New Forza Motorsport Details Coming at Xbox & Bethesda Developer_Direct On January 25

In what regard?
GT Sport did a great job at showing how important a good educational toolset can encourage players to race clean and also race fast. Things like the Circuit Experience should be in every racing game.

On top of that the game focused on a small number of car classes, and instead of leaving upgrades to the player, enforced a balance of performance system (with occasional tweaks) to have cars be competitive with one another.

Then you have the whole driver/safety rating system, and a small number of playlists.

In short, it was one of the best multiplayer racing experiences you can get on console.

GT Sport did a great job at showing how important a good educational toolset can encourage players to race clean and also race fast. Things like the Circuit Experience should be in every racing game.

On top of that the game focused on a small number of car classes, and instead of leaving upgrades to the player, enforced a balance of performance system (with occasional tweaks) to have cars be competitive with one another.

Then you have the whole driver/safety rating system, and a small number of playlists.

In short, it was one of the best multiplayer racing experiences you can get on console.

While it is a great experience in multiplayer it’s not something a Forza Motorsport should mainly aim for.
A driver ratings system is great, but building the 9th racing game where you are racing in sanctioned events is not a goal this game should have. The great strength of Forza is allowing the players to drive hugely different cars and classes. If you are taking that freedom away you‘ll get GT3 races at Monza 90% at the time.
Look at GT7 and it’s daily events, when was the last time a really interesting class based race has happened? I only remember Gr.4 and Gr.3 events and the bimonthly Mazda Miata Cup. And since there is always one or two cars dominating this class you have seen about 10 different cars per month. I a game with a 500 car roaster.

I can understand having a driving/safety rating for FM Rebooted's online, including specialized events to participate in for hardcore racing because it needs if it's to be taken seriously. What I don't want though is another GTS. And since I wasn't fan of that game to begin with, making FM a literal carbon-copy of it is gonna sour me big time.

I'm hoping it can be a return to form like the previous Forzas from 1 to 4 (NOT the XB1 eras ones), while making the online experiences brand new for hardcore enthusiasts with lots of variety, from cars to tracks to be precise. I'm also hoping T10 makes the offline modes just as good, and (hoping hoping) they keep Open Track Day for multiplayer.

Gt sport lacked road cars and didin’t have good customization or any upgrade parts, witch should be part of any gt game

FM needs to some kind of direction, they might as well have taken Motorsport out of the title during the Xbox One era because it was just a scatterbrained driving game which resulted in the series needing a reboot. GT has a lot of things that they should copy, especially in terms of MP. GT Sport/GT7 is still the best multiplayer experience on consoles, and the only PC game that does it better than
GT is iRacing.

Last edited:
Gt sport lacked road cars and didin’t have good customization or any upgrade parts, witch should be part of any gt game
But this isn't a GT game. I agree with @PJTierney in that it needs that focus that GTSport had, have the online mode taken seriously and encourage clean, structured racing. A cohesive and and well thought car selection is essential to that.

What I'd like to see in addition to that is a worthwhile single player campaign with plenty of series', real world, real world inspired and so on. But, I do think the upgrade and tuning element needs to remain as that's kind of a Forza staple.

GT has a lot of things that they should copy,
yeah like the singleplayer campaign. Forza should have seeked to replicate and improve upon the singleplayer driving career campaign that GT had, ever since the series started back in 2005 as a matter of fact. GT makes you feel like a grassroots racer learning about the cars and building up your racing career while Forza feels more like your average everyday racing campaign, a bunch of grand prix

Last edited:
yeah like the singleplayer campaign. Forza should have seeked to replicate and improve upon the singleplayer driving career campaign that GT had, ever since the series started back in 2005 as a matter of fact. GT makes you feel like a grassroots racer learning about the cars and building up your racing career while Forza feels more like your average everyday racing campaign, a bunch of grand prix
FM7/FM6 already had plenty of events and event variety. All they need to do is structure it well. Maybe go from lower classes to higher classes with certain championships needing a Top 3 championship finish in a prior category, eg. Gt4 to Gt3, karts to formula mazda, lmp2 to lmp1 etc. Maybe even have an FIA style superlicense system to qualify for such, while padding the rest of the class with typical forza groupings like modern supercars or retro saloons. Occasionally have showcase events like generations of 911 or Fordv Ferrari @ Le Mans, nordschleife 1v1 with record holders etc. FM4 has this mixture done pretty well. Maybe start with karts and autocross in D or F class and work up till X class F1/ LMP cars.

