New GT Sport Gr.X Class Spotted at Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017

Probably not just used for stock VGTs but just miscellaneous cars in general.

I was at the FOS yesterday and I had my first hands on experience of GT Sport and I noticed the Gr.X class too.

This makes me so happy. Finally we know what groups the Vision GT cars are in. But how will the slower ones (like the Subaru) race with the faster ones like the Mazda?

Last edited:
ss3
This makes me so happy. Finally we know what groups the Vision GT cars are in. But how will the slower ones (like the Subaru) race with the faster ones like the Mazda?

Some VGT cars are already confirmed for other classes. The VW GTI Roadster and Supersport are in Gr. 3 and Gr. B respectively, for instance.

Some VGT cars are already confirmed for other classes. The VW GTI Roadster and Supersport are in Gr. 3 and Gr. B respectively, for instance.
@FT-1 I understand what your trying to say, but Group X is the regular non race versions, yet the Mercedes and the Mazda are in Gr.X together. And the Mercedes is no match for the Mazda. What I'm saying is how will cars that are slower be able to compete with cars that are faster. Will they have subclasses of Gr.X, like Gr.N for example having the Gr.N300 & 400s?

Last edited:
...Why do I get the feeling that the Gr. X is actually a placeholder, until they figure out where to put those VGTs in? No, I'm not taking a dig at PDI, but it just kinda feels that way.

I'd like to see a more balanced PP rating system and/or a way to restrict specific car(s) in a room as opposed to politely asking some one to not use a 'boss car'.

Grouping or balancing a car's performance is not going to work if the average driver can run away from the field no matter how much weight is added or horse power is reduced as it is with certain cars in GT's 5 and 6.

It's been replaced by the Beetle in Group 3. Don't know about Group B though...

I've tried them a bunch of times. I can hold my own on the straightaways, lol. Once I have to turn I screw up. I guess it just takes a bunch of practise.

Back