New Drift Competition Ideas- Call your Cars Now!!!

• Thread starter Loon
  • 169 comments
GTPLoon
D1 Loon
Ok, this thread is for the drift community to submit ideas for a new competition. I figure straight up asking you what exactly you want would be a good way to get some more action going on in here. Just having the WDS isn't enough I don't think. And apparently people aren't really as interested in it as they were when it first started.

So if you have an idea for a competition that YOU think is a good idea, put it here, and maybe we can get it off the ground.

Thanks.

Hmmm, not sure, They only medium we can work with is pictures and video. I got the Drift Photomode Competition up again, but I didn't want to put it here since I didn't think it would get many views. I was thinking of putting a thread here advertising it so people who only come here know about it.

The video side of things, I like the WDS. It is just that I would spend so long trying to get a good run, started getting tired of it I guess. I would still like to enter if I was better and it didn't take me so long to get a good run down. :D

Maybe you could have a comp like the one TRi did, where you make a drifting video. That could be fun, have open rules so you could pretty much do whatever you want. Just have a time limit on the video.

I will have a think, see if I can come up with any other ideas.

Good job though LOON, trying to breath life back into the Drift Forum. 👍

Hmmm, not sure, They only medium we can work with is pictures and video. I got the Drift Photomode Competition up again, but I didn't want to put it here since I didn't think it would get many views. I was thinking of putting a thread here advertising it so people who only come here know about it.

I like the Idea of putting a link to the comp some where in here, we need to talk to the Swift one. Maybe I can put an updated link in the GT pro Interviews thread, just change the title to let people know there's a link to the comp in it.

Maybe you could have a comp like the one TRi did, where you make a drifting video. That could be fun, have open rules so you could pretty much do whatever you want. Just have a time limit on the video.

So instead of having a set run to do, it was a free for all for people to just make the best possible drift vid?

Good job though LOON, trying to breath life back into the Drift Forum.

Well, I'd really like to be a Mod, so I figure if I can get the Forum back going real good it might happen. Just kidding, I just don't want all this to die.

Thanks man, why need SOMETHING to do in here, we hardly have anymore convo going on any more. All we have is noobs asking for help and settings when there's a ton of stuff waiting for them. Like I said we need something to try and reunite the drift community again.

Maybe we can a battle of teams, its as though most people who hang around here are on one. Something like a small season or tourney, where we have runs like the WDS, people get eliminated and one team gets crowned champ?

IDK, just throwing out ideas.

I like the Idea of putting a link to the comp some where in here, we need to talk to the Swift one. Maybe I can put an updated link in the GT pro Interviews thread, just change the title to let people know there's a link to the comp in it.

Yeah, I should really PM Swift about it. Maybe make a thread here and have it stickied. Then update it with a link to the latest comp and poll.

So instead of having a set run to do, it was a free for all for people to just make the best possible drift vid?

Yeah, exactly. Just make your own drifting video. You could still have some rules like time and maybe some other stuff. Just as long as it isn't too restricted.

Well, I'd really like to be a Mod, so I figure if I can get the Forum back going real good it might happen. Just kidding, I just don't want all this to die.

Thanks man, why need SOMETHING to do in here, we hardly have anymore convo going on any more. All we have is noobs asking for help and settings when there's a ton of stuff waiting for them. Like I said we need something to try and reunite the drift community again.

Maybe we can a battle of teams, its as though most people who hang around here are on one. Something like a small season or tourney, where we have runs like the WDS, people get eliminated and one team gets crowned champ?

IDK, just throwing out ideas.

Haha, now that I would love to see. LOON, the mighty mod. :D
Yeah, the attention here has died alot, BL brought alot here so I think since he has left so have a lot of others who came here.

I like the team idea, not everyone belongs to a team though. Still it would be a neat idea. 👍

Yeah, I noticed that too, ever since BL left, this forum has died.

