New Enthusia screenshots!

• Thread starter Jandrovi
  • 150 comments
Spain
Spain
Here they are, for all car lovers :dopey:

Looks like powersliding in powerful cars will be very realistic when applying full throttle. Also the body roll, after seeing these pics and some videos, is very well done.

The graphics are not as good as GT4 ones, but they are also good enough.

920586_20041028_screen002.jpg

920586_20041028_screen008.jpg

920586_20041028_screen001.jpg

920586_20041028_screen013.jpg

920586_20041028_screen015.jpg

More new pics here:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/enthusiaproracing/screenindex.html

P.D: I post this thread here because best car lovers are in this forum.

Greetings from Spain.

:dopey: Yeah I was thinking that the Ruf picture in particular looked like something from Need For Speed II, they'd better hope it drives better than it looks...

Graphics look pretty decent to me. The lighting effects aren't quite as advanced as those in GT, but the cars have a nice sheen to them. Do I see real time skidmarks in the RX8 screenie?

:) Yeah I think you're right about the RX8 laying some rubber!!!

Looking at the pics again it's only the Ruf one which doesn't look like a cutting edge game, the others are pretty good I suppose.

code_kev
Looks like a 90's pc game running in software mode.

Yes, I agree. Could it be that the pictures were enlarged creating the pixellated feeling? I remember that video with the miata running cones comparing it to an exactly same irl event. It looked much better then this.

[edit] This should be a fullscreen picture. It looks like 24h lemans on ps2, not good. I had hopes for this game but now I don't know..

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/920586_20041028_screen004.jpg

Ok,so this is Need For Speed 2 Special Edition?

IMO it look just like that,or whoops,i'm wrong:

NFS 2 SE looked way better :P

WTF is this? Tsukuba,Ruf?

Wannabee game :yuck: :crazy: 👎

I think that everyone's that used to seeing GT4 pictures in photo mode that they've forgotten what decent looking PS2 games looks like in an 'in-game' shot!

bodger
I think that everyone's that used to seeing GT4 pictures in photo mode that they've forgotten what decent looking PS2 games looks like in an 'in-game' shot!

Hardly... compared to GT4 in-game shots, this one's looking pretty weak so far. A couple notches down from GT3, I'd say. Hopefully it improves before the end, or it'll have a hard time in doing what it's trying to do.

bodger

I'd disagree, GT3 is at least as good looking as this game.

Well, in Konami's defense as far as the PS2 goes, PD has an uncanny knack for pulling stuff out of the PS2 that surprises other developers. Consider that GT3, three years old, is still one of the best looking games on PS2, and GT4 takes that a step further. I'd be surprised if the other developers were able to pull that same kind of performance in their games.

Nurumbergring is in enthusia aswell? Hmmm this could get interesting
The cars look great....up to par with gt3 in terms of overall shapes and detail but in need of some SERIOUS anti-aliasing! There are JAGGIES EVERYWHERE! This truly does show the limitations of PS2

Dev_Zero
What limitations of the PS2??? GT4 has full crowds, so there goes your biased statement.

It's nice Konami are actually showing what the game 'really' looks like... they have respect for there product o_O

PS2 textures close up are always going to be crap whoever is producing, there's no denying the PS2 is limited by today's standards..

Enthusia looks really good Konami are showing as it is which is comendable it's easy to get some Photomode pic's or touch them up photoshop style and say we've made the prettiest game in the world !

Front
Enthusia looks really good Konami are showing as it is which is comendable it's easy to get some Photomode pic's or touch them up photoshop style and say we've made the prettiest game in the world !
What are you talking about? Not all GT4 screenshots are Photomode, and all of them are most definetly NOT Photshopped. Besides, Photmode doesn't make the graphics that much better from in game. It's just the fact that PD can do things with the PS2 no one else can, including Konami.

Which I think I already said up above. Those of us with the various demos (Toyota, BMW) can testify to the fact that even those early builds of GT4 are far better than what we're seeing here. Enthusia looks to be about on the level with TOCA Race Driver 2. Which is a step down from GT3, which is about five steps down from GT4.

I think it looks pretty damn good, true the graphics doesn't look as polished as GT4's. From the videos I have seen so far, and the pics, it looks as though the car behaviour will be spot on, it certainly looks as though it might give GT4 a run for it's money. In fact, I think Enthusia will be closer to GT than Forza. Still, I am a huge (and loyal) GT fan and believe GT will still be the one to beat.

The graphics issue likely has more to do with the image host than Enthusia itself. After all, Enthusia will only be running at 640x480, at most, and these shots were blown up to 1024x768. Therefore, you get mad crazy aliasing.

Back