New Gran Turismo 7 "Starting Line" Trailer Reveals More New & Returning Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 608 comments
We’re just gonna have to wait ‘til the next big trailer hits, I guess

Last edited:
I feel there is at least 1 more to come ‘The Finish Line’. Which I assume will come today? I thought initially it was random but if you look at the dates on the GT YouTube page, there’s clearly a pattern:
  1. The Starting Line - 21/10
  2. Collector - 26/10 (5 days)
  3. Racer - 28/10 (2 days)
  4. Livery - 2/11 (5 days)
  5. Scapes - 4/11 (2 days)
  6. Tuner - 9/11 (5 days)
  7. Tracks - 11/11 (2 days)
  8. ????? - 16/11?? (5 days)
My guess is other two trailers, one about sport mode and one about career mode

About 100 minutes ago.

Yes, I've been waiting too :lol:
Waiting for GT7 trailers be like:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
They might just look at this site or maybe someother to see what people/byers want in gt7?Is it full off-line play,new cars,idea's and/or something else?
😏 I'm crazy i know but think of it

Last edited:
So is the phrase behind the scenes supposed to imply that these were all outtakes from a larger interview with Kaz? If so, then I would expect said interview to come next. If not, then what in the world had them title these interviews as "behind the scenes"?

So is the phrase behind the scenes supposed to imply that these were all outtakes from a larger interview with Kaz? If so, then I would expect said interview to come next. If not, then what in the world had them title these interviews as "behind the scenes"?
Marketing is my first thought.

My thining is, when the series ended and anything new gets announced, we will get in on thursday. Like the brembo news.
But on the other side, there could be one week break and next week the announce on black friday of the new fanatec wheel-base for PS5 and maybe a Gran Turismo edition, too, like the T-GT.

The timing of all these short videos (in my opinion) was to counter the (at the time) imminent release of Forza Horizon 5 - which is why the videos have stopped and I'm guessing we won't get any more until after Christmas. It was a good marketing strategy to try to take the attention away from a competitor - regardless of where you think FH5 sits on the Arcade-Simulation scale, it's still a competitor to GT7.

Only thing is, for players that don’t have an XBox, it promoted the pre-order. For players that have an XB and no PlayStation, XBox players will continue to play XB games.

I‘d think it’s mainly for players new to the franchise and new to automobiles. Interviews point to remember this and that from previous games, but we read Kaz is focused on that initial feeling of booting up a GT game for the first time. I would still like to see how pre-orders fair for combined consoles and separate.

If that was the reason for them, they didn't do a very good job. Nothing in those videos was interesting enough to divert any attention away, the odd new car hidden in the background isn't going to make people forget about Forza.

The timing of all these short videos (in my opinion) was to counter the (at the time) imminent release of Forza Horizon 5 - which is why the videos have stopped and I'm guessing we won't get any more until after Christmas. It was a good marketing strategy to try to take the attention away from a competitor - regardless of where you think FH5 sits on the Arcade-Simulation scale, it's still a competitor to GT7.
You think too much.

You know, it's entirely possible that this was something Sony and/or Polyphony's global PR team planned a long time ago knowing that people will want to place pre-orders during the holiday season irrespective of what Forza Horizon 5 was doing.

They're two very successful products made by two professional studios taking their own respective directions and approaches, I highly doubt they have knee-jerk reactions to each other like some tit-for-tat fanboy-war at the top of their priority lists...

I love how Kaz acknowledges that car collecting and livery editing is a big part of the game….

….but based on the info we have so far, and based on PD’s track record, car collectors and livery artists will probably be forced to start their practice from scratch.

After 5 years of GT Sport, I have NEVER seen a lobby with a full grid of the 20 mil Gr X cars….and the community will be forced to start that grind all over again.

Maybe in another 5-10 years, we might actually see a grid of vintage Le Mans cars.

Think someone mentioned about PD/GTS decals as well. If say Tag Heuer or NTN or that Bulldog decal are deleted, players that used GTS decals in their liveries, wouldn’t those liveries be useless?

