New Codemasters Rally Title is DiRT Rally 2.0: Releases 26 February 2019

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 295 comments
The Super 1600 rallycross class was already confirmed: but none of the cars in it were known.

That brings the total number of cars to 30 (including the pre-order Porsche), still quite a few gaps in the list from DiRT 4 though, so I expect there are quite a few more familiar cars to be confirmed before we see anything new.

Personally wouldn't bank on Dirt 4 being the be all on the list. Be better to compare it to Dirt Rally.

^ personal opinion. This is a sequel to Dirt Rally which I play in a completely different way to Dirt 4 so to me I look at these cars as new to the series even if they were in Dirt 4. Just how I view it I know others will do it differently.

Personally wouldn't bank on Dirt 4 being the be all on the list. Be better to compare it to Dirt Rally.
Yeah that's a fair point as we know at least one D4 car class will be coming as DLC, so perhaps better to use DR as a guide.

From what has been seen in the gameplay though, it looks like the class structure will be more like D4 (even if the cars within are not).

Yeah that's a fair point as we know at least one D4 car class will be coming as DLC, so perhaps better to use DR as a guide.

From what has been seen in the gameplay though, it looks like the class structure will be more like D4 (even if the cars within are not).

Yeah I do hope some of the classes change a little. Would be better to see the Evo 6 in the 2000s class for example.

Also snapped this from Jon Armstrong's Instagram stories, Citroen DS?!
Screenshot_20190122-120600.png

Yeah I do hope some of the classes change a little. Would be better to see the Evo 6 in the 2000s class for example.

Also snapped this from Jon Armstrong's Instagram stories, Citroen DS?!
View attachment 794392

Well it surely seems so and if that is the case than I'll pick it up just for that car! I'll put all my comments and negativity aside since this is a car I want to experience in a game for ages.

5451670126_e202365d6c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Also shows these cars will be in a separate class to the Porsche.
Not certain about that. The media build being shown this week isn't complete and, if you look at the results at the end of the stage, the Porsche is listed in the same "Rally GT" class.

Not certain about that. The media build being shown this week isn't complete and, if you look at the results at the end of the stage, the Porsche is listed in the same "Rally GT" class.

Guess it could just be that the Porsche isn't in the press build. We'll know soon I guess.

Is it just me or does the whole user interface look like something straight out of a Forza Horizon game? I did complain about the first DiRT Rally game having such a bland presentation, so I guess the solution was to copy the design of one of the most vibrant racing games on the market. :P

I was just banned for no apparent reasons from the Codemasters forums. Anyone know how to get my account back?

I was just banned for no apparent reasons from the Codemasters forums. Anyone know how to get my account back?

While I hardly think it was "for no apparant reason". I would suggest emailing the moderator. If that doesnt work use a vpn or other internet AP to open another account under another IP-adress.

While I hardly think it was "for no apparant reason". I would suggest emailing the moderator. If that doesnt work use a vpn or other internet AP to open another account under another IP-adress.

I would rather not open another account since it is linked to my PSN account.

I had dozens of awesome, like and agree but only 14 disagree and no flags. That's why it seems to be for no apparent reason, at least to me.

I'll try emailing the mods later. Thanks.

I had just gotten off an international flight, so maybe it was a fraud detector due to the sudden change in data provider.

I just ask what the hell their licensing team is doing :confused: Every single game the bloody same cars over and over again. I sincerely hope they have managed and are willing to include some rarer cars this time around. Of course the knows classics are pretty cool but come on, fresh it up!

Just to come back to this. The last few days more cars have surfaced and I see Codemasters did actually refresh the carlist. I don't know for how long I wanted a DS to feature in a game (rally game) and now it is actually coming. Strange it is licensed under DS Automobiles? It isn't a DS at all but this is probably due to licensing quirks?

The DS actually made me order :embarrassed: the game and next to that the footage that has been released the last few days was much more convincing. So much for waiting for the complete edition huh :banghead:

Strange it is licensed under DS Automobiles? It isn't a DS at all but this is probably due to licensing quirks?

It's most likely an image and publicity boost for DS Automobiles, especially as the original DS is a fondly-remembered classic car.

I wish Toyota would get the message that video games can be used as a form of advertising... :ouch:

It's most likely an image and publicity boost for DS Automobiles, especially as the original DS is a fondly-remembered classic car.

I wish Toyota would get the message that video games can be used as a form of advertising... :ouch:

You are probably right. DS mark was introduced to honor the Citroën DS in the first place.

I got myself un-banned from the Codies forum. Turns out it was indeed my mobile data in Buenos Aires coming from a "bad" IP. Kudos to Rob at CM for helping me out. Nice to know the support department is active!
Good to hear bro. Cheers.

Back