 2.0 people, chef is Colin Solberg. All clues point to a DiRT Rally 2.0 with involvement from Petter Solberg. The 2.0 is probably in honor of Colin McRae 2.0. The map takes you to the Codies Southam office. Colin McRae 3 was released in 2002, but the 2002 could be pointing to 20/02 (Feb. 20th) as a release date. There are also probably clues in the fake address and phone number (Sweden).

If you email for a reservation you get an email back stating that they are on vacation until the 13th. The email itself has some interesting text strings that could mean something. Perhaps this Thursday the 13th will be the announcement?

Site: http://gossippizza.com/

Last edited:
In true Codemasters fashion, they have put up a fake website with lots of clues about the new game. It's a kebab pizza place. Kebab pizza has been an inside joke for years on the Codies forum. Clues like founded in 2002, seating for 2.0 people, chef is Colin Solberg. All clues point to a DiRT Rally 2.0 with involvement from Petter Solberg. The 2.0 is probably in honor of Colin McRae 2.0. The map takes you to the Codies Southam office. Colin McRae 3 was released in 2002, but the 2002 could be pointing to 20/02 (Feb. 20th) as a release date. There are also probably clues in the fake address and phone number (Sweden).

If you email for a reservation you get an email back stating that they are on vacation until the 13th. The email itself has some interesting text strings that could mean something. Perhaps this Thursday the 13th will be the announcement?

Site: http://gossippizza.com/

Nice touch on the Sweden address: (Audi) S1 and (Subaru) 22B, though I don’t know what the ‘E’ stands for.

Capture+_2018-09-14-15-29-40.png

If it is another DiRT Rally, then I really hope that if they don't have the WRC license, then branch out with regards to the locations. DiRT 4 really suffered because it tried to stick to the mold that has been present in rally games for years when it comes to locations, alongside pushing the procedural generated routes (which I didn't really have a problem with, but I would have preferred actual routes of any kind)

Why not just go all out? Scour local, national, and continental rallies for routes. I can already imagine Newfoundland as a good tarmac rally to replace Germany in DiRT Rally, and I'd love to see Kenya return. That's where DiRT 2 really shines all these years later, as the locations chosen are incredibly interesting, and no rally game since then has been able to match the creativity and uniqueness of the locations. (My heart still yearns for Malaysia or any sort of jungle rally to make it into a game once more.)

Why not just go all out? Scour local, national, and continental rallies for routes. I can already imagine Newfoundland as a good tarmac rally to replace Germany in DiRT Rally, and I'd love to see Kenya return. That's where DiRT 2 really shines all these years later, as the locations chosen are incredibly interesting, and no rally game since then has been able to match the creativity and uniqueness of the locations. (My heart still yearns for Malaysia or any sort of jungle rally to make it into a game once more.)

If you don't mind arcade physics (nothing more unrealistic than DiRT 2, I'd say), then I would seriously recommend giving V-Rally 4 a shot. Like DiRT 4, it features a course generator but you can easily see more work has been put into making the environments feel more unique - tracks feature mixed surfaces and far more varied scenery. It's what I think "Your Stage" should have been.

If you don't mind arcade physics (nothing more unrealistic than DiRT 2, I'd say), then I would seriously recommend giving V-Rally 4 a shot. Like DiRT 4, it features a course generator but you can easily see more work has been put into making the environments feel more unique - tracks feature mixed surfaces and far more varied scenery. It's what I think "Your Stage" should have been.

I keep seeing reviews that the physics and handling is really poor in V-rally 4, so skipping that one. Dont really mind bad graphics, for me gameplay is always king.

Good to see you around here as well tbtstt. Welcome to GTPlanet. The DiRT thread may not have the whole splendor of the DiRTY Gossip Thread but it's nice ;).
Cheers warp9engage. I only signed up to ask a few questions about GT Sport, but there are some good topics on here, so I have stuck around!

What are the chances we can get a full set of Group B and Group A cars?

Like the RX7 Group B or the Ferrari 288 GTO Group B?

Plus, it would be nice if we can import tracks from other games just like we can import other cars.

For some strange reason, i just hope they will support PS4 Pro and Xbox One X properly this time around. And add PSVR again. That was impossible on Dirt 4 obviously... for whatever reason.

Pretty sure it's Dirt Showdown 2.0. ;)

Please, no!

Good to see you over here, too. I'm LudwigVonMises over on the Codies forum. Gonna be an interesting week between the DiRT announcement, Dakar 18 releasing and new content for GTS.

Back