New Gran Turismo 7 "Starting Line" Trailer Reveals More New & Returning Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 608 comments
Lol at people mad for the hairpin :lol: the track has a good flow, now is larger and the cockpit camera looks awesome, turn down for me is the glitch in LOD on the trees persist from GT sport :(

Virginia International Raceway, Sebring, Road Atlanta, Sugo, Watkins Glen, Kyalami, Misano, Imola. So many tracks players, that only play GT, have missed out by not playing other games. The same way PDS Original Circuits have character, the real world circuits inspired those fictional layouts. Hopefully we see a good mix of new to GT real world circuits and fictional ones.

Is that an RX-Vision road car, or is that an RX-7 with a body kit? I can't tell.

I feel like cockpit view was a really horrible camera choice to use as you can't see the track as good. From what we can see however, I think the track feels rather generic. Somehow lost a bit of it's charm in this iteration.
That's the RX-Vision road car we saw the cockpit of during the Showcase trailer in September. Very nice to have a proper in-game look of the exterior.

Last edited:
I don't like the Hairpin here. I liked it a lot in High Speed Ring because it was suited after a big fast corner and the corner is now more banked. Here it instead replaces quite a fun fast corner initially.

The rest looks pretty good just that corner change hurts it from being great to decent

Last edited:
They've fixed the paddle shifting animation from Sport but it still looks a little funky.

Also something is up with the colours in the video. You can notice it easily with reds of the flags as well as the suggested gear number icon beside the current gear number, speedo bar, ABS icon, and brake input.

With all of these original tracks getting revised for no reason other than to make them feel contemporary, they're feeling stale as ever. So I'd hope they don't touch any other classic tracks at the point.

I wonder if PD would create a track that isn't perfect, or pristine. Like it had been a track for a century. With character instead of sterile environments.

Last edited:
With all of these original tracks getting revised for no reason other than to make them feel contemporary, they're feeling stale as ever. So I'd hope they don't touch any other classic tracks at the point.

I wonder if PD would create a track that isn't perfect, or pristine. Like it had been a track for a century. With character instead of sterile environments.
Why should PD treat their tracks like real ones? They aren't bound by cost, they aren't bound by the environment and they aren't bound by disgruntled residents, so I don't see why PD can't revise the track layout. I'm sure many track owners would love to revise or redesign their tracks but cannot due to the factors mentioned above. That is not an issue in the virtual world, so why not take advantage of that? Leaving a track dormant because of "character", despite looking 20 years out of date, is dumb.

Why should PD treat their tracks like real ones? They aren't bound by cost, they aren't bound by the environment and they aren't bound by disgruntled residents, so I don't see why PD can't revise the track layout. I'm sure many track owners would love to revise or redesign their tracks but cannot due to the factors mentioned above. That is not an issue in the virtual world, so why not take advantage of that? Leaving a track dormant because of "character", despite looking 20 years out of date, is dumb.
Admittedly that same logic can be applied to keeping it the way it is. They aren't bound by age (in terms of track surface age), updated safety regulations or FIA Grade. So why not keep it how it is at it worked.

I don't have a stance of if it should be kept the same of changed as the moral base but throwing that in.

I hope so but I don’t see the where the barriers change and or a road as per original design in the trailer

Edit: barrier on left is solid concrete before hairpin and then there’s just grass on the left after the hairpin
Maybe it's just wishful imagination :)

Curious to why. I loved racing on it in FM6 and would love to see all its layouts in GT7
That track with its layout has flippin' aggrevated me since I first tried it on FM6. Some of those turns come out of nowhere giving me no indication on where to brake. I can never get them right, I either go in too slow or just flat out end up in the grass. and man all of the times I've been punted off on this track compared to others don't help either.

I miss the trees that cover the road, the elevation change at the exit of the second tunnel, and the original layout.
And something is wrong with the lighting. Especially the shaded areas of the track are too bright.
It could have been recorded directly on PS5, so could have HDR enabled on the console,and it seems to over blow the light sometimes. It could also be why the names on the left aren't as dark as GT Sports.

I do think it has something to do with HDR,even if I'm wrong about the reasoning.

People clamoring for real world tracks, you can get those tracks anywhere. You rarely get the standard of fantasy tracks that PD offers in many other games. Forza has had about three that are really memorable in 16 years. It isn't easy doing what Gran Turismo does, and that's why those tracks are so special after all this time.

It could have been recorded directly on PS5, so could have HDR enabled on the console,and it seems to over blow the light sometimes. It could also be why the names on the left aren't as dark as GT Sports.

I do think it has something to do with HDR,even if I'm wrong about the reasoning.
One thing is for sure, looking at the flags from the drivers, the colour is quite a bit off. A bit too orange I'd say.

Couple interesting cars in this video. An Alpine and the featured HKS Copen.

Wonder if these were somewhat inspiration to add to the GT series. The event took place during 2015. Would have been on queue for PD to research adding versions of both cars.
Looking up some info about the Copen VGT, it was made by a different company to Daihatsu, as SEICO is written on the side of the VGT.

Alpine isn’t new to the GT franchise, but it’d be interesting if someone went to that Fuji event and took note of that car(even though it’s not the specific one slated for GT7).

So many questions. I doubt it, as I‘ve not seen it in a console game yet, but I do wonder if PD have changing conditions at different parts of the big circuits. He likes Nurburgring and has raced there. He’s aware of how it could be raining at one part and dry at another part. A good trick if he’s been able to replicate that. I mean, with all that NASA name drop and everything…

I don't agree on focusing real tracks. They're great to have but original tracks is one of the ways GT stands out from the rest.

I think we have plenty real world tracks but if we were to get more, I want more obscure ones that other Racing games don't usually have like Hidden Valley Raceway or Eurospeedway Lausitzring

Last edited:
Other games have original circuits as well. So, they too stand out from other games. Just depends how much people play those games. As for real tracks in GT games, only console game I seen Autopolis in, was Shift or Shift 2. PC2 has Sugo, Forza have other obscure tracks and so many tracks from both franchises PD could choose from.

I’m sure PD will throw in a real circuit not seen in a current console game.

VXR
People clamoring for real world tracks, you can get those tracks anywhere. You rarely get the standard of fantasy tracks that PD offers in many other games. Forza has had about three that are really memorable in 16 years. It isn't easy doing what Gran Turismo does, and that's why those tracks are so special after all this time.
Personally, I like to drive most of the Forza fantasy tracks more than the GT ones. The GT tracks are nostalgic because I played them as a kid, but the Forza tracks are more interesting to drive.

VXR
The old ones, yeah. Not so much the recent HD era fantasy PD tracks. If the choice is between another Saint Croix, Alsace or Cape Ring vs a real world track, I know what I'm going for.

There are so many cool real world tracks that aren't in every game.

I'd rather have fictional circuit that take place in real cities, than tracks like Cape Ring, or another Kyoto driving park.
Not so much real cities, but just something more interesting. Kyoto is OK, but it's pretty dull. Same for most of the new GTS tracks. I don't get how you have a blank piece of paper with no restrictions and you come up with something that looks like a sterile, real world race track. Tracks like Grand Valley are iconic not because it looks like a real track, but because it has a good layout and interesting, diverse scenery.

It's a game, PD. For fun. Go wild. Think outside the box of tunnels and bridges.

Back