If you're referring to having to start out in slower classes or cars and having to work your way up into the faster stuff, that I have absolutely no interest in doing. I want to be able to race anything in my garage and not be restricted because I don't have the proper license for it or something like that.

But if you're referring to something involving a career then that wouldn't apply to me anyway because I don't run career mode in any game. I'm a strictly one off race player. Run this car in this race at this track then go run another car at a different track in another race sort of thing.

Even if multiplayer gets massive changes, it won't change any attitudes in online lobbies because the vast majority of Capital G Gamers and The Public™ don't actually care about doing actual racing.

Hell even GT7 is the way it is because people wanted what basically amounts to Pokemon but with cars in a history museum instead of a RACING game.

Takes something especially poor to make FM7s campaign look long and good.
It wasn't the greatest, but the fact you could choose the length you wanted your races to be was interesting. I liked turning the GT and LMP races into 1h mini-endurances, something that felt different to the usual 3 lap debacle. It could have been even better had we been able to choose tire compounds and fuel loads, which I'm looking forward in the next title.

Picked up a Series X today, I'm locked and loaded for FM Reboot. Let's see this baby. It's almost tradition now, I got a 360 because of Forza 3, Xbox One because of Forza 5 and now SX because of FM 2023.
If you can get one on the cheap, I would recommend picking up an external SSD for storing Xbox One games(Xbox 360 and original Xbox too). (So you can save internal storage for XSX games.)

The Series X has a lot of nice little tricks for old games too. Auto-HDR for original Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One games. 4K original Xbox games.

All games get auto-texture filtering; including original Xbox.

Even if multiplayer gets massive changes, it won't change any attitudes in online lobbies because the vast majority of Capital G Gamers and The Public™ don't actually care about doing actual racing.

Hell even GT7 is the way it is because people wanted what basically amounts to Pokemon but with cars in a history museum instead of a RACING game.
I was getting slammed into walls just as much in GT7 multiplayer as any Forza Motorsport. At least some people actually voice chat in Forza lobbies; I could almost never find a GT7 lobby with someone using a mic.

Last edited:
If you're referring to having to start out in slower classes or cars and having to work your way up into the faster stuff, that I have absolutely no interest in doing. I want to be able to race anything in my garage and not be restricted because I don't have the proper license for it or something like that.

But if you're referring to something involving a career then that wouldn't apply to me anyway because I don't run career mode in any game. I'm a strictly one off race player. Run this car in this race at this track then go run another car at a different track in another race sort of thing.
I'll take "have it and not need it" over "want it and not have it". For all of its amazing physics and real-world racing fidelity, I'm still not going to put in any real hours into, say, Automobilista 2 -- particularly singleplayer, since I'm nowhere near skilled enough to run with the Fanatec triple-screen hardcores online -- without any real sense of progression or achievement beyond the vague personal satisfaction of a good hotlap time. As contentious as Project Cars 2 was, at least that game tried to give some structure to the hardcore sim sandbox, and I don't see any reason why you can't have both an open-ended free play mode and a detailed, progress-driven career mode no matter how super-serious a sim is supposed to be.

I'll take "have it and not need it" over "want it and not have it". For all of its amazing physics and real-world racing fidelity, I'm still not going to put in any real hours into, say, Automobilista 2 -- particularly singleplayer, since I'm nowhere near skilled enough to run with the Fanatec triple-screen hardcores online -- without any real sense of progression or achievement beyond the vague personal satisfaction of a good hotlap time. As contentious as Project Cars 2 was, at least that game tried to give some structure to the hardcore sim sandbox, and I don't see any reason why you can't have both an open-ended free play mode and a detailed, progress-driven career mode no matter how super-serious a sim is supposed to be.
Correct and that's what I was meaning to say even though it didn't come out right. I just didn't want it to be a requirement. As long as I can continue to do my own personal thing, then I'll be happy and all of the players that like to dive deep into the career and multiplayer can do their thing and they will be happy.

