New GT Force Pro mod. New Shift Knobs!!!!

• Thread starter Solscud007
  • 11 comments
Hey guys. After I saw Driftou's wheel swap (which i still need to figure out how to do) I thought of swapping out the shift knob. Ideally i want the Momo one, but it is 76 dollars!!! too much for me.
MOMRACAIR_1.jpg

So I had the choice of my Stock civic shift knob but it is kinda ugly. So i called up my best friend, drove over and took his stock WRX shift knob (he has that momo knob in his WRX) and I put it the WRX one on.

post-26-1085896759.jpg

cool huh?

ok for those who want to do this know one thing. You HAVE to cut off the stock plastic knob. So there is no going back (unless you jack another one and swpa them out.

Ok here's what you do.

1. Turn the whole thing upside down. Under the shift knob shaft you will see a square hole and the bottom of the shifter shaft pokes thru. You will see a nut. You will need a 10mm socket.

2. Unscrew the nut. Pull the shift knob out from the top. The light silver accent on the top is jsut snapped on. Get a small screw driver and pry it off. Careful there are three long prongs that come down from the accent to snap into the knob.

3. Get a screw driver and pound the screw thru the bottom of the shaft. You can also try to pull the upper half and then twist the screw out.

4. Now you should be left with the shaft and the bottom half of the knob. Here is where you reach the point of no return. Get a saw or something and hack off the bottom part of the knob from the shaft. Try to keep as much of the shaft as possible.

5. Now get yourself your desired new shift knob (in my case stock WRX). Get a bolt that matches the thread pattern of the knob. Try to get one that has no head. So its sort of a shaft with threads on it. and screw that in. Then screw it into the plastic. You may want to sand down the shaft to fit in the knob. Attaching it is up to you. There are many ways to do it. So good luck. I take no responsibility of you screw up. :lol: :D

So, just to clarify, to install this mod, you need:

- A 10mm set.
- A screwdriver.
- A new shift knob.
- A leprechaun.

Now, throw all that **** in the bin, and send it to someone who knows what the **** they're doing.

Originally posted by code_kev
I know I said I'd never buy a wheel...but seeing it makes me want it :(

I am Converted.
No more DS.
No more 200 degree wheels.
The whole feel of the game is completely transformed with the Driving Force Pro.
Feel the grip, Feel the slip, Hold you lines, lower your times, it really does just blow your mind.
The rally stage is a whole lot of work, but the satisfaction of literally flinging your car about rotating the wheel from right to left to right, balancing the throttle and changing gear, feel the car get light, feel it firm up its all there.

As i said im converted, your only getting half the game without it.

im slightly glad the game is this far away, gives me time to save for Widescreen, speakers+sub, wireess network kit, and this wheel. woohoo!

...you're only getting half the game without it.

*applaudes*

Truer words were never spoken. :) I can definitely see how the rally stages are suited for the wheel. I'm **** at them on Prologue, I just fishtail around the whole track using a DS2. :(

Originally posted by MadduckUK
im slightly glad the game is this far away, gives me time to save for Widescreen, speakers+sub, wireess network kit, and this wheel. woohoo!

Im almost there.

got My Superb 100hz 36inch widescreen, got a 5.1 sound, got the wheel.
Now i just need the race pod with seat (currently usuing a quick makeshift), network adaptor, wireless bridge, HDD and of course GT4!

Originally posted by GTXLR
your only getting half the game without it.
Kind of like how you're only getting half the wheel without GT4.

Also, I can't handle rallys with 900?, I always switch to 180 for them. It could be partly because I don't have the sturdiest wheel mount and can't really get agressive with turning...

Back