Colors as well. So,e players may have collected all the manufacturer colors and some may have had to make theirs up. That process could have changed.

Last edited:
Change the resolution on YouTube down to HD. That'll about do it.
YouTube HD won’t demonstrate whether or not a PS4 can handle a full lobby of 20+ players, with dynamic time, dynamic weather, dynamic track conditions, extensive vehicle customization, and a more comprehensive physics engine.

Well, how many games actually let players transfer their garage to the next game? Slowly building a garage is usually seen as part of the progression. It's a design choice. The liveries are completely different, unless the graphical quality between liveries from GTS and GT7 is noticeably different, players should be able to download their own liveries for GT7, assuming all cars are ported over.

Also, in real life, collecting is not easy nor cheap. The 20 mil Cr. cars being too expensive or not, it all depends on the rewards from races. Also, it would be a lot easier to buy those cars in GTS, if we could sell our own gifted cars.

extensive vehicle customization, and a more comprehensive physics engine
Vehicle customization has little effect on the ability of the console to handle the game. If the console can handle 20 completely different cars, with different sizes, sounds, liveries, interiors, etc, it will handle a car with an extra wing and widebody. I mean, the game will handle 20 purpose built race cars, which is equivalent to the max extent of modifications for road cars anyways. The game has to handle multiple Tomahawk X, which have multiple moveable parts, plus a crazy top speed, that requires the game to load more of the track, faster.

As for the physics engine. No matter how powerful the console is, the physics are a design choice. Small, needed, improvements won't have that much of a hit on performance, but a complete overall may have a stronger impact. Does PD even want to make a huge improvement on the physics? Probably not.

Well, how many games actually let players transfer their garage to the next game? Slowly building a garage is usually seen as part of the progression. It's a design choice. The liveries are completely different, unless the graphical quality between liveries from GTS and GT7 is noticeably different, players should be able to download their own liveries for GT7, assuming all cars are ported over.

Also, in real life, collecting is not easy nor cheap. The 20 mil Cr. cars being too expensive or not, it all depends on the rewards from races. Also, it would be a lot easier to buy those cars in GTS, if we could sell our own gifted cars.

Vehicle customization has little effect on the ability of the console to handle the game. If the console can handle 20 completely different cars, with different sizes, sounds, liveries, interiors, etc, it will handle a car with an extra wing and widebody. I mean, the game will handle 20 purpose built race cars, which is equivalent to the max extent of modifications for road cars anyways. The game has to handle multiple Tomahawk X, which have multiple moveable parts, plus a crazy top speed, that requires the game to load more of the track, faster.

As for the physics engine. No matter how powerful the console is, the physics are a design choice. Small, needed, improvements won't have that much of a hit on performance, but a complete overall may have a stronger impact. Does PD even want to make a huge improvement on the physics? Probably not.
In any online game, enhanced customization of player avatars always places additional load on the game and servers. In GT, your car is your avatar in an online lobby.

I think you’re also very confused about what customization entails. A Gr 4 Nissan GTR is not a “customized road car GTR”. In terms of the way it is programmed in the game, the Gr4 car is a completely separate model from the road car, with the only customizable options being the livery and the wheels.

As far as the physics engine, PD has redone the physics engine between every game. To assume that the GT7 physics engine won’t be more comprehensive and complex than what we currently have, that just not being aware of how PD operates. Additionally, it would extremely disappointing if a next gen game on a next gen console didn’t improve the physics engine.

You know, it's entirely possible that this was something Sony and/or Polyphony's global PR team planned a long time ago knowing that people will want to place pre-orders during the holiday season irrespective of what Forza Horizon 5 was doing.

They're two very successful products made by two professional studios taking their own respective directions and approaches, I highly doubt they have knee-jerk reactions to each other like some tit-for-tat fanboy-war at the top of their priority lists...
Yeah you could be right, it's just a theory. I just thought Polyphony has been pretty quiet since FH5 was released.

Back