Everyone needs to chip in some cash so we can buy BL a new PS2, cuz last time I talked with him he said it was still dead.

Yeah, it is a shame about his PS2. :ouch:

I remeber when I first came here, there wasn't that much going on. Then he came back from a break or something and then the forum was full of life.
Maybe that can happen again, just need something to bring people back.

I had a thought about a video comp. Instead like the WDS where you select a few corners on one track. How about you say drift any select few corners on any track. You could narrow it down to like just city tracks or just world tracks. Then people could choose what corners they want to do. Of course it would have to be a bit more ironed out, but I think it could be interesting. :D

That does sound interesting, to see what corners everyone decides to do.

Midfeild would be a good track for that.

Keep the ideas coming guys.👍

How bout a competition like that Batracer Online Racing Game, were each person has a car, that is their specific car, all that can change from week to week is the parts and setup ,a group of corners or track is given to drift, you could possibly have teams if you wanted. What do you think?

I like that idea too, its almost like a D1 or Formula D comp. That would definetly be an idea I'd like to see.

I would totally go for the one car thing, but i would suggest we keep it to select D1 circuits and the like. Great thread LOON,
How about, we have to use a VERY COMMON drift car modified comparably to an average poor drifter you know? and just try to do 2 corners per week, in a tournament.
like a 245hp s13 and 2 hairpins on TC, but we would all be able to use our ONE car per tourney.

Maybe have like the seasons also like that Batracer thing, So what car you pick in the beginning you have to use all the way through that season.

I am deff feeling the 1 car per person. Have a total of like 8 courses. 2 corners a week, maybe three. No newcomes, once it starts. A point system could be used. A set of drift judges. No rules aside from you must always be in the same car, this includes color, but not rims.

I am deff feeling the 1 car per person. Have a total of like 8 courses. 2 corners a week, maybe three. No newcomes, once it starts. A point system could be used. A set of drift judges. No rules aside from you must always be in the same car, this includes color, but not rims.
yeah, another idea would to make it so there are no road cars, so all tuner and race cars are aloud, this includes Nismo etc.. Most only have one color so that would eliminate the changing color problem.

So a few of us are liking the single car season deal.

I don't see how having no road cars would be a good idea though, since alot of peoples favorite cars don't come in race ready versions.

We'll definetly keep this idea in hand, and maybe later on smooth it out some more, but lets not stop here, if you have more ideas lets hear them. They will all be taken into consideration for a new comp.

And so there's no big fuss about the idea not getting off the ground because no one wants to host it, I'll take care of that myself unless someone is readily available to do it.👍

EDIT: I like the points system idea but we'd have to discuss exactly how that'd work. And I don't think having set judges will work because we are few in number.

I don't see how having no road cars would be a good idea though, since alot of peoples favorite cars don't come in race ready versions.

It was just a suggestion, i was just putting it out there. :)

I don't think we should have this idea take off right away, I mean we've only been kicking it around for an hour or two. Let it simmer a day or two, then we'll see.

Maybe go ahead and let Swift know this may be an idea we're leaning towards though.👍

I've heard alot about that, but i have no idea what it is.

Gran Turismo Planet Drift Competition!

It was a month long, two divisions, Pro was the full course, and amateur was most to half of the course, you signed up in one of the divisions, at the end of the month each video was judged by a panel of Drift Judges. You recieved a final score in which you placed.

I think that kinda sums it up. :)

Ok, so far its seems we have 2 great ideas...

1. We have a D1GP/Formula D type of comp with everyone selecting a single car to use, only allowing settings changes. Which will last about 8 weeks hitting certain courses. Have a system on votes for points. 1rst gets 20, 2nd gets 18 and so on and so forth.

2. We bring back the GTPDC, and fix whatever caused it to end.

What ended the GTPDC is that not many people attended.
I entered my video in the last one, but apparently no one else did?
Slowly people stopped participating, i have 3 wins all by default :grumpy:

Back