Picked up a Series X today, I'm locked and loaded for FM Reboot. Let's see this baby. It's almost tradition now, I got a 360 because of Forza 3, Xbox One because of Forza 5 and now SX because of FM 2023.
Same here, and I usually buy an Xbox just for Forza. The timing of me also getting my Series X was also just right.

I have never played FM. So is it a sim or an arcade game ? I can’t figure it out from everything ive read.
It's similar to GT, somewhere in between. FM has always been better with a controller compared to a wheel though.

Last edited:
I have never played FM. So is it a sim or an arcade game ? I can’t figure it out from everything ive read.
It's a fun game with great tracks and tons of vehicles but it does lean way more toward arcade than Sim.

There is no tire wear so race strategy isn't so important and that includes fuel management because it doesn't have that either.

It doesn't really have pit stops, at least pit stops that are consequential. Some races do require a pit stop but as you go in the pits nothing is done unless there's damage it has to be repaired.

In GT, there is tire wear and there is fuel management requirement so pit stops are vital. That's what leads me to say it's less sim than GT.

Of course, they're both far less sim than Project Cars (both 1 and 2)

For what it's worth, and my opinion is worth nothing, I have a feeling it's going to be the best console racing game because I think it's going to combine the things that people love about GT7 and the things that people love about Forza Motorsport and the things that people love about Project Cars 2

Fingers crossed

You should probably play the Forza Motorsport games, you'd be pleasantly surprised.

It wasn't the greatest, but the fact you could choose the length you wanted your races to be was interesting. I liked turning the GT and LMP races into 1h mini-endurances, something that felt different to the usual 3 lap debacle. It could have been even better had we been able to choose tire compounds and fuel loads, which I'm looking forward in the next title.
I agree. I was fine with the FM7 career - I mostly had ~20 minute races with a reasonably high level AI, and it was fine. It wasn't blowing me away, but in terms of having a modern version of GT4-esque career with a lot of races it did the job.
Xbox Series x. Thrustmaster Tx, F1 add on, Alcantara add on. T3pa pro pedals, TH8A shifter, Gt omega art cockpit. Gt imega monitor stand. Samsung 49” Qled tv

You have an XSX and a fairly expensive wheel and cockpit setup and you haven't spent $20 on a used copy of FM7 just to see what it's like?
It's a fun game with great tracks and tons of vehicles but it does lean way more toward arcade than Sim.

There is no tire wear so race strategy isn't so important and that includes fuel management because it doesn't have that either.
FM7 has both tyre wear and fuel consumption. Maybe try turning them on.

FM7 has both tyre wear and fuel consumption. Maybe try turning them on.
I played that game quite a while ago and my biggest complaint was lack of significant pit stops and lack of strategy in terms of tire wear and fuel management.

It's possible I'm wrong. Maybe I'm thinking about Project Cars 3. I'll go back and check FM7.

It doesn't really have pit stops, at least pit stops that are consequential. Some races do require a pit stop but as you go in the pits nothing is done unless there's damage it has to be repaired.

In GT, there is tire wear and there is fuel management requirement so pit stops are vital. That's what leads me to say it's less sim than GT.
20230114_210101.jpg

I think you might be confusing Forza 7 with something else.

20230114_210944.jpg

20230114_211017.jpg

20230114_211049.jpg

Pre-pit and post-pit.

Last edited:
Yeah, I haven't had a chance to check it for myself but I think I was confusing it with Project Cars 3.
The biggest problem with pitting in Forza 7 is that not every track has a pit and the lack of any choice when pitting.

It would be nice if you could use pitting in endurance races to hire drivers for stint racing.

Poor Project Cars 3, what a fall from grace that was.

Last edited:
Ok. I texted my son in law because I wanted to be accurate. I didn't want to mislead anyone, even unintentionally.

He was one of the fastest Forza racers in the world. He's a real life racer (no, not famous). He's the one who made me buy an Xbox to try it.

Here's the exchange:

SmartSelect_20230114_212158_Messages.png

I was just definitely recalling my disappointment with PC3, not FM7.

He's hoping the 25th brings us happiness

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back