New GT HD Screenshots

sorry if someone already mentioned this, but there are some new screenshots on the official site (http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/sp/detail.do?article_id=376), which are not in the GTHD screenshots section here on GTP.
they show a honda integra (acura rsx) type r, a skyline gtr v-spec II (r33 i think, i'm no skyline expert), an evo IV, a mazda eunos roadster (looks like a first gen miata to me - same thing?) a suzuki cappuccino (sp?), the old impreza rally car, and the current wrx sti, all on the Eiger Nordwand track.

no new cars, i think, but thought someone might be interested.

the models are amazing, but the lighting and reflections still need work and there is still no anti-aliasing.

they finaly added Anti-aliasing! All the cars are Extremely detailed!

Are you looking at the same page I'm looking at? Or are you just posting that to be annoying?

Because when I click the link, all I see is a bunch of buttons full of kanji. No pictures.

So howzabout pulling the pictures, throwing them up on Imageshack, and putting 'em right here in the thread, yeah?

Are you looking at the same page I'm looking at? Or are you just posting that to be annoying?

Because when I click the link, all I see is a bunch of buttons full of kanji. No pictures.

So howzabout pulling the pictures, throwing them up on Imageshack, and putting 'em right here in the thread, yeah?

the screenshots are too big (1080p) I will only post the correct link:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/sp/detail.do?article_id=376

-> Wow! Now that clears up those anti-aliasing (please correct my spelling) issues on GTHD. Every update from PD gets better and better!

~> All I can say is...:drool: :dunce: :scared: :dopey: :boggled: :cheers:

hey i saw a screen shot with 2 drivers inside the car... does that mean that we can let people sit inside our car? >_> like let your friend sit inside your car while racing... thatd be awesome

hey i saw a screen shot with 2 drivers inside the car... does that mean that we can let people sit inside our car? >_> like let your friend sit inside your car while racing... thatd be awesome

Well, that appears to be an off-road track...perhaps there is a co-driver? Although with such a well-defined track it seems pointless.

Well, that appears to be an off-road track...perhaps there is a co-driver? Although with such a well-defined track it seems pointless.

Either way, it's probably just for realism because in real life, pretty much every rally driver and rally race that i've seen has had a co-driver.

I'm having a hard time believing that's in-game real-time rendered footage, that's how good it looks. It reminds me of those 3D-rendered car ads, like the ones for the Holden Monaro and Honda Civic. You can just barely tell it's not real, but the polygon count must be through the roof because there's no hard edges on the curves (at normal viewing distances), extremely good anti-aliasing, and the lighting is near perfect. The only thing giving it away is the slightly strange metallic textures, like the wheels & radiators.

The amount of detail they put into these is obscene. As far as I can tell, everything is modeled, not texture-mapped. Even the 111R logo on the Elise could be modeled.... ;)

I'm impressed, but still waiting for Replay Photomode pictures. Zoom in on the car there, not when it's standing alone. Remember how GT4 had different models in Photomode and gameplay? We've been burned before by non-game mode screenshots (step forward, justabouteverythingonthePC), so here's hoping Sony does different.

Nice to see they finally put AA on
Can someone tell me what's up with this WRX?
I mean why there is a Ring map sticker on it

the track textures are still pretty bad, though. at least on the ground. the sky and mountains look good. PD is probably focusing more on the cars now. (although there should be different people working on cars and tracks) Hopefully the tracks will look as good as the cars by the time GT5 comes out.

I just noticed that the screenshots are labeled "Car Modeling 01" etc. They are probably meant to show off the excellent models more than the good-but-not-perfect rendering (lighting, reflections...).

the 2 driver view was on the new revealed track for gthd... thats not an off road track... I hope im right about the passengers lol

Rallying isn't just off-road. He's there to make the rally car and the rally race more realistic.

Why havent they shown the Ford GT and Nismo Skyline R33 yet!!!!!! i wanna see'em, as the were in one of the videos.
Prob best i'ev seen game graphics ever, better than Forza 2 and
Project Gotham 3. Gotta admire PD for everything they brought us.

Nice to see they finally put AA on
Can someone tell me what's up with this WRX?
I mean why there is a Ring map sticker on it

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that since that's a WRX STI, it has that sticker because the STI team uses the 'Ring the test out their cars, and once they pass they get the sticker. Something along the lines of that

I downloaded the videos and some pics last night. The way Gran Turismo HD is coming along is simply stunning for a game that's only 15% finished or so. I have a feeling that many more people are going to be getting GT HD than they suspect after seeing examples like this.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that since that's a WRX STI, it has that sticker because the STI team uses the 'Ring the test out their cars, and once they pass they get the sticker. Something along the lines of that

^ That's because the 2006 GDB STi Spec-C was extensivley tested and timed at the Nurb-North course, and they celebrate it too. You can see it on its Japanese Subaru website:

http://www.subaru.co.jp/impreza/wrx/concept/03/01/

(:

Still wrong.

It's a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec-C Type-RA, built to celebrate Subaru's taking of the stock AWD record at the Nurburgring.

RA for Record Attempt.

The359
Still wrong.

It's a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec-C Type-RA, built to celebrate Subaru's taking of the stock AWD record at the Nurburgring.

RA for Record Attempt.

^ Um, I think were both wrong because the white car is a GDB-III 2006 model, while the one shown on the website was the GC model ('round mid-90's?).

-> Here's some real-life 2006 STI Spec-C Type RA:

4349235256956668.JPG

6573569691401114.JPG

7662458478167779.JPG

2396639_18_full.jpg

2396639_17_full.jpg

:)

OMG! this is allmost too good to be true! that subaru impreza replay looks REAL with the shadows and everything!!

Playstation 3 will own Xbox 360 so hard!

EDIT: and if you look at the screens of the green Suzuki Cappuccino, you can see that there is a real pearl effect in the paint :D

I hope you don't mean in the post just above yours, because they are real, barring the first one, I don't know where that came from. But that post isn't in relation to GT:HD's graphics, just that car in particualr and why it has a map of the Ring on it.

Pardon me if it hasn't already been obvious, since I haven't been following the developments much, but I'm personally very happy to see panel gaps. Real, actual panel gaps, not drawn-on ones. The textures on the Celica don't look very good though, and a personal nit; they haven't upgraded the Elise to the '06 model, because I don't see LED rear lights.

Nice to see (glacial) progress is being made 👍

Latest Posts

Back