New Gallardo LP 560-4 is Butt Ugly

United States
North Carolina
QuikSlvr223
xlarge.jpg

This is the 2013 Lamborghini LP560-4. This has got to be the ugliest Lamborghini production car in history. That's my opinion, anyway, but how could you possibly like this anyway? Seriously, what was going through their minds when it was designed? I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes (by Lamborghini standards) anyway, the Gallardo is their most popular model ever, if I remember correctly.
2013-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP-560-4-rear-three-quarter,Paris-motor-show.jpg

I'm not seeing the issue. The new air inlets are an improvement to me, as it is fits the design of the front smoother; and the rear is so close to the same that it isn't worth mentioning.

I agree with Toronado, it looks like they just tidied up the current one a bit and I feel that it benifit's from it as well.

Isn't the Gallardo getting a bit outdated? I'm surprised too see a super car model last more than 5 years.

I do wonder why they bothered with a facelift without any meaningful mechanical change. The R8 V10 is catching up with the Plus model and the DSG, thus possibly bringing us back to 2007 when the R8 V8 was giving the old Gallardo a hard time.

Personally find this one of the worse facelifts ever, though few can possibly beat the previous gen Mercedes SL's headlight ruination. The Reventon-style nose and the simple rear end made the old one look so brilliant. This one has a few too many haphazard lines and it doesn't look anymore related to the Aventador than the oldie.

Thankfully, the Superleggera still continues with the old bumpers (and possibly other models, though not sure).

Now looking even more forward to the Cabrera (or whatever it's called).

They really are trying hard to keep this thing relevant. It's what, 10 years into production? They're just taking a page from 50's American automotive styling/marketing and making minute cosmetic alterations in order to sell more of the same product.

As usual, the earliest iterations look the best. With an exception for the addition of the newer valence, I think the original headlights look best:

8018854977_97df686b80_b.jpg

I don't think it looks that bad. Though I agree with the above post, the earlier versions looked the best.

They really are trying hard to keep this thing relevant. It's what, 10 years into production? They're just taking a page from 50's American automotive styling/marketing and making minute cosmetic alterations in order to sell more of the same product.

As usual, the earliest iterations look the best. With an exception for the addition of the newer valence, I think the original headlights look best:

You do realize that Lamborghini wringing one of their models for all their worth until moving on isn't anything remotely new, right? The Diablo went on for 11 years I believe.

As for the 2013 model I can't, or rather, I don't want to say anything until I've seen a better photo.

You do realize that Lamborghini wringing one of their models for all their worth until moving on isn't anything remotely new, right? The Diablo went on for 11 years I believe.

Very aware of that. The Murcielago also ran for the better part of a decade. I'm just saying it's gotten old...

The LP570-4 Superleggera was my favourite Gallardo. As far as I can tell, this is an LP560-4 with added triangles.

The MP4-12C and 458 will definitely outrun it, but will they outsell it?

I like the front, just not the rear changes. But, it's a quick facelift done to extend the car's life for another model year. The Cabrera will be here soon.

As for the 2013 model I can't, or rather, I don't want to say anything until I've seen a better photo.
And the Countach ran for 16. :P

It looks like hot soccer mom that's had its days and now is too old to be a hot soccer mom. The triagular things are the wrinkes above/beside the lips that goes down to the chin, making her all wrinkly and old.

I loved the old lp560-4 design. The new triangle and trapezoid features do ruin it. It looks like some amateur bodykit design.

I honestly thought I clicked the wrong thread at first, seeing how much it looks like every other version.

I think it looks good. Only thing it really needs is the fenders flared out maybe an inch or two.

I like the front, just not the rear changes. But, it's a quick facelift done to extend the car's life for another model year. The Cabrera will be here soon.

And the Countach ran for 16. :P

To be brutally honest I'd like to see a modern Countach with some updated lines.

It's just my personal opinion, but I find Lamborghini to be the most boring car maker out there... They're all basically the same design concept, just with a few different angles here and there. You know it's a Lambo just by looking at one. The only one that might confuse people might be the newer Lotus Esprit.
Again, just my opinion... not trying to be offensive to the fans.

Have a good one

Eww!

At first I took a quick glimpse at it from a different angle, and I thought I liked it. But I've came back to it and looked more closely, and it's ugly. The front end is fine, but it's not an improvement over the last iteration. It looks as if it's trying to smile, but its lips didn't quite get the message. The rear is where it all got messed up; it's just too busy. I didn't find anything wrong with the back of the current one, but apparently Lamborghini are bored of it. Those odd lines covering that large black area on the rear look like an afterthought. It just does not flow with any other part of the car. The whole deal with the black area at the bottom where the exhausts lie is atrocious, and the whole rear of the car is just awful. It looks like something those 'designers' at Mansory would do. :yuck:

To a certain extent, yes I agree with your point Slashfan. But Lambo is too much of a cookie cutter design in my opinion. Compare Ferrari and Lambo for example. Both distinct, but Ferrari has very distinct variety in their lineups throughout history. The most radically different Lambo was that SUV type they tried in the later 80's... the Rambo Lambo as I remember the nickname lol.

BTW, I would kill for an updated Countach as well. One of my favorite cars tbh.

Again, just my opinion...

Last edited:
Celebrities and other wealthy people looking for a status symbol will still buy it. New Lamborghinis seem to be made for status half the time.

To a certain extent, yes I agree with your point Slashfan. But Lambo is too much of a cookie cutter design in my opinion. Compare Ferrari and Lambo for example. Both distinct, but Ferrari has very distinct variety in their lineups throughout history. The most radically different Lambo was that SUV type they tried in the later 80's...

BTW, I would kill for an updated Countach as well. One of my favorite cars tbh.

Again, just my opinion...

Check out Google images for some pretty cool looking renders of the Countach.

Here's a few. Mind you they need a bit of work but they look awesome.

countachev01.jpg

lamborghini-countach-ev_2_8pbmi_69.jpg

I like it. The only think I don't like is the front.

I mean, those huge air intakes of the old model looked really good! Now...it just looks like a Murcie that they beat into submission.

Back