A new competition-yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Pink_the_Floyd

(Banned)
Hey guys, since Marouan(Phantom D) and I(Team Toyota) noticed less and less competitions in here, we've been talking together to create a new drift competition.

So, here's the plan, we would make room for 1 competition for 2 weeks. So that means you'd have 2 weeks time to submit. Yes, it's a video competition. Not only will you be judged on angle, speed, smoke, control and style, you would also be judged on your video editing skills.

We decided to co-operate incase one of us can't be around all the time and let the competition die so that another one could take care for things 👍

This is just a thread were we want to check out the interest in a new competition and therefore the attached poll.

Please let us know,

Those who are interested:

-Drift King

And offcourse, both me and M 👍

Should you have any tips or question, feel free to either PM me or Marouan

The competitions are dying because the lack of interest. You can't expect to make a new comp and get new people because it's a different format.

Drifting alone is damn boring I sadly have to say.

I like this idea.👍

But i think it would have to be tweeked.

Like a certain section of track, certain cars.
I think it would be to hard to have full videos with editing.
And like to categorys to judge them in, Pro and Am.

Basically a GTPDC.

Well, that was the original idea but again, it's just to check out the interest in this, if not, it's senseless to begin with all the work.

are you suggesting we kill off the drift picture competitions? in that case its a big hell no from me! many of us dont have the skills knowlege or cash to make a decent video. a picture competition is more open and accesable to everyone than a video comp. $14 for a memorystick for a picture. video capture cards start at $70 of a bad one. i think it would be a big mistake to replace the drift pic comp with a drift vid comp. the reason current pic competitions aren working is because the polls for them take an eternaty to appear. my advice, if you want a decent comp helpout with the picture competitions.:sly:

yo dude... video editing doesnt cost anything... start-all programs- windows movie maker
everybody can work on there. u dont need a video capture card. and i suppose lots of people from the drifting comunity have a digital camera/capture card. check out the drifting videos section.. quality of the video does not matter its about the drifting.
we are not thinking of replacing the pic competititions, i think people have enough time to do an pic competition and have time to enter in our competition. 2 weeks is enough time. it can even be a month if people want so.
cant picture competitions and video competitions live along?

and btw... i think it would be possible to let people drift on xlink and one of the judges tapes the replay or something like that.

slider-s15
are you suggesting we kill off the drift picture competitions? in that case its a big hell no from me! many of us dont have the skills knowlege or cash to make a decent video. a picture competition is more open and accesable to everyone than a video comp. $14 for a memorystick for a picture. video capture cards start at $70 of a bad one. i think it would be a big mistake to replace the drift pic comp with a drift vid comp. the reason current pic competitions aren working is because the polls for them take an eternaty to appear. my advice, if you want a decent comp helpout with the picture competitions.:sly:

This is for those who have the ability to make videos, so actually, if you don't make videos, your post does not belong here.

Then please return to your picture competitions and stop putting us down here 👎

I didn't say that. But I do support more competitions going on here. And if this is something that has some steam then go for it! :)

Also, you can have this, 5 other comps and STILL have the drift photo comps.

Marouan
and btw... i think it would be possible to let people drift on xlink and one of the judges tapes the replay or something like that.
i dont think many people will want to battle on xlink. we already have the XDGP which has has a whopping 2 battles. i would love to see more people battle, but i dont know why more people wont.:yuck:

Suzuki
i dont think many people will want to battle on xlink. we already have the XDGP which has has a whopping 2 battles. i would love to see more people battle, but i dont know why more people wont.:yuck:

As of right now, Xlink has too many variables to be a dependable competition platform. Hopefully, with the PS3 and GTV this will all change.

Mmm, I just hope you guys know how much effort it takes to organise and run a competition sufficiantly to keep interest aroused. With Photo competitions we're able to run more then 1 at a time because it's alot less effort to snap a few shots, with equipment more widely available among the boards. But obviously with Video competitions such as this one your suggesting, it takes alot more effort for the public to enter, plus not everyone has the equipment. Might i mention 2 weeks will be pushing it for entry's.

Personally i can see this possibly gaining attraction once or twice, but i don't think it will obtain the interest to keep it running like GTPDC. For me personally i would much rather get GTPDC up and running again, and if Sheron doesn't have the time to run it, or some of the judges don't feel the need to participate you boys can help out. 👍

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, i just think it's wise to use a competition that everyone is familiar with, rather then bring a new one in. So with that said, im going to have to say No to this one boys, sorry.

me and Pink are more than willing to help out on the other gtpdc ... we started this poll to check if anyone still had interest in a dc because the other one was kinda down

Marouan
me and Pink are more thant willing to help out on the other gtpdc ... we started this poll to check if anyone still had interest in a dc because the other one was kinda down

I think theres still interest :scared:, well im interested to get the GTPDC up and running again anyway. Go Talk it over with some of the guys to see what we can organise in the way of you fella's helping out. 👍

I think it sounds like a good idea but it would also be good if GTPDC gets back up and running and i wished the photoshoot competitions would get updated someone needs to make a new photo shoot competition because the one thats up there right now the deadline is way passed

I would also want to see the GTPDC back up and running again instead of a whole new competition. The GTPDC has well developed format and veteran judges who can truly assess the skill of the drifter.

Odds are, if there aren't competitors for GTPDC (there was only one entry submitted in last month's GTPDC), there probably won't be many competitors for this "new competition".

Swift, any signs of Sheron? If he's busy, maybe someone can cooperate with him and take over? Many one of the panel members?

Back